Driving license extensions for foreigners

Baz Erckens

I want/need to extend my driving license. I have all documents ready and went to DLT in JJ area, because they are the only ones with walk in service atm.

However, I got rejected, because the queue was already full for that day. They said maximum 40 persons per day and if I whish to get into the queue I need to be there pre 6am. ????

Anyone has any tips or recommendation if there is any agent that can help? Or is there no way around than getting up 5am in the morning to renew my driving license?

I doubt any agent can help as you personally have to do the tests they require (reaction, colour blindness etc).  Also you have to have your photo taken.  Just man up and get to the DLT early.  Remember to go with a medical certificate.

I renewed mine a couple of months ago and got a license valid for five and a half years.  Validity is tied to your birthday now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lujanit said:

I doubt any agent can help as you personally have to do the tests they require (reaction, colour blindness etc).  Also you have to have your photo taken.  Just man up and get to the DLT early.  Remember to go with a medical certificate.

I renewed mine a couple of months ago and got a license valid for five and a half years.  Validity is tied to your birthday now.

Yep go early as wisely advised and get a 5 year jobby. It's beautiful early in the morning ... so embrace the force present in the dawn Luke lol ????. Problem solved.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Foek said:

you don't need medical for extension

It maybe your local DLT.  Every time I have renewed my license I have had to have a medical certificate.  Easy to get, cost between 100 and 150 baht.

• Thanks 1