Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

I now see that the Transport Minister has now added to the consternation of many by announcing he would like all Domestic tourists held to the same standards as international travelers as far as being vaccinated and testing via PCR test before traveling by air and train here in Thailand.  I thought you already needed a test to fly whether or not you were vaccinated, at least some air carriers were requiring it.

Just now boarding flight Phuket to swampy. No questions at all about vaccines or tests. Thai Smiles.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

My Thai wife MUST have a travel health insurance,

well, with all due respect, i meant that no country require insurance from first world EU/US tourists. the EU require insurance from thailand and other poor countries, to prevent abuse of their health system by poor thai. other poor touristic countries do not dare to ask for insurance becase, simply, they want those euro /dollars tourists.

12 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

I'm not asking as regards space....I'm asking as regards is it acceptable or must you stay in a hotel? What are the rules?

my reply was specific on your line : "Got to take all your paperwork to prove you own a place? Ridiculous."

On this clear question now , i would think they only wish you to keep 1 night so they can do the needed  tests or checks ..... an improvement against former quarantaine i would say ,

i do not think they wish you kept in hotel whole stay period .

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I guess you've missed all the go fund me posts here over the years?

Now, many countries are requiring insurance due to covid. Many.

i know of many countries who DO WANT tourists, and do not require insurance.

Brazil, for example, had this requirement and recently cancelled it.

mexico, panama, portugal, even USA do not require insurance.

the deal is simple - you go to hospital - You PAY.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

my reply was specific on your line : "Got to take all your paperwork to prove you own a place? Ridiculous."

On this clear question now , i would think they only wish you to keep 1 night so they can do the needed  tests or checks ..... an improvement against former quarantaine i would say ,

i do not think they wish you kept in hotel whole stay period .

Why one night? If you caught covid on the flight or at an airport it's going to take 2 or 3 days to show on a PCR test.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I would wait until after the New Year to make a booking.  Obviously the learning curve on this will be severely tested by the Thai government as they adapt to the influx (or not) of tourists entering the country.  

Yup. I've be planning January for a while. Not booked yet but hopefully it'll be more conducive to travel without hassle by then.

• Like 2

Just now, bullseye66 said:

Why one night? If you caught covid on the flight or at an airport it's going to take 2 or 3 days to show on a PCR test.

Some nationality's ???? are never ever satisfied ????..... we do not own or control Thailand , they try to make it easier , and yet still not good enough .

We do not make the rules here , as you might  noticed .....it is take it or leave it 

• Like 1

Just now, david555 said:

Some nationality's ???? are never ever satisfied ????..... we do not own or control Thailand , they try to make it easier , and yet still not good enough .

We do not make the rules here , as you might  noticed .....it is take it or leave it 

They try to make it easier? ????????????????

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

How about test in your own country 72 hours before leaving and no quarentine on arrival in Thailand if negative and double vaccinated?

Funny thing is ,..... we in E.U. still have that by arrival or departure , keeping any measures as before ,still mask at some places etc. and  just light easing , as not opened the floodgates to the new strain as the Politic PR  did in U.K. to looks sympathy to the population at a health cost , see the results now +50000 new cases already and rising ,

But each at their own , it is yours... so feel free to do ????

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i know of many countries who DO WANT tourists, and do not require insurance.

Brazil, for example, had this requirement and recently cancelled it.

mexico, panama, portugal, even USA do not require insurance.

the deal is simple - you go to hospital - You PAY.

Brazil? Where the PM is being charged with crimes against humanity for his terrible handling of the pandemic?  Wow. Not the best example.

I'm just back from a month in Portugal. A huge percentage of the population is vaccinated. And tests are still required before departure for some countries. Heck, I had to get a PCR test before visiting the Azores.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Funny thing is ,..... we in E.U. still have that by arrival or departure , keeping any measures as before ,still mask at some places etc. and  just light easing , as not opened the floodgates to the new strain as the Politic PR  did in U.K. to looks sympathy to the population at a health cost , see the results now +50000 new cases already and rising ,

But each at their own , it is yours... so feel free to do ????

