Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

24 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

Correct, though the USA authority is stating that it ought to be a 2 jab vaccine. 

See Fierce Pharma website. 

Yes, it seems as if J&J is one of the lower performing vaccinations in terms of the duration of protection.  However, there's still no place in the world where one jab of J&J is not considered to be fully vaccinated.  Going forward things may change, of course.  

14 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

50000 US insurance. Is that a step down from the 100,000 covid insurance or full coverage bought in Thailand?

No mention of hotel lockup.

There has elsewhere been mention that people will be confined in hotel until they receive negative covid test result (additional to the negative test result 72 hours before departure). From my own recent exoerience  in ASQ that takes a good 24 hours +. Then there is the question if when exactly the 1st COVID test will be done. Hard to envision it taking place at the airport and if people arrive afternnon/evening likely not until the next day. In which case it will be the day after that (and probably afternoon) before the result.  

I think it will end up being a 2 day quarantine on average and likely have to book at least 3 nights at designated quarantine hotel if arrive late.

What is also unclear is how long one has to pre-book/ pre-pay hotel for and what sort of choice of hotel will be possible.

Might end up heing a mandatory 7 might stay at designated wuarantine hotel but able to leave hotel during the day starting day 2-3.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

There has elsewhere been mention that people will be confined in hotel until they receive negative covid test result (additional to the negative test result 72 hours before departure). From my own recent exoerience  in ASQ that takes a good 24 hours +. Then there is the question if when exactly the 1st COVID test will be done. Hard to envision it taking place at the airport and if people arrive afternnon/evening likely not until the next day. In which case it will be the day after that (and probably afternoon) before the result.  

I think it will end up being a 2 day quarantine on average and likely have to book at least 3 nights at designated quarantine hotel if arrive late.

What is also unclear is how long one has to pre-book/ pre-pay hotel for and what sort of choice of hotel will be possible.

Might end up heing a mandatory 7 might stay at designated wuarantine hotel but able to leave hotel during the day starting day 2-3.

Yet, still forced to pay outta pocket for 7 days against the 2 days that aren't required for any test. Testing that should only be 12 hours max and if a rapid test - 10 minutes. 

Lovely. Very Thai way of doing things. 

The dark lords of unjustified profit win over ethical logic.

Unfortunate that the Thai authorities haven't caught up to how most of the "reopening" world are approaching similar quandaries. Nothing close to the corrupted circus that lends to their reputation.

50,000 USD health insurance? How much do we have to pay for that?

The two Covid tests itself is going to be around 6000 baht.

Why do we need hotel booking if some already are staying with their friends, wives etc?

I doubt many real tourists will come, it's more for those long term stayers.

Edited by EricTh

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think if I was in the UK I'd be looking at Spain rather than Thailand. Cheaper food and drink, decent weather, a two hour flight, no nonsense forms to fill in. But that's just me. I wonder what the draw is for them being so keen to get to Thailand.

Family and loved ones

• Like 1

I, like many others posting here, have a home in Thailand and would love to arrive in country, stroll through arrivals to Hertz, pick up my hire car and drive the 2  1/2 hours to my home instead of staying in a hotel and awaiting a negative test result, but......

I also understand that the way pre departure tests are carried out leaves a 3 or 4 day window after you are tested, where it is possible to contract Covid and then sit on a plane and possibly infect others.

In my opinion the arrival test is needed to pick up on the few that may have become infected after the pre departure test.

It would be a logistical nightmare if after testing we were all allowed to dissapear all over the country, stopping to collect supplies, going out to eat etc, only to get a positive result and then need to be located and collected by provincial authorities and transported to wherever they deem fit.

The one night in a hotel reduces the chance of an infected person unknowingly spreading the virus and everyone is easily located.

Waiting for prohibition to end before booking a flight ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drgoon said:

I'm with you on that. My situation is the same. 

I'm planning to enter Thailand around March 2022, dependent on a few variables of course

Me too, there in time for Songkran and my Niece's 6th birthday

1 hour ago, Moncul said:

Perhaps you could do it with ThailandPass.  Other countries collect and verify data to allow visa exempt travel. e.g. the US has ESTA.

my point was that there is no way that thailandpass is going to be being used when - and if - they get 40 million tourists back. it will just be way too time consuming and be putting tourists off. Fully expect it gone before a 'full' reopening and a trusting of foreign vaccines

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I was being sarcastic as the 10 'safe' countries seems to be based on the number of tourists and potential $ spend rather than any covid safety risks

Exactly. USA and UK have the one of the highest at 80k and 50k average daily cases and Thailand deemed these countries safe whereas a lot of other countries don't have such high numbers.

