StevieAus

StevieAus

Although I get SMS message with any movements on my Kasikorn account I thought it would be prudent to check online to make sure, all good thank f***.

Will you have to get a new debit card or credit card ?

Spookily I also received a message from Kasikorn today that all services will be unavailable late on Sunday 24 Oct for security updates ???????????? Better late than never.

4 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I'm glad for you and hope everyone will get the same treatment.

Out of curiosity, did you have to show proof somehow that it wasn't your doing? Also, was it many small amounts combining 1,500B?

Forty odd transactions of 34.15 filling four pages of the book.

They didn’t need much convincing it wasn’t me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StevieAus said:

If you can something you want on Lazada for 34.15, you might be able to slip one past them....ha ha ha ha

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

OK...here ya go. Ask and you shall receive!

Great you got your money refunded, as any reputable bank in the world would do. But STOP with the Thailand apologetics. So what.???....the largest and most well-known bank in Thailand did the right thing is no monumental achievement. It's proper and common business, yet you somehow feel the entire country deserves a blowie now. Bangkok Bank and others doing the proper thing does not magically absolve this entire Idiocracy.

Thailand gets bashed 'cuz it DESERVES to be bashed. Not much Bangkok Bank bashing that I'm aware. Have account for 20 years and while nowhere near parity with Western banks, I'm satisfied. 

Obviously you are not a person who gives credit where it’s due, maybe never say thank you or give a tip for good service, strange outlook on life in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

'Took nearly 2 hours to complete paperwork for 5 unauthorized charges totaling about 2,000B at Kasikorn Bank.  At 11:41PM that evening, they rang to say they were sorry it was taking so long.  They followed up with an SMS at 5:20AM to say 2 of the 5 have been re-credited.  Fascinating (albeit somewhat painful)...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, StevieAus said:

when was this? I had like 5 transactions try and 3 went through on the 16th between 8-9pm on my Kasikorn account, all about the same amounts until my account was empty (don't keep money on account, probably had 125 baht on there) and then I got a text to call them

what did the bank say about where it came from? I didn't call them yet but I assume I would need to change my card?
I don't have my Thai friend here to call them and I can't be bothered to go there for like 100 baht.

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

No I try to take a balanced approach and accept that not everything is perfect here.

However I don’t criticize for the sake of criticizing.

If I was as dissatisfied as some of these posters seem to be I would return to Australia.

Fortunately I am in a financial position where I could do this, but suspect most of those who continually complain, cannot return to their utopian homeland.

To be fair, it appears to be you doing all of the moaning here; continually attacking imaginary members.

You covered yourself by making the topic title about you; rather than the bank refund. So we cannot accuse you of being off-topic, because this topic is really all about you.

• Like 1

Please do not say anything negative about Thailand,  you upset   the Thai lovers.       There are some Australians   that   make me feel glad I left that country, unfortunately, some of them seem to have followed me here.

No where is perfect, here or there, I find most criticism  here to be constructive  and helpful.   Like another reader  here, my wife  now  openly  criticises  things she objects to, whereas before she would remain silent, like the rest of the Thai herd.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, StevieAus said:

No, I  see the continual posts from people on this site who find any reason to criticize anything and everything about Thailand.

Yet strangely enough they still live here and do not return to live in their utopian homelands.

If they see comments  ( even bad) they will never realize if the system works  ...  and understand that "face" doesnt matter to us 

I love and laugh heartily at the folks who point out how corrupt and worthy of criticism Thailand is. It's hilarious ????

If one were to reflect with any honesty and clarity on the countries of most) of their origins it would be obvious to blind Freddy or Somchai for that matter that the western countries we hail from have histories or corruption, nepotism, treachery, racism, and dysfunction - socially and politically that would make the worst of Thailands folks bow down with embarrassment and humility.  

1 hour ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

Generally, I have found the Thai banks I have dealt with over the past 17 years to be satisfactory.  Exceptions were:

1) When living near Nakon Sawan, using a local Bangkok bank, I was told that I had to travel to Bangkok (350 km) to get my full passbook renewed.

2) When needing to move 600K from one account in Kasikorn bank to a new one at the same branch, I was obliged to withdraw that sum in cash and then sit with it in the bank until my number came up at a different counter.

On reaching the counter, my passport was inspected and I was told that they could not open a new account because I had changed my Visa from Retirement to Marriage and that I had to bring my wife with me, even though both the old and the requested new account were in my sole name.  I was so annoyed, I returned home with the cash, which the bank never saw again.

3) The amount of paper work, signatures and time apparently necessary to complete a simple transaction at the counter is extraordinary.

Spot on. Good post. Exactly why I stated to the OP that banks here are satisfactory, yet nowhere close to parity with western banks.

Still use passbooks here.???? Those went obsolete at least 3 decades ago in advanced countries. 

Have to return to original branch (of the same bank brand!) to get a new, 3 decades useless passbook and to renew debit card. To do most anything important or necessary, even if you live 1000 km away. 

Number of copies and signatures is ridiculous overkill.

• Like 1