Are you afraid of dying?

connda

Are you afraid of dying?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

I think money is the real reason governments want to keep euthanasia illegal.  

Care homes, private hospitals and the like all make big money from 'care' and keeping their patients alive as long as they can. 

For sure. But easy work-arounds available.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seedy said:

Have you ever smoked it ? Taken Morphine or Heroin ?

No I watched a couple of others destroy themselves with it and that was enough for me ...

(I have extensive experience with drugs and alcohol.)

7 hours ago, seedy said:

Both of which reside in your mind - nowhere else

So - where do you want to be ? Decide, and choose

'heaven or hell - on Earth.' ... you missed the qualifier in your 'quote'. In the places most of us spoiled 1st world brats come from we have a pretty wide choice. Other places get made into hell where people get little choice except to survive by whatever means possible.

I live a great life, but I'm extremely privileged. I made my life hell for many years though. When I die I don't expect to go anywhere else.

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

So I am assuming, you have never had pre=or post operative pain relief under medical supervision.

No had any other medication, which will interact with your synapses, neuroreceptors , including alcohol.

Of course I have, but we were talking about religion as a form of substance abuse. 

Obviously opiates have a medical use. Belief in life after death less so in my opinion - equates with substance abuse. I borrowed from Marx's comment about religion being opium for the masses (although that's not quite what he said as I recall but it's what's gone into received wisdom).

I'm actually in favor of general liberation of drugs and an end to the senseless, racist war on drugs, just for the record.

8 hours ago, BusyB said:

No I watched a couple of others destroy themselves with it and that was enough for me ...

(I have extensive experience with drugs and alcohol.)

Drugs may bring you Joy

But the danger is they Destroy

Watch what you do or you'll be the next to go ...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

What of the Zombies or walking dead?

Other kin such as vampires, werewolves, or the variety of said trans-species? 

The famed greys of extraterrestrial lore? 

Where might they be classified?

Got a shared post on FB from a Buddy

Some cretin said calling extra terrestrials "Aliens" is offensive !!!

Found this ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbabythai said:

how many ladies have you consummated with- including P4P girls 

More than I thought when I was a youngster in the UK, and much more often.

Back in the UK I estimated 3 dates = 1x sex, and the dates all cost me money.

Sex more than once a week was almost impossible.

Here in Thailand 1 'date' =1x-2x sex, and I gave the money straight to the lady.

Sex as often as I wanted, often more than once a day.

On 10/16/2021 at 6:59 PM, RichardColeman said:

I do not think any of us are 'scared' of dying - just the manner of our death.

Knowing my luck Buddhists would be right and I'd be born into a future totally woke world I'd be happy to have left previously

"Woke world"!

Bring it on I say.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Inala said:

You can't be serious??

Why not. IMO world we grew up in has vanished to be replaced by something unfamiliar and unfriendly to the elders.

Technology advances faster than some of us can cope with, greed rules, trendy and flash ( without substance ) is in. Have you seen the utter rubbish they put on tv now? Wars all over the world- the arms makers and dealers grow mega rich, environment being destroyed and polluted, more people being born than can ever be supported in their own ( poor ) country.

Need I continue?

If we could get the pill for a pain free exit, many would take it, IMO.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Right now I'd bl..dy welcome it! The pain and incapacitation of my current bout of sciatica, is some days too much to bear.

More seriously, as a young boy I was petrified, then when my Father died, I completely changed to a very relaxed attitude towards death, since there was now someone there, wherever there is, that I would be happy to see again.

32 minutes ago, Inala said:

Yeah, I'm starting to feel like that also, and I'm not even super old. The world is definitely not as nice a place anymore. Greedy, over-populated and teetering on the precipice of war again. We grew up in the best of times when pax americana peace prevailed over us all and we had such freedom through the 60s, 70s and 80s. Now, I really worry about my kids who are in their late twenties and early thirties. In Australia it's almost impossible to buy a house due to stupid gov't policies around negative gearing, our society has gone completely woke, married guys are completely emasculated and wear panties, we're over regulated and over governed and have become a police ruled nanny state. We worry about climate change and think we can control the world's temps within one degree and we don't know how to label the public toilets anymore if it's male, female or something else. All the while communist China has become the world's only superpower since they control almost all manufacturing and are now virtually unstoppable in their quest for world domination which is not going to be a good way to live under communist rule.

So yeah, I relate completely to what you said above.    

Which country invaded the most countries in the three decades or more? Financed most incursions? Peace really? 

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 8:11 PM, CharlieH said:

My Dad died at 94 in his sleep, great way to go but I really dont want to go on that long.

Why not, if you're still of sound mind and body.

I met an 80+ year old one time, and he was telling about his latest trip he was heading of on, crossing India for about 18 months overland only. Had already done a few other continents, and had every intention of carrying on. I took my hat off to him.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2021 at 1:26 PM, ramrod711 said:

Good answer, I, like you, do not fear death, I fear a long painful process. I think all humans should have the option of requesting a pill. We are much more humane with our pets than we are to each other.

You could probably pick one up at your local pharmacy in Thailand... ????

I am not afraid of dying but I am a little concerned.

Aside from the obvious social problems it creates, like no longer being invited at parties, and Uncle Sam No longer sending your Social Security check, It just makes thing very hard to do things, 

All things being equal. I would rather not die,