Russell Crowe visits Thailand sparking joy; thoughtful reflections from Thai netizens

webfact

tr.jpg

By Natcha Patanasophon

Hollywood actor and aspiring rock star Russell Crowe is making waves on Thai social media as the first major celebrity to visit the country after two years of pandemic blues.

Crowe, who is in town to shoot The Greatest Beer Run Ever, a Vietnam War Movie, has been traveling through Thailand and posting pictures on his official Twitter Page.

The phrase “Welcome to Thailand” went viral on Wednesday morning as Thais eagerly welcomed the celebrity actor and his exploits. Some also used the opportunity to critique the country following some funny posts from the celebrity.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/33983/russell-crowe-visits-thailand-sparking-joy-thoughtful-reflections-from-thai-netizens/

ti.jpg

1 minute ago, webfact said:

Some also used the opportunity to critique the country following some funny posts from the celebrity.

Criticising the country ?   I imagine lawsuits are  being looked at, considered and mulled over.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

That's gonna be difficult with every bar closed...

I guess he could be filmed doing a "trolley run" in a supermarket between 11am-2pm.

Or popping into a 7-11 and purchasing a carry-out to enjoy back in his hotel room.

A "Beer run" is going somewhere to get beer (duh), usually not just for yourself. Not going to a bar or tavern in my west coast USA experience. Common beer run when I was student at Oregon ('68-'72) was guys driving down to N California (several hrs each way) to get cases of Coors beer. US beer was pretty much <deleted> back then. I preferred wine and pot..

Beer runs can also just going to local supermarket to load up a few cases when beer runs out at a party.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Berkshire said:

I like Russell Crowe as an actor.  He was great in Gladiator, LA Confidential, Insider, Beautiful Mind....and countless other movies.

But man, the dude has not aged gracefully.

depends on the film.  He blew himself up for his last movie.  EXTREMELY fat for the role of an everyday man that just snapped in Unhinged.

sure he's taking a slow weight loss regiment to do a few everyman movies.  If G2 is in works, I'm sure he'll put in the work.

• Thanks 1

Actor Russell Crowe promotes ‘Phuket Sandbox’, Bangkok’s electrical wiring

000_1HT4UR.jpg

Photo by Angela Weiss / AFP

Hollywood actor Russell Crowe has been in Thailand to shoot a Vietnam War era movie called “The Greatest Beer Run Ever” and is now posting pictures on the streets of Bangkok after entering the Kingdom through the “Phuket Sandbox” scheme.

The New Zealander told of his experience during the 14-day quarantine, explaining to his followers that, if they are fully vaccinated, they can fly to Phuket to roam the islands freely and added that Thais are friendly and the food is amazing. He also encouraged others to travel to Thailand now that there is a firm date for the reopening of borders.

The 57-year-old star of “Gladiator” also posted pictures of himself all over Bangkok with the famous Tuk-Tuks, Chinese shrines and Kanlayanamit Temple in his selfies.

Planning to visit Phuket? Book your Sandbox hotel here

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/actor-russell-crowe-promotes-phuket-sandbox-bangkoks-electrical-wiring/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1