I live in France. When I go to Spain I travel restriction free as double jabbed. Simply fill in a locator form online and away you go. Simple.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bullseye66 said:

I live in France. When I go to Spain I travel restriction free as double jabbed. Simply fill in a locator form online and away you go. Simple.

Because probably you have E.U.adres or residency and crossing internal borders of E.U.

Me i have no Belgium adres , i live officially Thailand , so because that i  have non restricted acces to E.U. or specific my country based on my Belg. nationality  , but need all those tests and possible quarantaine at a chosen adres , if i would live officially with  adres in Belgium  i would not need that running around the whole of E.U. now yes and because Thailand is not yet on our green list , on the contrary red zone high contagious  

"Out of sight out of hart as we say..." ????  

Edited by david555

6 hours ago, bullseye66 said:

Yup. I've be planning January for a while. Not booked yet but hopefully it'll be more conducive to travel without hassle by then.

Plus hopefully entertainment venues will be open.  I'm not a great bar person.,get bored sitting around too much.  But if I'm out for a stroll and walk past a bar I like to go have a drink and chill. Bit of banter with staff etc.

I'm waiting for after the new year see how it goes before I book.

On 10/21/2021 at 12:42 PM, ukrules said:

Thailand in its perpetual state of delusion believes it's the number one place in the world and when the doors are opened everyone in the world will want to come.

To them the problem is that they must restrict the number who do come because far too many will want to arrive all at once.

They all believe this 100% - it's been indoctrinated and beaten into them since they were dumb little brats, now they're older and in positions of authority.

I can't wait for the reality to hit.

European booking a holiday next year : There's slightly less restrictions in Cambodia, forget about Thailand, just go there instead.

'There' could be any one of 100's of different countries in the world, like the Caribbean for example.

Its probably been asked already but Just wondering how many actual tourists have arrived this year I flew in June there were 11 people on the flight and all the faff with 3kg of paperwork I cant imagine many families are choosing LOS for their hols it seems mainly like ex pats with Thai wives / families returning and putting up with all the Knob ache be interesting to see if it actually gets better with less restrictions  

• Like 2

Strange thing is that Thais returning are exempt from the insurance and can just go home.

I expect that TAT and the hotels assume that on November the first and every day after that the skies will darken with aircraft flying tourists in, when it does not darken and reality sets in its just a slim possibility that someone might notice that the tourists did not turn up and everyone is in deep poo as more businesses hit the fan, they sure now how to cook the golden goose. 

The good old days are not coming back, just too many hoops to jump through and more welcoming places in the world beckon. People with vision should have seen it coming.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nong38 said:

Strange thing is that Thais returning are exempt from the insurance and can just go home.

I expect that TAT and the hotels assume that on November the first and every day after that the skies will darken with aircraft flying tourists in, when it does not darken and reality sets in its just a slim possibility that someone might notice that the tourists did not turn up and everyone is in deep poo as more businesses hit the fan, they sure now how to cook the golden goose. 

The good old days are not coming back, just too many hoops to jump through and more welcoming places in the world beckon. People with vision should have seen it coming.

My daughter came over in 2019 with hubby n grandkids absolutely loved it met up in Phuket had a brilliant time she wouldn't even consider it now too much uncertainty with the regs and  all the hoop jumping and paperwork think the authorities are dreaming 

4 hours ago, nong38 said:

People (Thai government I assume) with vision and Thailand should not be in the same sentence!

I think that by 7 November they will start wondering where are all the tourists?

15 November they will be very worried when hotels only see a very small increase in tourists arriving.

22 November an announcement that a committee is being formed to launch an investigation into why the tourists didn't arrive yet.

29 November blame Somchai.

• Like 2