Health ministry unveils preliminary criteria for November 1 quarantine lifting

webfact

Many countries, including the , USA, have travel warnings to Thailand because of the covid situation in Thailand. The US warning is their highest warning, do not travel to Thailand because of the covid situation.

Edited by ryane66

9 hours ago, webfact said:

upon arrival in Thailand and must spend the first night at an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility or an authorized hotel to wait for the test result.

Way to go Thailand, you still managed to to throw a wrench in it. As long as you require a test on arrival, and the possibility/threat of long-term quarantine, you will only get more expats back. Forget about tourism, especially quality tourism. No high end traveler will take that risk. These 'ministers' should go back to their real jobs and let somebody who knows what they're doing take over. All of Thailand's problems are self imposed and most are from fear of losing face, and the fear is justified because they don't belong in leadership. It's an infinity loop that keeps the nation 25 years behind the times.

I'm in the US, and won't be back to Thailand until I can arrive without the threat of ANY quarantine whatsoever, meaning no test on arrival. Until then, I'll enjoy my freedoms in sunny Florida and gripe on the keyboard.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

How will these expenses be collected?

This is an improvement but won't satisfy those who want the pre-COVID "experience"*.

COVID $100,000 insurance? CoE?

Same rules apply to entering many countries and the UK. !!You must order a day 2 test and pay online, print the order and Locator form with  REF  number to check into flight, otherwise you don’t board ! As for travel insurance I believe it’s necessary for all travelers. (COE , who knows. ? ) Have proof of double vaccins and details etc. 

11 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

Its a step in the right direction, but not much of one unfortunately and i think unlikely to move the needle much.

Well that's right, the hassle and overheads are still there - the COE procedure and forms, the taxi from the airport by hotel staff, the hotel, the PCR test, then release procedure.

14 days, 7 days, 1 day ... same old same old.

That's one point.

Then there is leaving all this to the last moment and it's looking like it's too late to pull in tourists for this year. People plan their winter breaks and they are booking other places.

People are permanently writing off Thailand as too much to handle and moving on to new undiscovered places.

• Like 1

If Thailand wants tourists in their hundreds of thousands and even millions, keep things simple with the visa, forget the CoE and if Thailand wants it this year then announce it formally through Immigration and the Embassies this week.

This week, yes, for this high season. Otherwise, stop f**ting about.

S**t or get off the pot ????????????????

Edited by cape
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sapson said:

The need for further testing and 1 days quarantine seems incredibly xenophobic or part of a master plan to shift the focus of  blame for an escalating Covid situation on arriving foreigners. 

What is the point of it? How likely are people to catch Covid, to the degree that it will be detectable, over the duration of the flight? How likely is it that the home country tests are faulty or the testing circumstances such that a Covid infection will be missed? I think not very.

I think, as you say, there are other reasons for it. They were talking about drastically lowering the cost of tests in Thailand, so lucre is not so filthy, however there is the economy of scale. 

27 minutes ago, geisha said:

Same rules apply to entering many countries and the UK. !!You must order a day 2 test and pay online, print the order and Locator form with  REF  number to check into flight, otherwise you don’t board ! As for travel insurance I believe it’s necessary for all travelers. (COE , who knows. ? ) Have proof of double vaccins and details etc. 

I don't see mention of the day two test here. Maybe I missed it? However, what I see seems pretty relaxed. Quoted from: UK Testing Requirements

You must take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England if you either:

• do not qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England
  • have been in a country or territory on the red list in the 10 days before you will arrive in England

You do not have to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England if you qualify as fully vaccinated and you have not been in a red list country.

49 minutes ago, mbenson said:

I don't see mention of the day two test here. Maybe I missed it? However, what I see seems pretty relaxed. Quoted from: UK Testing Requirements

You must take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England if you either:

• do not qualify as fully vaccinated for travel to England
  • have been in a country or territory on the red list in the 10 days before you will arrive in England

You do not have to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to England if you qualify as fully vaccinated and you have not been in a red list country.

Yeah,

You don't take a test before travel but you must take a test on arrival on or before day 2. This must be booked before travel and entered into your passenger locator form before travel to the UK.

