Thirty eight countries in the frame for non-quarantine access to Thailand, Thai media

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media Daily News reported that the CCSA were considering grouping countries according to economic value and vaccine coverage as a means to deciding which ones' nationals will be allowed to come to Thailand without having to quarantine from November 1st.

Open up to the entire world, double vaxxed, PCR 72 hours before arriving.

No quarantine no SHA sh#t no nothing.

Ohhh and open up Thailand ie nothing closed.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Comrade said:

No, it's because most Russians are just not scared. Maybe it's hard to understand for Westerners because it looks like you are talking about covid 24/7. But I see in Russia covid hype is gone already and people just live their lives. I guess we never reach even 50% of vaccination with any vaccines. If only Putin forces us ????

So bye bye Amazing Thailand ????

Really?

Putin calls for faster vaccination as Russia's COVID-19 death toll hits new daily record

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/world/russia-covid-19-daily-death-record-2238256

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

As I was just mentioning a few days ago before my post was locked. Covid insurance will still be required for all those already vaccinated. C.O.E. = Thailand Pass new name same games. Anyone who believed the PM a few days ago is a fool.

How about those people who stay here, are vaccinated, Covid-free but would like to travel abroad ? They might have preconditions that would deny insurance companies insure them for this Covid 100K Insurance, thus they are unable to return ? Preconditions have been made a criteria for prioritizing vaccinations.

6 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Just wondering how they intend to solve the latest idea of a 1-day quarantine an PCR test, if tourists REALLY arrive in large numbers... imagine all the hotels who will have to accommodate thousands of tourists for 1 night only with all the cleaning requirements that the current covid situation requires for them...

The only ones booking 1-day stays would be expats and others who have a permanent accommodation in Thailand already. Actual tourists would probably book at least a few days as it's a hassle to move around hotels, and they'll likely pick a hotel they're already happy with if most hotels are SHA+ (and they will have to be if they want to survive). I think this is a non-issue, but even if they were to get a large number of 1-night stays - that's still better than rooms sitting empty. And it could easily be accounted for by increasing nightly prices and giving discounts for longer stays.

Also don't forget that those guests who book 1 night wouldn't even sleep in the room - they'll check out immediately after the negative result, allowing the hotel plenty of time to prepare the room for next day.

• Like 1

Just wondering how they intend to solve the latest idea of a 1-day quarantine an PCR test, if tourists REALLY arrive in large numbers... imagine all the hotels who will have to accommodate thousands of tourists for 1 night only with all the cleaning requirements that the current covid situation requires for them... If I would be a hotel owner, I would NOT accept such tourists, except when the government pays me 2-3 nights for each tourist who stays 1 night for covid-checks. AND we need a new website with all the hotels who offer that service, I am pretty sure that all ASQ or SHA hotels are interested in that business

Unfortunately the hotel boss is more desperate than the government officials who have collected thier salaries and more during the crises

33 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Really?

Putin calls for faster vaccination as Russia's COVID-19 death toll hits new daily record

I see no contradiction here. Putin calls. People don't listen ???? They have many other problems in their daily lives

Edited by Comrade
  • Like 2

Just wondering how they intend to solve the latest idea of a 1-day quarantine an PCR test, if tourists REALLY arrive in large numbers... imagine all the hotels who will have to accommodate thousands of tourists for 1 night only with all the cleaning requirements that the current covid situation requires for them... If I would be a hotel owner, I would NOT accept such tourists, except when the government pays me 2-3 nights for each tourist who stays 1 night for covid-checks. AND we need a new website with all the hotels who offer that service, I am pretty sure that all ASQ or SHA hotels are interested in that business

Well said 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moogradod said:

How about those people who stay here, are vaccinated, Covid-free but would like to travel abroad ? They might have preconditions that would deny insurance companies insure them for this Covid 100K Insurance, thus they are unable to return ? Preconditions have been made a criteria for prioritizing vaccinations.

Fully vaccinated visitors ONLY can freely move around in Hua Hin and Cha Am? 

So dummies they are that they not even count Denmark, Finland and Sweden into the EU list as they ALSO are EU members!

They 1 night locked up in a room, looks like a criminal arrived and have to check if can release or keep him locked up.

I real army ruled country Thailand is today. 

Mass tourism will never ever return on this rule. NO HIGH OR EVEN MIDDLE SEASON THIS YEAR!!!!!

7 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Great point????

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

The only ones booking 1-day stays would be expats and others who have a permanent accommodation in Thailand already. Actual tourists would probably book at least a few days as it's a hassle to move around hotels.

Disagree, I always book a 1-day stay in a 3-4 star hotel on the first night only as I can easily find a better deal in person right after. Basically as reception is often helpful, starting off in a central A location etc.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

3 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Where's the freebees? 

2 bottles of water, 2 instant coffee and earl grey tea are included, you will pay that back by taking 1 can of coke out the minibar for 80B after you left the restaurant too late and 7/11 closed for curfew.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

8 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

Most tourists would be staying in hotels anyway and most hotels clean the rooms every day. How much extra cleaning do they need? Do you know?

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Finland also, overlooked.

But: the original article in dailynews reads different.

Not like 1)+2)+3) = 38

The Nordic countries are grouped as lowest risk countries.

The USA is mentioned explicitely as "critical" with still high infection rates.

France is pointed out as EU country with the highest infection rate (?).

So this 38 countries is for consideration and might well shrink to my opinion.

Still no idea what happened to Singapore?

Why don't they just list the 38 countries! Jeez. Why do they always have to complicate things in this country! Just list them in alphabetical order. Or, as the opening sentence says, according to economic value as that is obviously the most important factor to them.

• Like 1