Currently doing 10 days in quarantine in Pattay.

Mike KIWI

6 minutes ago, Gsxrnz said:

Learn the Michael Jackson moonwalk .  They won't know if you're coming or going.

Or....wear a suit.  Thais never ask anybody wearing a suit what they're up to. Wearing a suit gives you superhero powers that makes it look like anything you do is unquestionably legitimate.

no way i could handle wearing more than a shirt and T in this climate but thanks for the entertainment. Wonder what the punishment is for absconding, not that I am going to do so.

Edited by Mike KIWI
adding something.

14 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You could have ordered a SIM in time for your arrival and added a 20 Mbps data pack to it: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-4-10-20-mbps-wifi-6-i2832805441-s10335143437.html

I guess you were busy enough getting everything together just to be able to land.

Can still get one through Grab Shopping at a Family Mart.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You could have ordered a SIM in time for your arrival and added a 20 Mbps data pack to it: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ais-4-10-20-mbps-wifi-6-i2832805441-s10335143437.html

I guess you were busy enough getting everything together just to be able to land.

Have wifi so no rush for a sim card. Browsing thaicupid now. Better pickings up at the kinaree.

Dont have an unlocked phone. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Mike KIWI said:

Will hit tukcom for a new phone and sim. need to get a camera for mu new ute as well. wonder if tukcom is open.

Have you jumped here directly from the nineties?

Decide on the phone and package you want beforehand. What's your budget and requirements?

If you don't, you'll be dependent on the knowledge, honesty and competency of the vendor that you choose. I wouldn't.

9 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

What?! 

Who?!

At least you have a laptop.

I imagined locked phones were a thing of the past. Get it sorted! ????

I used to have an unusual business in NZ. i needed burner phone and numbers. they are almost free if they are locked to a network.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Have you jumped here directly from the nineties?

Decide on the phone and package you want beforehand.

Many phones are  still SIM locked to a particular  network     for instance the phones sold in 7/11 are locked to True,  at AIS and Dtac shops they display 2 prices  the cheaper price is for a monthly contract  and SIM locked phone...not sure if the expensive price is unlocked or not ?

I'll have to ask next time I'm in there.

24 minutes ago, Mike KIWI said:

wonder if tukcom is open.

Yes Tukcom is still open, around half the phone shops have disappeared though they seem to be very slowly returning..I never could figure out how so many shops selling the exact same thing could  make a profit all within in shouting distance of each other ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, johng said:

Many phones are  still SIM locked to a particular  network     for instance the phones sold in 7/11 are locked to True,  at AIS and Dtac shops they display 2 prices  the cheaper price is for a monthly contract  and SIM locked phone...not sure if the expensive price is unlocked or not ?

I'll have to ask next time I'm in there.

Yes Tukcom is still open, around half the phone shops have disappeared though they seem to be very slowly returning..I never could figure out how so many shops selling the exact same thing could  make a profit all within in shouting distance of each other ?

good news. i bought many phones from there over the years. even if only half of the stalls are there then their will still be plenty to choose from.

On 10/19/2021 at 3:18 PM, Mike KIWI said:

Tropicana has a nice pool just meters away which I wish I could use.

I was in the J Inspire last week for 7 days. I don't think anyone was allowed to use the pool.

My room overlooked the entrance to the Hotel J and pool next door but never saw anyone in it.

You can pass a lot of time reading garbage on TVF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I was in the J Inspire last week for 7 days. I don't think anyone was allowed to use the pool.

My room overlooked the entrance to the Hotel J and pool next door but never saw anyone in it.

You can pass a lot of time reading garbage on TVF.

Now that you say it I have not seen anyone using the pool in the 4 days i have been here. chlorine might be a super spreader? 

• Like 1