National park farang prices

Zyte

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Parks vary but YES there is a charge for entering the park, and re- entering. If you go in and dont come out  for a few days then obviously not.

Marine parks keep track. For camping usually X thb for 3-5 days.

In the NP I frequent Thais are b20 per day and farang b100. Actually, 100, 500 for five days unless you know staff for discount.

38 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

I used to spend two weeks in a number of parks. I've logged over 100 days in a park over one season.

You're obviously no outdoors guy.

In accommodation, not just a pitched tent .  you obviously didn't understand guy.

I have removed certain words from some posts.

You are entitled to your view/experience, you are not entitled to be rude!

Parks can and do vary as stated (as with most things in Thailand)and as the OP has not stated what or where, only general information can be offered at this time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zyte said:

Thanks for the advice , I was thinking of Khao sok in surathani and if things work out well I may go to Pai and Mae Hong Song

If you stay at a floating resort in Khao Sok you only have to pay entrance once.

Forget Pai, I recommend doi angkhang in Fang district instead

16 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Foreigners always have to pay double or triple in the national parks here Tit

Just to remind all, the Constitutional Court in response to a lawsuit brought by a foreigner recently ruled that "dual pricing" that charges foreigners much more than paid by Thai citizens for things like park admission fees was constitutional.  As I recall, the rationale was that foreigners have more money and can afford the higher prices.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

If you stay at a floating resort in Khao Sok you only have to pay entrance once.

Doi Angkhang is great. I was there pre-covid and the national park administration had a fantastic restaurant and renting out nice bungalows.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

correct, you have to confirm they have accomodation,  then you can stay days and days,  I was referring to just pitching a tent which is not permitted.

It's still permitted in Koh Adang as best I know, Koh Surin and I'm sure parks on the coast in Trang as well as upcountry.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Zyte said:

I want to spend a week or more at a national park in Thailand, do I have to pay an entry fee every day ? , that would be a lot of money. 

If the national park has accommodation or camping facilities then you will pay for the duration you wish to stay.

Otherwise they close daily and you must leave.

19 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

From Pai take the road to Doi Ang Khang via Wiang Heng ????

28 minutes ago, chrissables said:

From Pai take the road to Doi Ang Khang via Wiang Heng ????

On this road (1178) I can recommend Wat Phuttha Phrom Panyo, most interesting temple I've been to(ban Muang Na) https://goo.gl/maps/iyz7Vt3DQvK6PVK78

Also friday morning market in Aronothai is a must.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Just to remind all, the Constitutional Court in response to a lawsuit brought by a foreigner recently ruled that "dual pricing" that charges foreigners much more than paid by Thai citizens for things like park admission fees was constitutional.

And just another reminder that  the dual pricing also occurs at hospitals

and places like restaurants and "tourist attractions"  where there is often a dual menu/price board  one in latin numbers the other in Thai script  and markets  where pricing is not displayed at all.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

100 days.

Sounds like torture.

Paradise.

Each year during high season I'd travel the Andaman staying about two weeks in every best snorkeling spot. The parks themselves are also the gems of the Andaman. I've even camped on Lipe, Koh Ngai which have no parks. I hold the record for foreigner camping consecutive days and total days in one year on Koh Tachai. My wife holds a similar record for Thai tourists. Normally, 2 weeks is my limit as supplies dwindle. I may hold camping records for Koh Rok as well.

I would no longer recommend camping here as many parks as closed only day trips and the rest have very annoying farang lodged in for the season. Many other issues. It's done but it was great for me 2005-10 without the wife and 10-20 with her. It's now just a huge and expensive hassle.

Torture lol. From the barstool or lounge chair no doubt 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

correct, you have to confirm they have accomodation,  then you can stay days and days,  I was referring to just pitching a tent which is not permitted.

Untrue. We stopped into a national park when driving the coast road down to PKK. Can pitch a tent on the beach grass. 

Also at Laemsing last yr in the national park on the beach that we stayed at 1 yr ago, you can pitch a tent no problem. Got to pay the fee of course

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, johng said:

And just another reminder that  the dual pricing also occurs at hospitals

and places like restaurants and "tourist attractions"  where there is often a dual menu/price board  one in latin numbers the other in Thai script  and markets  where pricing is not displayed at all.

You forgot to mention that it is also common in a lot of other countries, Australia also etc

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, steven100 said:

There is no dual pricing in Australia

dont know about Australia but in the USA there is dual pricing.  Send your kids to a collage in another State and you pay more. Foreign university students pay more.  Many amusement parks have discounts for local residents. 

• Like 1