Thirty eight countries in the frame for non-quarantine access to Thailand, Thai media

webfact

12 hours ago, node said:

Everyone speaks about entering LOS. What happens on exiting LOS after your vacation. You go do the 72, hours PCR test before flight, which I am 100% sure will triple in price here to do, another income grabber. As most Airlines and countries requires before you fly. You tested positive. Have to rebooked if that is possible, and the Thais will take you straight to some place till you test negative, your insurance will be at milked. I wonder how many will consider this before they rush out and book a flight to the land full of all the S's,  ( Sun : Sea : Sex : Sand & Smiles ). I am sure the Thais are aware of this that many will get infected there before leaving. Icing on the cake for the band of crooks. Not checking the new proposed ( Privilege to walk on the land 500 baht tax). 

So we land at Swampy, they get taken in a mob to a PCR test location.

How many Baht for the PCR test?

Further, studying the Thailand Pass, I can't see where the traveler inserts their flight date and time? 

Did anybody spot it? Or is it open as long as you arrive with an approved Thailand Pass (but with no flight details)?

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So we land at Swampy, they get taken in a mob to a PCR test location.

How many Baht for the PCR test?

Further, studying the Thailand Pass, I can't see where the traveler inserts their flight date and time? 

Did anybody spot it? Or is it open as long as you arrive with an approved Thailand Pass (but with no flight details)?

How do you access the Thailand pass still says COE for me. Thailand pass is an apt name as I will pass, just a COE with a name change

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/10/14/thailand-will-replace-coe-system-with-thailand-pass-application-for-international-air-travelers-from-november-1-2021/

Screenshot_20211017-103018_Chrome.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, node said:

Everyone speaks about entering LOS. What happens on exiting LOS after your vacation. You go do the 72, hours PCR test before flight, which I am 100% sure will triple in price here to do, another income grabber. As most Airlines and countries requires before you fly. You tested positive. Have to rebooked if that is possible, and the Thais will take you straight to some place till you test negative, your insurance will be at milked. I wonder how many will consider this before they rush out and book a flight to the land full of all the S's,  ( Sun : Sea : Sex : Sand & Smiles ). I am sure the Thais are aware of this that many will get infected there before leaving. Icing on the cake for the band of crooks. Not checking the new proposed ( Privilege to walk on the land 500 baht tax). 

Not sure the price will tripple. But this isn't different from what other countries are doing. I had to get tested in Portugal. 120€. If positive, I would have been screwed. This isn't limited to Thailand. Travel anywhere right now is difficult .

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Could be OZ, NZ and Canada weren't included because they are closed to Thais? But doesn't make sense.

Canada is not closed to Thai's as of September 7th, Canada has open it's borders to all fully vaccinated people with no quarantine or arrival PCR test,even to India. The only thing they have to do is the 72 hour test and upload their vaccine certificate to their app

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2021 at 3:11 AM, nkg said:

If Thailand are struggling to choose which countries to come, why not stage a FIFA-style draw to decide, with each country's name hidden inside a ball?

To make it even more exciting, book your flight and hotel before the draw ????

Penalty shoot out?........oh no......the UK would never make it!

22 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Not sure the price will tripple. But this isn't different from what other countries are doing. I had to get tested in Portugal. 120€. If positive, I would have been screwed. This isn't limited to Thailand. Travel anywhere right now is difficult .

Quite a deterrent for people who used to shop for sub 1000€ trips to the sunshine. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Quite a deterrent for people who used to shop for sub 1000€ trips to the sunshine. 

We just spent 4 months traveling around. Started in the US where we got our jabs and then planned to cruise around the Caribbean. Nope. Several islands started implementing restrictions, so went to Greece. 4 days after we landed, restrictions were implemented. Went to Switzerland where restrictions were also being implemented. Ended up in Portugal. One of the most vaccinated countries. No problems at all.

It was a very frustrating and expensive trip.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 3:44 AM, Jeffr2 said:

We just spent 4 months traveling around. Started in the US where we got our jabs and then planned to cruise around the Caribbean. Nope. Several islands started implementing restrictions, so went to Greece. 4 days after we landed, restrictions were implemented. Went to Switzerland where restrictions were also being implemented. Ended up in Portugal. One of the most vaccinated countries. No problems at all.

It was a very frustrating and expensive trip.

And masks & distancing is still in place in Portugal. Nobody complains about wearing one.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 5:15 PM, natway09 said:

UK 40,000 daily infections, NZ 70 & not on the list ?

If you're doubled jabbed and pass the required PCR tests, then it doesn't matter what your home country daily infections are. But don't fret, you can have my place, because I'm not flying to LOS, despite being doubled jabbed. Not until these hurdles are totally removed.

Edited by Senior Player
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Letseng said:

Russia with the world's highest infection rate and a 30% Sputnik vax rate? Are you serious?

People seems to like bash Russia for some reasons but id like to point something.

what is a difference if a person from Russia(33k cases), UK(48k cases) or US(122k cases)? U aint gettin on that plane unless u jabbed. At least in Russia. And Thailand specifically noted that they gonna let anyone in a country if person is double jabbed.

UK and US are getting more infections per 100000 than russia. Times more.

But somehow some weasel askin other poster "if he serious" considering Russia.

Are u serious, mate?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Letseng said:

And masks & distancing is still in place in Portugal. Nobody complains about wearing one.

They didn't make this political. That's why they are doing so well.

3 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

People seems to like bash Russia for some reasons but id like to point something.

what is a difference if a person from Russia(33k cases), UK(48k cases) or US(122k cases)? U aint gettin on that plane unless u jabbed. At least in Russia. And Thailand specifically noted that they gonna let anyone in a country if person is double jabbed.

UK and US are getting more infections per 100000 than russia. Times more.

Are u serious, mate?

Russia's numbers are far from accurate.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

Are u serious, mate?

They are Ignorant -

And because they share the same name as a Chinese fish -

Ah Sole

• Like 1