Indonesia with less than 1k daily cases isn't considered safe.

Edited by EricTh

7 hours ago, Flink said:

Oh, and the last one.... Covid test within 24 hours of arrival. Hmm, guess you'll all be needing to book your SHA+/ASQ hotel for 2 or 3 days of your 2 week holiday then because they'll be having "issues" with testing and be taking the FULL 24 hours to get round to carrying out your test and be needing a further 24 hours at least to get the results to you.

For many locations, it is totally impractical to get Covid results 24 hours prior to arrival. A trip from LA to Bangkok takes 20 hours. 

More nonsense from the (TIDB) tourism industry destruction brigade. Absolute world class imbeciles. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

For many locations, it is totally impractical to get Covid results 24 hours prior to arrival. A trip from LA to Bangkok takes 20 hours. 

More nonsense from the (TIDB) tourism industry destruction brigade. Absolute world class imbeciles. 

I do believe it's 72 hours before your flight.  Easy to do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, WHansen said:

I, like many others posting here, have a home in Thailand and would love to arrive in country, stroll through arrivals to Hertz, pick up my hire car and drive the 2  1/2 hours to my home instead of staying in a hotel and awaiting a negative test result, but......

I also understand that the way pre departure tests are carried out leaves a 3 or 4 day window after you are tested, where it is possible to contract Covid and then sit on a plane and possibly infect others.

In my opinion the arrival test is needed to pick up on the few that may have become infected after the pre departure test.

It would be a logistical nightmare if after testing we were all allowed to dissapear all over the country, stopping to collect supplies, going out to eat etc, only to get a positive result and then need to be located and collected by provincial authorities and transported to wherever they deem fit.

The one night in a hotel reduces the chance of an infected person unknowingly spreading the virus and everyone is easily located.

Waiting for prohibition to end before booking a flight ????

Here in Phuket. COE wasn't hard at all. Beach is great and everything is lovely. You should visit. It's great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

I do believe it's 72 hours before your flight.  Easy to do.

Unfortunately, no one thinks it's "easy" to jump through all the hoops and win the surprise bonus of a fortnight incarcerated in a hospital due to the possibility of failing a PCR test after arriving in Thailand.

What is "easy" to do, is go elsewhere in Europe.

That's what 99.9% of travellers will do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

"don't have a smart phone don't want one"

Aren't you a rebel? lol

I do actually - have had for years and just recently bought a new one at 40k baht, I know a few people that don't have or want them

I am very particular about what I use it for and what apps I have on it - No Facebook or TVF App for example and rarely enable a data connection Wifi only, my choice, landing at an airport in Thailand and someone telling me I must install and app won't happen - as far as they are concerned I don't have a smart phone 

3 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Unfortunately, no one thinks it's "easy" to jump through all the hoops and win the surprise bonus of a fortnight incarcerated in a hospital due to the possibility of failing a PCR test after arriving in Thailand.

Hmmm. I came from Europe. Much better here and the COE was no biggie. Not sure what you mean.

I really hope that we will have to pay no more than 1-2 nights in a special hotel. Because the requirements from the Certificate of Entry look very stupid in terms of "payment confirmation of  residence for the entire period of stay in Thailand."
For me, Thailand is interesting, first of all, as a country with free movement. Depending on the weather, personal circumstances and mood, I can visit 5-6 resorts in 1 month, and I would not want to pay for accommodation in advance, especially if I want to go for 2-3 months.
I hope that the requirements for hotel reservations will now be the same as for a Thai visa (every time I need to book hotels and print this information for the Thai consul so that after receiving a visa I can cancel all reservations for free and choose hotels or apartments that I really need like).

• Thanks 1

Just read that the coach of Bayern Munich, double vaccinated is now infected with Covid. he is in his 30s.

Imagine a plane full of tourists, all 2 vaccines, all test negative before leaving Europe or USA etc.

Arriving in Thailand and 1 tests positive.

What happens to the rest of passengers?

Everyone in quarantine for 2 weeks?

And I see already who to blame, when numbers in Thailand go up again.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

And open and transparent reporting of said numbers.

Plus actively finding and reporting new variants due to gnome sequencing capabilities.

Garden Gnome sequencing by chance...just joking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

if the Canaries is considered Europe, then 'yes' ...........otherwise...............climatewise........maybe not