Thirty eight countries in the frame for non-quarantine access to Thailand, Thai media

webfact

Don't worry about this list of countries. Thailand is a developing country, and that means its brains are still developing.

Soon the list will change, because, someone in the Thai government will actually get a list of the countries in the

world and a few more countries will be added to this newest list.   Developing ( think 3rd world) countries still

have lots to learn, and that includes Thailand.  This opening of the country is still in its infancy, so let this

wonderful government have time to get things right.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lujanit said:

I doubt any Ozzies would come anyway.  They have to go through an expensive 14 day quarantine upon returning to Australia.

That was the case a couple of weeks ago. Now it's 7 day home quarantine with monitoring.

7 hours ago, paul1804 said:

New Zealand, one of the lowest Covid infected countries not on the list or did I miss it?? Also Australia, the 3rd largest visitor country to Koh Samui!!

They can't travel buddy.

Sincerely

MORRIS 

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No drink! No clubbing! No wine with meal No Go Gos no bars No pubs! Curfew! Welcome to Riyadh.

Hilarious, 6 years working in Saudi Arabia is still the best nightlife I ever had...nothing beat Sidiki

...the 'new' Thailand will be the same behind closed doors ????

17 hours ago, dsj said:

I can't see why Canada is not on the list, it has already double vaccinated 82% of the population and low death rates, and most of the deaths are from the unvaccinated people. Canada is way ahead of USA and the UK.

People forget you are there..... make more noise despite the neighbours.

9 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

why not!

West is accepting jabbed indians. what stops thais from doing so?

The conditions being used for entry are

- double vax

- testing before departure

- testing upon arrival

High risk country?

Low vax rate for eg

12 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

High risk country?

Low vax rate for eg

If the pax are double jabbed, tested prior to departure and upon arrival, The risk profile of those travellers would be at par if not in close range with any other nations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

If the pax are double jabbed, tested prior to departure and upon arrival, The risk profile of those travellers would be at par if not in close range with any other nations. 

Thai rules are rules - not safe countries to the back of the queue

I suspect that these rules will not be applied

But in any event your opinion is not important

17 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Thai rules are rules - not safe countries to the back of the queue

I suspect that these rules will not be applied

But in any event your opinion is not important

Thats right, your opinion is not important.

Factors that decide would be highest economic impact, at lowest risk.

For economic impact, per capita expenditure and potential head count are critical.

Risk profile of travellers are vital, less so with the national spread of inoculation rates.

1 hour ago, mjakob007 said:

Thats right, your opinion is not important.

Factors that decide would be highest economic impact, at lowest risk.

For economic impact, per capita expenditure and potential head count are critical.

Risk profile of travellers are vital, less so with the national spread of inoculation rates.

I did not pass an opinion, I am not important living here in Thailand. 

Not so vain.

16 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

True. Even more what I see is the test not being processed in time whether it's Thai laziness, understaffing or outright scam.

Then you must book another night at a non negotiation rate.

I certainly wouldn't except them to have this test on arrival/24 hr wait procedure and the presumed glitches to come together in a working fashion at least for another couple of months. It's just the manner in which they initially organize things.

1 hour ago, node said:

Everyone speaks about entering LOS. What happens on exiting LOS after your vacation. You go do the 72, hours PCR test before flight, which I am 100% sure will triple in price here to do, another income grabber. As most Airlines and countries requires before you fly. You tested positive. Have to rebooked if that is possible, and the Thais will take you straight to some place till you test negative, your insurance will be at milked. I wonder how many will consider this before they rush out and book a flight to the land full of all the S's,  ( Sun : Sea : Sex : Sand & Smiles ). I am sure the Thais are aware of this that many will get infected there before leaving. Icing on the cake for the band of crooks. Not checking the new proposed ( Privilege to walk on the land 500 baht tax). 

Sure. that's what it's about. Some circles have to make a profit - in one form or another - on the charade. 

On 10/15/2021 at 7:38 AM, dsj said:

I can't see why Canada is not on the list, it has already double vaccinated 82% of the population and low death rates, and most of the deaths are from the unvaccinated people. Canada is way ahead of USA and the UK.

It's not about vaccination , many of the countries on the list aren't the in the top vaccinated list .

It's not about amount of cases in the countries , many of the countries on the list do not have low numbers .

It's about money and most travellers to Thailand, together with some unknown other thing ( i'd say prob some political pressure from 1 of the members , might be from Thai side or from country on the list side , idk )  .

Canada is not the country which have many people visiting Thailand , most Thais prob doesn't even know it is a country . You are not alone in this case , many other countries face the same issue . I'd say , relax , keep on reading the news , and you never know what rule and what country they take out of their sleeve . Might be there tomorrow or not , or next month or not , might be there now and gone by tomorrow .... nobody knows .

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, CamaroZL1 said:

Strange to see Australia not on the list

Wasn't it because some mate of a Thai official was miffed by the way he was treated Downunder?

Or perhaps China is tugging on the buffalo's rope.