Tv Friday Nights Out

bazmlb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have my passport and ticket - one hour 'til the driver comes - 5 hours and I'll be wheels-up.

So looks like I'll be meeting several of you on Wednesday - Caddy Shack around seven

Wife and kids should also be there, but they're often scattered all over the area - natter-natter-nattering.

I have my passport and ticket - one hour 'til the driver comes - 5 hours and I'll be wheels-up.

So looks like I'll be meeting several of you on Wednesday - Caddy Shack around seven

Wife and kids should also be there, but they're often scattered all over the area - natter-natter-nattering.

Just come in from the Lion Pub...lookin forward to meeting you and the wife with my wife Wednesday.

Begsaresponse and mamanoodle

Ha! First one to post after last night's party

Great night we had and it was a pleasure meeting Humphrey Bear (thanks for the food and drinks!) and Hallmonkey with their families finally in person.

Note to the mods: All pictures of last night posted of me and Mrs. raro later by other board members are authorized! :o

Humphrey Bear .... thank you for your hospitality last night we had a great time. Hope your lad is feeling better. Great meeting hullmonkey1 and his wife hope you guys have a safe journey today.

Also raro and the Mrs have a great 2 weeks.have a safe journey, see you when you get back.

Now to business...we meet at Tropical Bert's 7 pm, Friday night. Yes thats tomorrow night... :o lol.

begsaresponse

Humphrey Bear .... thank you for your hospitality last night we had a great time. Hope your lad is feeling better. Great meeting hullmonkey1 and his wife hope you guys have a safe journey today.

Also raro and the Mrs have a great 2 weeks.have a safe journey, see you when you get back.

Now to business...we meet at Tropical Bert's 7 pm, Friday night. Yes thats tomorrow night... :o lol.

begsaresponse

Yes, it was a pleasure meeting Humphrey Bear, I had a wonderful time, and dido on meeting Hullmonkey and the Mrs. Raro have a great trip and see you all friday at Berts.

Barry

We must add our thanks to Humphrey Bear for last nite. Good to meet you and your family. Also the Hullmonkey now has a face. Good meeting you and your lady and hope to see the bear and monkey families again.

We also enjoyed the Caddy Shack and will add it to our growing list of places to imbibe in that area.

Rockit is a bit hung over, but will appear soon.

Is it Friday so soon? No that is tomorrow, well that is soon.

See all of you at TB's on Friday.

kdf + she who runs with scissors

Also thanks for the ride home, Hullster and lady.

Well, thanks to all who turned up.

I thought the evening would get screwed - first I fell flat on my face at lunchtime (before the first pint) and scraped a few bits of surplus flesh off my knees, then went round to see Keith in Caddy Shack and arrange the evenings nibbles. He told me that the golf meeting had been re-arranged for that evening! But hoped to get it out of the way early.

So I was waiting for the third disaster - no food? - no people? - no beer (ery unlikely) - whatever. I did remember that our fifth wedding anniversary was around this time and my wife confirmed it was on the 10th - showed me the date in Thai - very helpful.

Anyway, we arranged all the tables on the raised part of the dining area and in walked a part that must surely belong to TV - doddery old far with dolly wife and several relatives. They occupy half our space - I introduce myself and get a chorus of 'Duh?'

Anyway, it's business for Keith so I don't turf them out.

Few minutes later in walks Raro and Mrs, followed by double trouble (sorry, kdf and s.h.r.w.s.) So the chatter starts and then we're joined by all the others - good snacks from Keith (hope there was enough - my daughter was hungry) and good company from everyone.

Good to meet you all - I can now ut faces to names in one small part of this web-site.

Now for the rest of the vacation - family to Krung Thep for a couple of days sight-seeing, operation for cateracts, other ways of enjoying myself. Luckily the kids are on holiday for my vacation so we can get out and about.

It was gud to see Rdrokit.

