Are you afraid of dying?

connda

Are you afraid of dying?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

44 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

We all fear the process of dying: pain, long-drawn out suffering, loss of bodily control etc.

Screw that.  I know how I'm dying, quickly in an accident, in my sleep, or suicide ... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am not affraid as i have already a full life and the world is turning into a sh1tty place.. But a piece of mind i need to die peacefull. I have to be sure my kids and wife are fine for the feature. 

I do love life but when you get older (53) and see how full of <deleted> most of the people are.......... i think that the best years are behind me. The years that your kids grow up, you make a career, still have dreams etc etc. The absolute will of living flows away. You dont have the will and energy anymore to play the game. So i hope that the years that i have left are full of fun and meeting nice people. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

Yes, I am afraid to die. Life is all we have. Death does not exist : it is what we call when there is no life anymore. It is not a transition from one state to another, it is a transition from everything to nothing, from 1 to 0, something our mind is not ever able to grasp, accept or reconcile with. I try to be honest with myself and not to claim understanding or wisdom where there cannot be any.

Or......what we are considering to be life, isn't really there - same applies to what we see as death. 

It's possible that we might exist, one cycle after the other, in a false time continuum where all is perceived as real - but truly isn't. 

Nature and the phenomena of dimensional forces are having their amusement. 

....and we'll never know, one way or another.

• Like 1

My father is 84 and still going strong, living alone without assistance, mom passed at 77 from cancer.

I figure if I make to 80 years I lived a full life

if I make it to 85 I'll be at peace,

if I make it to 90 I reached the finish line.

Afraid of dying? What's that line in the movie Plattoon?

"Everybody gotta die sometime"