฿200 m fee for appearances of world-class artists Lisa, Bocelli at New Year for worth spending – ATTA

webfact

1 hour ago, cliveshep said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) are boasting about their re-opening celebration costing 600 million baht to be held on 1st November when LaLisa will perform - and also the world famous Italian tenor singer Andrea Bocelli. Only one problem - TAT are not being truthful.

Currently Andrea Bocelli's  tour schedule is in the USA with 2 concerts in Denver, Colorado, on 31st October and 2 on 3rd October in Seattle, Wa 1300 miles away. So he's free on the 1st and 2nd and will be so tired he'll want to relax and NOT come to Thailand, a flight of between 19  and 23 hours each way depending on route. If he did come he'd have to rush to Phuket, sing a song, and rush back to fly back. So clearly TAT have not looked at his schedule and are just plain lying as usual. But they'll need all those vaccine doses as the twin extravaganzas TAT have planned will inevitably lead to the next most devastating 4th wave ever!

Meanwhile Sr Bocelli is fully booked until end June 2023 but that's alright, maybe they can celebrate the end of the 4th and 5th waves then? Prayut wants everyone to "hold hands" he says and support the unity. I'll tell you now - I am not holding hands with anyone apart from my wife. Knowing just how clean some Thais are and conscious of their total lack of  effective infection control measures or social distancing my wife and I have alcohol sprays and we constantly spray anything touched by others - plastic wrappings, bags, money, supermarket goods.

We rationalise we need to do this as the Vaccination regime is still a total failure, even when we paid for Moderna on assurances it would arrive in October the Government couldn't even get that bit right in ordering for paying customers and it might not now arrive until the middle of next year! They are incompetent and virtually useless! The infection figures dipped although the death rate appears to be the same so presumably they cannot easily massage those figures but the infection figures are climbing again. 

Is the 4th wave now on it's way with this ill-advised re-opening? Not that double jabbed and screened visitors will bring it, rather hordes of unwashed and unvaccinated workers - Thai or Migrant - flocking to get work in Tourist venues.

It's no wonder the Government and it's Agencies are not trusted and the younger element demand reforms of Government and Monarchy - who can blame them?

another with totally false information, its really sad that we are 2 years into this pandemic and still people think that unvaccinated people are going to be the cause of the virus and the fact that you have linked them to being migrants from other countries and of course they are 'unwashed'

Why cant a vaccinated hi so official pass the virus on?

Just get on with things and stop worrying and analyzing pop singers schedules! and also whether they would be tired to travel or not!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I think the Beatles are <deleted>, but that does not mean they are. 

do you really think in 60  years ANYONE, anyone at  all  will be mentioning them or  remembering a  single word of their "music" unlike your mention of the Beatles 60 years  on

• Thanks 1

Mr. Phiphat told the Inside Thailand program on the 9 MCOT HD channel that he contacted the agencies of both singers to invite them to 2022 New Year countdown events and a 200-million-baht budget was expected to support the project.

The minister said he hoped Ms. Lalisa would join a countdown event on the Sarasin Bridge in Phuket and Mr. Bocelli would be in Bangkok, possibly on Sanam Luang ground that had the Temple of the Emerald Buddha as its elegant background.

Mr. Phiphat estimated both countdown events would cost about 500 million baht. He said he would ask the government to pay for the artists’ invitation and the private sector and other supporters would sponsor the countdown events. (TNA)

Thailand to invite Lisa Blackpink and Andrea Bocelli to New Year Countdown - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, cliveshep said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) are boasting about their re-opening celebration costing 600 million baht to be held on 1st November when LaLisa will perform - and also the world famous Italian tenor singer Andrea Bocelli. Only one problem - TAT are not being truthful.

Currently Andrea Bocelli's  tour schedule is in the USA with 2 concerts in Denver, Colorado, on 31st October and 2 on 3rd October in Seattle, Wa 1300 miles away. So he's free on the 1st and 2nd and will be so tired he'll want to relax and NOT come to Thailand, a flight of between 19  and 23 hours each way depending on route. If he did come he'd have to rush to Phuket, sing a song, and rush back to fly back. So clearly TAT have not looked at his schedule and are just plain lying as usual. But they'll need all those vaccine doses as the twin extravaganzas TAT have planned will inevitably lead to the next most devastating 4th wave ever!

