Thirty eight countries in the frame for non-quarantine access to Thailand, Thai media

webfact

6 hours ago, mikebell said:

They've just announced the biggest daily numbers; have a poor vaccine take-up (probably because the vaccine ranks lower than the Chinese stuff?).  The Kremlin has, today, freed up air travel to all its millionaires.

By the same token, the USA has even lower quality vaccines considering how many infections/death they still have.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RafPinto said:

Really?

Putin calls for faster vaccination as Russia's COVID-19 death toll hits new daily record

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/russia-covid-19-daily-death-record-2238256

Difference is quite simple.

I jab myself so i could fly to Phuket.

U jab urself so u could go to KFC 

4 hours ago, dsj said:

I can't see why Canada is not on the list, it has already double vaccinated 82% of the population and low death rates, and most of the deaths are from the unvaccinated people. Canada is way ahead of USA and the UK.

The Thais probably think that Canada is part of the USA. A niece of mine, a school teacher, told me that New York is on the west coast. Another Thai told me that London is in the USA. They get confused. As for Australia missing, they might be confusing it with Austria. Who knows? Who really knows what is on their mind? And tomorrow it will change anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, James105 said:

Non-Quarantine = Get off plane, go wherever I want.

Quarantine = Get off plane, forced into mandatory quarantine hotel, not allowed to leave until test is negative. 

It is not quarantine free access unless they have dropped the test on arrival requirement.   It is possible I missed this announcement.   Have they dropped this?  

Very misleading and an outright lie. Still quarantine

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Thais cannot see the "forest" for the "trees"...perhaps "money trees".......is why u never see many thais wear glasses compared to other asians.....they seem to be "shortsighted" in all aspects of life....

Disgusting racism. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Does this mean people coming from these countries or people with nationality of these countries?

20 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The Thais probably think that Canada is part of the USA. A niece of mine, a school teacher, told me that New York is on the west coast. Another Thai told me that London is in the USA. They get confused. As for Australia missing, they might be confusing it with Austria. Who knows? Who really knows what is on their mind? And tomorrow it will change anyway.

Thais' geographical knowledge of America is much better than american's knowledge of Asia. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And the UK is still not low risk with 40,000 new daily infections in a country , England, that has stopped taking any precautions.

Economic value? What does that mean?

No places of entertainment open for them to spend money so only the large hotels and resorts will benefit, many not owned by Thais or owned  by super rich Thais.

It is still the vaccinated foreigners entering Thailand who are at risk from unvaccinated Thais. Get all your people vaccinated Mr Prime Minister.

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Many Thais are ignorant about the outside world simply because they are uneducated and ignorant. Different circumstances.

That too though is understandable, when they are taught from birth that Thailand is the best place on Earth so why have any interest in what is beyond the borders - unless it's ko-pop of course.

This speaks volumes about the Thais you hang out with. 

As a matter of interest, do you have any Thai relatives? 

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Finland also, overlooked.

But: the original article in dailynews reads different.

Not like 1)+2)+3) = 38

The Nordic countries are grouped as lowest risk countries.

The USA is mentioned explicitely as "critical" with still high infection rates.

France is pointed out as EU country with the highest infection rate (?).

So this 38 countries is for consideration and might well shrink to my opinion.

Still no idea what happened to Singapore?

France has an infection rate of less than 5,000 daily and 85% of population vaxxed. I'm due my booster next month too.

Compare that with the UK which has similar population to France and indeed Thailand.  Good vaccination rate in UK but all precautions have been dropped in England whilst the daily infection rate is 40,000 with many more hospitalisations and deaths than France now.

If Thailand must use statistics they should get them right.

9 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

As I was just mentioning a few days ago before my post was locked. Covid insurance will still be required for all those already vaccinated. C.O.E. = Thailand Pass new name same games. Anyone who believed the PM a few days ago is a fool.

Covid insurance is a scam, dreamt up to feed an industry lobby the same as ASQ was and is a scam, dreamt up to feed the hotel lobby.

However, in a digital age, it is not beyond the realms of technology to have a country insist on any visitor having general medical insurance for worthwhile amounts (say $10m) instead of some meaningless $100k number.

However, in the long term, I see this as all falling on the airlines and outbound immigration. They already check your passport, visa, entry rules, etc. so adding a covidbollocks jab requirement or some other <deleted> to that list is a marginal addition. Insurance companies would (quite simply) agree to meet an international standard for minimum medical care coverage.