There is one thing I am unsure about and maybe other TVF members can help and that is what kind of test is acceptable to the British government requirements. Slightly confusing as there are home tests, onsite tests, offsite tests, self testing. etc

https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/green

Edited by Scouse123

I've already visited 2 countries other than Thailand  and am throughly enjoying my self without any quarantine. I took a PCR within 72 hours of boarding my flights and thats it ! They are whipping a dead horse. I wont come back until they drop all the unnecessary hurdles. Typical small minds.

• Like 2

So Anutin, the health minister is not saying the same thing as the great leader PM.

Is this a surprise?  If I have 2 covid shots, and a PCR test on departure, why is another test

and 1 night in an ASQ hotel still necessary, when it is well known that I will be in more danger than

the Thai people.  Land of Sandboxes is still not a great place to visit.   Keep trying Prayut and Anutin, some day 

you tools may actually open up Thailand to foreign travelers with out the hoops and other rules.

Maybe by December or January., because,  If you mess up until February, your high tourist season

will be over by half.  It is time to quit being dim wits. Get your Thai people vaccinated, and quit

the flip flopping with your rules and restrictions.

Geezer

20 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Dissent in the ranks again, this is not what Prayut said in his speech:

"All that visitors will need do is to show that they are COVID-free at their time of travel with an RT-PCR test undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand, after which they will be free to move around Thailand in the same way that any Thai citizen can do."

Having re read the article he is quoted as saying in paragraph 6 that tourists will have to spend one night in an ASQ hotel while awaiting  the result of the test and for which they meet the cost.

I am not a tourist but I am not prepared to travel until apart from having the vaccination passport or whatever I can get on the plane, leave and return without all this bureaucracy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

Having re read the article he is quoted as saying in paragraph 6 that tourists will have to spend one night in an ASQ hotel while awaiting  the result of the test and for which they meet the cost.

I am not a tourist but I am not prepared to travel until apart from having the vaccination passport or whatever I can get on the plane, leave and return without all this bureaucracy.

I was referring to Prayuts speech where he never mentioned this https://www.thainewsreports.com/2021/10/11/national-address-of-the-prime-minister-of-thailand-on-monday-11-october-2021/

Interested to see how they can manage this to allow these overseas visitors to travel freely all over the country.  After all even local Thais cannot and have to deal with a range of rules in different provinces and districts.  They also will not have Mor Prom as proof of vaccination.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Sorry I was quoting from the article, they seem to contradict each other and will probably change again tomorrow.

• Like 1

People wake up.

They can lift whatever they want.

Have a look at electricity, gas, oil, heating oil prices.

People are worried, how they heat their homes next winter.

Airline tickets will become much more expensive due to the high oil prices.

Rising inflation.

I think for most people, their last worries is to go on a "holiday to Thailand".

25 minutes ago, stigar said:

SYDNEY and NEW-SOUTH-WALES open next moth without quaranteme.

Thats good newsfor aussies qhos stocked in another countries.Thousands can now rerurn.

Are you Aussie?

Those must be a local dialect:

Quaranteme

Qhos

Rerun.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

Way to go Thailand, you still managed to to throw a wrench in it. As long as you require a test on arrival, and the possibility/threat of long-term quarantine, you will only get more expats back. Forget about tourism, especially quality tourism. No high end traveler will take that risk. These 'ministers' should go back to their real jobs and let somebody who knows what they're doing take over. All of Thailand's problems are self imposed and most are from fear of losing face, and the fear is justified because they don't belong in leadership. It's an infinity loop that keeps the nation 25 years behind the times.

I'm in the US, and won't be back to Thailand until I can arrive without the threat of ANY quarantine whatsoever, meaning no test on arrival. Until then, I'll enjoy my freedoms in sunny Florida and gripe on the keyboard.

I'm in UK and agree exactly with your comments especially your final paragraph.  ????

Well except it's a spanner, not a wrench ????:sorry:

Edited by VBF
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Certainly could make a hard man humble!

.... especially when that hard man gets tested positive and is invited to spend a nice 14-day vacation in quarantine. Sounds like a dream vacation to me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1