฿200 m fee for appearances of world-class artists Lisa, Bocelli at New Year for worth spending – ATTA

webfact

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I rest my case  total and utter sheite, will you be whistling this in the  supermarket its  TRIPE  Rolling  Stone wouldnt know a decent song if it  slapped them round the face with a wet  haddock 

If this is their idea of the best it shows how krap music  has become

Oh mate is it that hard to understand that your old. Just like me we have different tastes. I am sure your dad did not like the music you were listening too. That will never change and by ranting about it your only showing your age. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

"million tourists spending". As For Lalisa, are 14 year olds the target demographic for Thai tourism?

If 14 yr olds were for sale I'd say they'd be the target for a few million Farang male pervert tourists yes. After all isn't Thailand internationally known as the world's sex capitol? 

Lisa is a very pretty girl but I for one would never go anywhere to listen to her and I doubt many others would. Youngsters might be fans but they do not have money to travel or for tickets and their parents struggling against repayments of personal debt of a staggering 94% of GDP are unlikely to be sympathetic. As for Bocelli - a wonderful singer mostly now fully booked as Google will tell you until Juneb2023. Go figure!

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

Exactly its  talentless  drivel

IMO the songs are nothing special but doing complex routine dancing in high heels does require talent. It's not about the songs anyway, IMO, but the sex appeal. According to a documentary I saw many years ago it started in Japan to cater to computer geeks that couldn't get a girlfriend. Back then, they were more intimate affairs and the audience was a lot smaller and sat quite close to the dancers.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is your opinion, however im not surprised. What old guy ever says anything good of songs that are not from his time. I mean my dad had the same with songs i liked. So i won't take your word for it and accept the word of a magazine that does know what its talking about. 

Old farang VS the rolling stones magazine    wonder who are more knowledgeable about music.

I like K pop/ J pop, but not for the songs, which IMO is what it's all about. If the songs were important, they could be sung by one singer, instead of by large groups of drop dead gorgeous, nubile, young girls doing complex routines in skimpy costumes.

Rolling Stone magazine? 5555555

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Just admit its krap and stop wasting your  timen age  is  irrelevant a  good  tune is a good  tune this is sheite, I mean  can you even hum it?

Why would i say that I like these songs, I don't. But that does not mean its bad. Just mean i got different taste. The fact that they have so many fans and are being selected by an important magazine like the rolling stones shows enough.

Let put it this way, should i trust a magazine famous in the music industry or an old farang like you ? 

I think the Beatles are <deleted>, but that does not mean they are. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why would i say that I like these songs, I don't. But that does not mean its bad. Just mean i got different taste. The fact that they have so many fans and are being selected by an important magazine like the rolling stones shows enough.

Let put it this way, should i trust a magazine famous in the music industry or an old farang like you ? 

I think the Beatles are <deleted>, but that does not mean they are. 

We agree on something. IMO the Beatles were <deleted> from Sgt Pepper on. A good example of why illegal drugs are bad for us.

The Rolling Stone mag is important? Not in my opinion. Time used to be important, if one needs an example of important.

17 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

Me too IF my wife allowed it. Not gonna happen but she is a beautiful girl!

As is Ariana Grande, who attracts massive audiences, but I don't know the name of a single song she sings. Like I said, it's all about sex appeal. If they weren't on music VDOs I doubt they'd be successful based on their singing alone.

41 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I rest my case  total and utter sheite, will you be whistling this in the  supermarket its  TRIPE  Rolling  Stone wouldnt know a decent song if it  slapped them round the face with a wet  haddock 

If this is their idea of the best it shows how krap music  has become

Listen to that with your eyes closed and then claim it's "good music", 55555555555555555555.

I can't even watch it anyway, because the length of time between cuts is about 1 second. Does my head in trying to watch anything that cuts so frequently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, robblok said:

Oh mate is it that hard to understand that your old. Just like me we have different tastes. I am sure your dad did not like the music you were listening too. That will never change and by ranting about it your only showing your age. 

Well, I liked the same music my dad did, so he did like my music. Connie Francis, Nancy and Frank Sinatra, Dino, Chuck Berry, Chubby Checker, Fats Waller, Acker Bilk, etc. All extremely talented, made great music that is still popular, and didn't need to rely on sex appeal for popularity.

• Like 1

Honestly... not a terrible idea. However, it is just not the right time with international travel still being very affected by multiple restrictions and the fact that less people are keen to fly international.

It is also a lot of money to offer. As she is Thai and must know how bad the situation here, she may want to step up and lower her fees significantly. It would increase her image even more and I'm sure she'll still manage to make plenty over her career.

I don't know her, but as I understand she is really popular indeed. If things are better mid of next year and she agrees to help by slashing her fees, it might work out fine but surely not with these imaginary numbers.

4 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Honestly... not a terrible idea. However, it is just not the right time with international travel still being very affected by multiple restrictions and the fact that less people are keen to fly international.

It is also a lot of money to offer. As she is Thai and must know how bad the situation here, she may want to step up and lower her fees significantly. It would increase her image even more and I'm sure she'll still manage to make plenty over her career.

I don't know her, but as I understand she is really popular indeed. If things are better mid of next year and she agrees to help by slashing her fees, it might work out fine but surely not with these imaginary numbers.

Nah. If she's honest with herself she'll know that her 15 minutes will be over soon enough, and she needs to make as much as possible while she is still bankable. Another, sexier, younger, more energetic singer/ dancer will be along in a while.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Well, I liked the same music my dad did, so he did like my music. Connie Francis, Nancy and Frank Sinatra, Dino, Chuck Berry, Chubby Checker, Fats Waller, Acker Bilk, etc. All extremely talented, made great music that is still popular, and didn't need to rely on sex appeal for popularity.

I thought Acker Bilk was very sexy, the way he blew that stick!   LOL

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't know which VDO you watched, but the one I watched improved soon as I turned the sound off. I defy anyone to say it isn't all about sex appeal after watching it.

LALISA

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nah. If she's honest with herself she'll know that her 15 minutes will be over soon enough, and she needs to make as much as possible while she is still bankable. Another, sexier, younger, more energetic singer/ dancer will be along in a while.

Possible, but by doing so she could increase her popularity and her celebrity's longevity. Time will tell. Again, I don't know her or the extent of how famous she is.