Meanwhile Sr Bocelli is fully booked until end June 2023 but that's alright, maybe they can celebrate the end of the 4th and 5th waves then? Prayut wants everyone to "hold hands" he says and support the unity. I'll tell you now - I am not holding hands with anyone apart from my wife. Knowing just how clean some Thais are and conscious of their total lack of  effective infection control measures or social distancing my wife and I have alcohol sprays and we constantly spray anything touched by others - plastic wrappings, bags, money, supermarket goods.

We rationalise we need to do this as the Vaccination regime is still a total failure, even when we paid for Moderna on assurances it would arrive in October the Government couldn't even get that bit right in ordering for paying customers and it might not now arrive until the middle of next year! They are incompetent and virtually useless! The infection figures dipped although the death rate appears to be the same so presumably they cannot easily massage those figures but the infection figures are climbing again. 

Is the 4th wave now on it's way with this ill-advised re-opening? Not that double jabbed and screened visitors will bring it, rather hordes of unwashed and unvaccinated workers - Thai or Migrant - flocking to get work in Tourist venues.

It's no wonder the Government and it's Agencies are not trusted and the younger element demand reforms of Government and Monarchy - who can blame them?

Likely he would drop everything if he is really is getting 200M to appear. Almost any artist in the world would. If he has a free day...that's a years income for him in one day. Who needs rest? ????

• Haha 1

Blackpink want her out, jealous of her popularity and being the only non-Korean

They recently did a tour in France and said Lisa wasn't allowed to be included 'because of covid'. Fans are saying they don't want BP with no Lisa

Not sure how true this is, just what my 15-year old gf tells me

• Haha 2

I don’t know if some of you naysayers realize what a money machine this young lady is. People need a little relief from this COVID hysteria and this girl is wildly popular among all social classes. If it generates revenue, everybody benefits, even the little guy. Give it a rest!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Is she by any chance the daughter of a politician?

Better spend that money on buying food for your own people.

Maybe you should take the trouble to look her up before posting?  She is the stepdaughter of a world renowned, Thai based, Swiss chef.  He has brought her up since childhood, after her Thai father did what many of them do and abandoned the family.  You obviously don't have teenage or younger kids yourself, otherwise you would certainly know who she was and her family history.  I do and I'm an aging hippy who likes rock music.  Good on her, she's actually very talented, speaks 4 languages fluently, (how many do you speak?) and gives a lot of pleasure to the younger generation.  The money is small change for the pleasure she will bring to the many beleaguered kids in this country. 

• Like 1

As I always say.. it’s delusional to focus on what a country can do to attract tourist without considering the countries from whom prospective tourist will come from .. a lot of tourist who usually will gone to Thailand are now financially wiped out or are recovering financially. They just maybe willing but unable to come also because they will need quarantine when they return to their own country which will add to their cost. 

Suppose Lisa’s appearance attracts a million foreign tourists into Thailand and each of them spends an average of 75,000 baht, this will translate into 75 billion baht in foreign exchange,” 

Suppose that is the equivalent of supposing a star appears in the East - again!

18 hours ago, webfact said:

“Suppose Lisa’s appearance attracts a million foreign tourists into Thailand and each of them spends an average of 75,000 baht, this will translate into 75 billion baht in foreign exchange,” said Adit, adding that it is a very rare occasion that a Thai-born artist has shot to worldwide fame with just one music video reflecting the Thai identity

Yeah okay.

15 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

do you really think in 60  years ANYONE, anyone at  all  will be mentioning them or  remembering a  single word of their "music" unlike your mention of the Beatles 60 years  on

Does not change the fact that i absolutely hate their music and think its only suited for the old folk home. As i said before most music is loved by those who lived it. Once the people who were around when the beatles were popular die off their songs do too. 

You obviously missed the  point, but that is the problem with a lot of old farangs, they think the world revolves around them. Hate mobile phones most are just stuck in the past. Your a great example. Music changes every generation and in general the old (that is you and me) dont like the songs of the young. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, robblok said:

I think most older guys wont know her.

She is one of the famous K pop idols but she is Thai. One of the few K pop idols that is not Korean. 

I don't understand the need for such expensive artist to perform. But im sure some kickbacks and stuff will help the ones who organize it. Money like this could better be spend elsewhere. 

sick world