Health ministry unveils preliminary criteria for November 1 quarantine lifting

webfact

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Just because someone has been fully vaccinated does not mean they cannot catch and pass on the virus to others .

They are not worried about that. They are worried about them filling up the hospitals and or not having funds to pay for it!

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Just because someone has been fully vaccinated does not mean they cannot catch and pass on the virus to others .

Wow.  The level of expertise amazes me….lets hope i don’t catch it from you then

Just wait.

Soon, winter time in Europe and infection rates will skyrocket again.

Thailand now every day on 10k average.

When tourists come and the numbers in Thailand go  up, the blame will be on farangs.

Imagine tourists, 2x vaccinated, negative test before traveling to Thailand. On return to Europe, they suddenly test positive.

Won't look good for Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Prayut and Anutin are acting like executioners towards their own most vulnerable citizens, when it should be their top priority to protect them, but I guess there's no serious money to be made in that malarky so why bother, lol.

Absolutely spot on!

They are both long overdue for reciprocal fortune, but Karma does come calling when you least expect it.

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

That is why they do the covid test.

I don't think the arrival PCR test will be the issue, it will be the departure one. You arrive, vaccinated and confirmed Covid free then head into Bangkok or to the beach somewhere and come into contact wiith unvaccinated and untested locals then on your way out of the kingdom get your departure PCR and test positive and its off to hospital or ASQ with you for 2 weeks. If you're asymptomatic you then have a fight on your hands to get your insurance company to pay for the hospital/ASQ as well as an awkward phonecall to your boss back home to let them know you won't be back in work for a couple more weeks.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

In the absence of any deadly new variants, the tourists aren't the problem. The trouble will start when they begin seriously lifting restrictions on social activities, like allowing bars to open again, which is pretty much a must if they want to attract a lot of people to spend a lot of money. Loss of inhibitions from drinking, together with shouting and singing in close proximity to others, possibly in an enclosed indoor space, and you have the perfect environment for the virus to spread. Now all those young(ish), fully vaccinated partygoers and staff may not be at much risk, but the vaccines don't stop them from transmitting the virus to unvacinated friends and family, resulting in rising cases of serious illness and, sooner or later, deaths from Covid. Prayut and Anutin are acting like executioners towards their own most vulnerable citizens, when it should be their top priority to protect them, but I guess there's no serious money to be made in that malarky so why bother, lol.

@Guderian  watch out another member of the fun police is here 

2 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

As long as you keep any type of quarantine, few tourists will come. There might be some kind of arrival peak at first for all the people who wanted to come back to Thailand and were eagerly waiting for November without restrictions. But actual foreign tourists? Not so much... 

It is just to save face and say: "we did it, we reopened Thailand!" but it won't help local businesses much and the situation will keep worsening. 

So, yeah, step in the right direction, but more of a baby step...

I notice that these hoops are just the Pelimiary requirements - I guess there are more to come  ????

He didn’t know if tourists will have to spend 1 night in there arrival city, well I suggest he starts to find out, what is the point of a test if you don’t wait for the result, best get out of the way and let a kindergarten child sort it out

5 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

So I presume you have to book this before arriving. It’s getting ridiculous 

It is clear by just the comments here that potential travellers fall at every hurdle put in their way. We now need official confirmation of entry requirement or risk a wasted trip to the airport.

3 hours ago, sapson said:

Covid is endemic amongst the Thai population, largely untested and many vaccinated with Sinovac ineffective against latest virus strains.

I agree. My local market is closed for a second time and many shops around it shut too as they are afraid of contagion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

They will need to take an RT-PCR test upon arrival in Thailand and must spend the first night at an Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility or an authorized hotel to wait for the test result.

And the cost for that will for the tourist be ??????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

the hub of variants is in the future

Not here. This will manifest in places where there is a higher concentration of continuous infections and spread - regardless of the percentage of vaccinated. 

I've booked for New Year and had already decided to book a test and stay in a hotel on the first night - I consider travelling high risk and want to do what I can to not take the virus home to my family. So I was doing what Anutin is suggesting already.

However, I suspect his announcement will screw my pans up. I arrive on 30 December so should be able to travel home to Khao Yai on 31 December. I'm fully aware that traffic is usually hideous on that day - especially in the direction of Isaan so I'd planned to get off early - around 6am.  The company I planned to use for my PCR test send the results by e-mail so as I'd be travelling alone, I thought I could get the results (hopefully negative) by e-mail whilst on the move.

Now I can see what's going to happen - test results arrive in the afternoon on the 31st meaning a 9 hour (from previous experience) drive home.

Does anything ever mean what it says in Thailand?  14 day quarantine involved 15 nights, now it looks like 'exempted from quarantine' means 1 day quarantine!

'Visitors from at least 10 countries including the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States will be exempted from quarantine on arrival, Prayuth said in a televised speech.'

https://aseannow.com/topic/1235090-thailand-to-end-quarantine-for-some-vaccinated-visitors-from-nov-pm/

Yes, I could have waited for the details before booking but flight prices have already started rising on the back of the announcement that quarantine is ending.

Edited by KhaoYai

The PCR test on arrival just ruined it for everyone. Nobody is coming here until its open. That means double vaxxed visitors pass thru immigration as usual and go and do whatever they want. Not wait one maybe two nights in a some hotel waiting for a covid result. Ain't happening. When will this govt ever realise open means open. No restrictions. Nobody in their right mind will fly out knowing they could catch covid on the flight over and end up in quarantine  or a Thai hospital for their 2 week holiday. Watch this play out and totally destroy what's left of the Thai economy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1