However, the notion that Thailand could manage 40m applications via their embassies is beyond comprehension. Neither could Somchai at immigration as they already stamp their lovely meaningless pieces of paper and waste your time. Add a further burden to that and they would go absent in even greater numbers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:

And the UK is still not low risk with 40,000 new daily infections in a country , England, that has stopped taking any precautions.

Economic value? What does that mean?

No places of entertainment open for them to spend money so only the large hotels and resorts will benefit, many not owned by Thais or owned  by super rich Thais.

It is still the vaccinated foreigners entering Thailand who are at risk from unvaccinated Thais. Get all your people vaccinated Mr Prime Minister.

In UK they took wrong of the tests in southapton..43.000 cases what they said was negative is positive.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Just wondering how they intend to solve the latest idea of a 1-day quarantine an PCR test, if tourists REALLY arrive in large numbers... imagine all the hotels who will have to accommodate thousands of tourists for 1 night only with all the cleaning requirements that the current covid situation requires for them... If I would be a hotel owner, I would NOT accept such tourists, except when the government pays me 2-3 nights for each tourist who stays 1 night for covid-checks. AND we need a new website with all the hotels who offer that service, I am pretty sure that all ASQ or SHA hotels are interested in that business

From what I saw when I stayed in a hotel in the first years that I came here as a tourist, all the work and cleaning that the hotel does everyday in every room, is the same whether the same guest stays in the room, or a new one will arrive.

So....

20 minutes ago, SGD said:

Covid insurance is a scam, dreamt up to feed an industry lobby the same as ASQ was and is a scam, dreamt up to feed the hotel lobby.

However, in a digital age, it is not beyond the realms of technology to have a country insist on any visitor having general medical insurance for worthwhile amounts (say $10m) instead of some meaningless $100k number.

However, in the long term, I see this as all falling on the airlines and outbound immigration. They already check your passport, visa, entry rules, etc. so adding a covidbollocks jab requirement or some other <deleted> to that list is a marginal addition. Insurance companies would (quite simply) agree to meet an international standard for minimum medical care coverage.

However, the notion that Thailand could manage 40m applications via their embassies is beyond comprehension. Neither could Somchai at immigration as they already stamp their lovely meaningless pieces of paper and waste your time. Add a further burden to that and they would go absent in even greater numbers.

Covidbollocks????  Clearly nobody in YOUR family has died of Covid

So Mr Freedumb, take your meds and go back to your room

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Just wondering how they intend to solve the latest idea of a 1-day quarantine an PCR test, if tourists REALLY arrive in large numbers... imagine all the hotels who will have to accommodate thousands of tourists for 1 night only with all the cleaning requirements that the current covid situation requires for them... If I would be a hotel owner, I would NOT accept such tourists, except when the government pays me 2-3 nights for each tourist who stays 1 night for covid-checks. AND we need a new website with all the hotels who offer that service, I am pretty sure that all ASQ or SHA hotels are interested in that business

Not to worry, there will not be huge numbers of tourists coming in. For months now, Mexico and Colombia have consistently asked for a declaration on arrival, and nothing more. Peru, Brazil : only one PCR test before arriving. That's a lot easier and, importantly, consistent - a major change to those rules is very unlikely. As opposed to the constant change of foot characteristic of the Thai authorities.

It's the same flying costs going to Mexico or South America as going to Thailand, coming from Europe, give or take 100-200 EUR - insignificant if it is for a few weeks visit. And probably cheaper for North Americans too. Nice beaches, nice weather, booze no problem, cheap local costs etc.

Thailand has some serious competition here. But it is known for totally ignoring reality.

I wonder if the latest news from UK will exclude the UK?

1. NHS Test and Trace has suspended Covid testing provided by a private laboratory in Wolverhampton amid fears up to 43,000 people were given the wrong result
  2. Earlier, a mass testing site in Berkshire asked people who recently got a negative result to book another test
  3. It comes after reports that some people received negative PCR tests after testing positive using lateral flow devices
  4. But health officials say the problem is "an isolated incident attributed to one laboratory" and that they are investigating the cause
  5. Separately, travellers returning to England will be able to take cheaper lateral flow tests from 24 October
  6. Along with other changes to travel rules, Airlines UK says the move is a "major step forward"
  7. Vaccinated Australian travellers and their parents will be able to visit Sydney from November without quarantining

6 hours ago, lujanit said:

What about Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia?  As I said NSW (and Victoria) are not Australia.  Western Australia and Queensland are pretty anal about letting people in.

well thats up to there own states.

Im from Victoria and have no interested in WA or QLD. They are only play politics with border policies.