He was excited and checked a map to find us.

post-26314-1192103251_thumb.jpg

As usual he had one for the trip to the pissup.

post-26314-1192102102_thumb.jpg

Where he found his friends.

post-26314-1192102166_thumb.jpg

post-26314-1192102217_thumb.jpg

post-26314-1192102251_thumb.jpg

He got emotional.

post-26314-1192102314_thumb.jpg

Then, of course, he did what comes natural.

post-26314-1192102385_thumb.jpg

post-26314-1192102433_thumb.jpg

post-26314-1192102686_thumb.jpg

Yum ribs!

post-26314-1192102502_thumb.jpg

Maybe twice your body weight is too much. (It is I have tried)

post-26314-1192102596_thumb.jpg

post-26314-1192102686_thumb.jpg

post-26314-1192102722_thumb.jpg

The end.

post-26314-1192102829_thumb.jpg

Ps This is what I looked like after trying to find a way to get these pics in this post.

post-26314-1192102851_thumb.jpg

Your friends in Pattaya.

It is becoming a Saturday afternoon ritual to come to this site to find out what I did and where I was on Friday eve.

Good company and eats at Tropical Berts. Excellent single malt and WAY TOO LOUD music (it was pretty good stuff though) at the Clansman.

A quieter time and wheat beer at the Hopf microbrewery and well and other stuff. Did I get it right?

kdf

It is becoming a Saturday afternoon ritual to come to this site to find out what I did and where I was on Friday eve.

Good company and eats at Tropical Berts. Excellent single malt and WAY TOO LOUD music (it was pretty good stuff though) at the Clansman.

A quieter time and wheat beer at the Hopf microbrewery and well and other stuff. Did I get it right?

kdf

I would say that was a resonable recollection! :o

begs

Just because I am not there this doesn't mean I am not watching!

Just arrived in Brussels and worn out to say the least....

A few excellent Belgian beers will soon revive you!

And chips with mayonnaise - much better than ketchup.

Fries with sauce andalouse and a frikandel (actually a Mexicano, prettty much the same, just even more fatty).....washed down with a Super Bock dark......first thing after checking in. Trust me!

:o

Just because I am not there this doesn't mean I am not watching!

Just arrived in Brussels and worn out to say the least....

A few excellent Belgian beers will soon revive you!

And chips with mayonnaise - much better than ketchup.

Fries with sauce andalouse and a frikandel (actually a Mexicano, prettty much the same, just even more fatty).....washed down with a Super Bock dark......first thing after checking in. Trust me!

:o

You guys are making me hungry.

Barry

Another Friday approaches. They keep doing that. Thank God.

Where shall we meet? We both like TB and would start there again. However, we also like a change.

How about the Hopf microbrewery near soi 13, beach rd? Good wheat beer and many like the lager. They also have bottled beers. Decent wood oven pizza around 170 baht for Margherita. Small sandwiches, more a snack than a meal, with ++ ingredients around 90 baht. They use true Parmesan Reggiano and the prosciutto sandwiches are tasty, but tiny. She who runs with scissors had some enormous plate of ham on the bone that she describes as the size of MT Olympus, don't remember the price but leftovers were plentiful.

They have a guy described as the opera singer, very good voice and he even does some Dean Martin. He is worth hearing and does a set at 8:45 or so. They have a decent Thai cover band. When the band is not on there are videos on TV's scattered about, last time it was Mr. Bean. Also the pizza flippers are worth a moment or two's entertainment.

Hopf will cost more than Bert's, but probably less than Shenanigans. The food is MUCH better than Shenanigan's in my opinion.

Since Friday nights are starting to get busy, it would be best that I call them if we plan to go.

Opinions? Suggestions?

kdf + she who runs with scissors

Now that would be a PIZZA! Hmm, I have a blender.....

Assuming you want to know and are not just a funin' . It is a fairly plain pizza with sauce, a few cheeses, sometimes basil. Must be made with high quality cheese or is way too boring.

Went looking at a few cars yesterday, I will pm you for more suggestions when I know more.

kdf