Health ministry unveils preliminary criteria for November 1 quarantine lifting

webfact

On 10/14/2021 at 1:14 PM, Cherrytreeview said:

Yes, the world has moved on.

Plenty of places that UK citizens can holiday without this arrival nonsense.

Feel free to get on with your life as a performing seal jumping through hoops for Thailand.

80 quid a night minimum hotel...more like 150 a night...outside of London

On 10/13/2021 at 9:31 PM, keith101 said:

Just because someone has been fully vaccinated does not mean they cannot catch and pass on the virus to others .

Got any other pearls of wisdom for us? Everyone knows this. Full vaccination, however, reduces the chance of this by something like 90%. So what, if anything, is your point? By your logic Thailand should remain closed forever.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

curious..If I were to fly to CNX with a layover in BKK would they let me test in CNX or BKK(layover-international arrival)....CNX being final dest---booking ASQ hotel?

Do they have a sealed transfer area in BKK for transit folks?

I think there is still no transit through BKK. International flights go to phuket first for about 1h layover.

Originally they were planning on charter connestion.

As to CM they still don't have any international flights.

Now it looks you need test in bangkok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2021 at 3:53 PM, David T Pike said:

They are not worried about that. They are worried about them filling up the hospitals and or not having funds to pay for it!

And arriving with insurance policies that likely will not pay up!

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Wrench is American language meaning spanner.

And humour (not humor) is supposed to be universal - but I suppose (guess) you didn't spot it? ????

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, internationalism said:

I think there is still no transit through BKK. International flights go to phuket first for about 1h layover.

Originally they were planning on charter connestion.

As to CM they still don't have any international flights.

Now it looks you need test in bangkok

Thanks--So IF I fly to Phuket(transit) with CNX as final dest I could "wait" there(layover) and test in CNX ASQ?

6 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

If the unvaccinated are so worried, then go get vaccinated. Stop putting the burden on tourists that are spending their hard earned monies and time to travel half way around the world to spend money in Thailand. 

So anyone in Thailand who wants a vaccination can get one right away? And the waiting interval between the first and second inoculations is negligible?

29 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So anyone in Thailand who wants a vaccination can get one right away? And the waiting interval between the first and second inoculations is negligible?

22 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Good to know

I'd let you in on how to decipher punctuation marks but I've been sworn to secrecy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Thanks--So IF I fly to Phuket(transit) with CNX as final dest I could "wait" there(layover) and test in CNX ASQ?

if there is phuket - cnx connection. I think there is not any. Commuters connect through BKK or possibly DMK.

If there is possibility of transit through HKT. I don't think there is one.

And matter of ASQ cost, might be very high, say $100.

Sandbox SHA+ on Phuket start from 400b, so 7 nights 2800b. Hotels 3-4* near beach from 4200b per week. That's for a double room. You can invite your wife, girlfriend for a week holiday.

• Like 1

Appears that they've seemed to have dug themselves a sizeable hole by not considering or addressing any such details or situations that will obviously arise. 

Come Nov 1, it ain't gonna be pretty. 

• Like 2

This is the state we want to live in from now on? As e everybody knows covid will never go away as every coronavirus lime influenza and hiv. Therefore the policy from now on will be on full surveillance from the state..guess what..their long awaited dream. They don't really care about citizen income, tourism or other <deleted>. The only important thing is to follow the global agenda of the World Economic Forum, a global communist government where you will own nothing and you will be happy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

if there is phuket - cnx connection. I think there is not any. Commuters connect through BKK or possibly DMK.

If there is possibility of transit through HKT. I don't think there is one.

And matter of ASQ cost, might be very high, say $100.

Sandbox SHA+ on Phuket start from 400b, so 7 nights 2800b. Hotels 3-4* near beach from 4200b per week. That's for a double room. You can invite your wife, girlfriend for a week holiday.

so seems im staying in BKK for at least a night...sigh

On 10/14/2021 at 12:03 PM, Bkk Brian said:

Dissent in the ranks again, this is not what Prayut said in his speech:

"All that visitors will need do is to show that they are COVID-free at their time of travel with an RT-PCR test undertaken before they leave their home country, and do a test in Thailand, after which they will be free to move around Thailand in the same way that any Thai citizen can do."

Glad you mention THAI CITIZENS: How will that work for them? The usual PCR test before boarding the plane to Thailand. But what happens when they have landed at Suvarnabhumi? PCR test or no PCR test? Just curious..

On 10/14/2021 at 6:03 PM, scorecard said:

PM says zero quarantine for double vaccinated, neg report at check-in, rapid test on arrival, result in 15-20 minutes then freedom to travel.

Anutin says PCR test on arrival and 1 night quarantine (but maybe that depends on what time your flight arrives at swampy), if test negative freedom to travel anywhere.

So once again it's not clear what the rule is?

Do I book one night at ASQ hotel, will that be done by the health ministry? 

Until it's all clear travelers can't make bookings for domestic travel after they arrive in LOS.

Again travelers unsure what they need to do / whether they want to travel at all.

Confusion is the standard. 

A couple of days ago there was a report that a new list of the 1 night approved hotels was coming soon.

• Haha 1

On 10/17/2021 at 10:47 AM, adexgh said:

This is the state we want to live in from now on? As e everybody knows covid will never go away as every coronavirus lime influenza and hiv. Therefore the policy from now on will be on full surveillance from the state..guess what..their long awaited dream. They don't really care about citizen income, tourism or other <deleted>. The only important thing is to follow the global agenda of the World Economic Forum, a global communist government where you will own nothing and you will be happy. 

There is so much fail in this conspiracy theory that I don't know where to start. 

2 hours ago, UTH001 said:

Glad you mention THAI CITIZENS: How will that work for them? The usual PCR test before boarding the plane to Thailand. But what happens when they have landed at Suvarnabhumi? PCR test or no PCR test? Just curious..

I suspect it will be the same for all arrivals - regardless of nationality. 

Just as it was during 2-week ASQ period. No one was granted exception....including Thais.