Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

17 hours ago, VBF said:

Infection rates don't matter much if everyone is vaccinated. Covid just becomes a minor issue...for the most part.

Maybe triple vaccinated now......or perhaps within 6 months of their  2nd shot.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe triple vaccinated now......or perhaps within 6 months of their  2nd shot.

FYI - I asked the Nurse at my GP surgery about that 2 weeks ago, and was told that "Either my GP or the NHS would notify me, 6 months after my second jab, that it was time for my booster and to make an appointment" By my reckoning that should be in about 2 weeks as I had #2 on 6th May.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 9:07 AM, Danderman123 said:

Does the $50,000 health insurance have to cover Covid-19? 

That is for covid cover only and quite cheap, but if you are Staying longer than a month, correct me if I am wrong, then you need health insurance on top of That as well 

1 minute ago, kiwikeith said:

That is for covid cover only and quite cheap, but if you are Staying longer than a month, correct me if I am wrong, then you need health insurance on top of That as well 

Depends on which visa/re-entry permit you used to enter Thailand.  Generally, only people on a Non-OA (or extensions of stay based on a Non-OA) need to maintain health insurance in Thailand (400k inpatient, 40k outpatient).

15 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

People (Thai government I assume) with vision and Thailand should not be in the same sentence!

I think that by 7 November they will start wondering where are all the tourists?

15 November they will be very worried when hotels only see a very small increase in tourists arriving.

22 November an announcement that a committee is being formed to launch an investigation into why the tourists didn't arrive yet.

29 November blame Somchai.

Would you go to a football stadium with no game? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Depends on which visa/re-entry permit you used to enter Thailand.  Generally, only people on a Non-OA (or extensions of stay based on a Non-OA) need to maintain health insurance in Thailand (400k inpatient, 40k outpatient).

What are the insurance requirements for people with a non-O retirement visa? 

50K or 400K?

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

What are the insurance requirements for people with a non-O retirement visa? 

50K or 400K?

At the moment I believe the requirement is currently $100,000 coverage for covid for people with a Non-O visa for a period of 90 days (equal to their initial permission to stay based on that visa).  It seems that is being transitioned to $50,000 coverage for covid sometime on or around 1 November.  If you are re-entering Thailand on a re-entry permit based on a Non-O visa you will need covid insurance in the proper amount for the period of your permission to stay that will be stamped into your passport (that is, until the date the re-entry permit expires).  There are no other health insurance requirements mandated for Non-O retirement visa people entering Thailand.

If you have a Non-OA visa (or re-entry permit based on an extension of a Non-OA visa) you will need additional coverage of 400k baht inpatient/40k outpatient health insurance.  You have to meet the covid insurance requirements as for the Non-O visa.  You can do both in one policy, if you want.

• Like 1

Also plan to stay 2 nights at a ASQ hotel. My flight gets into BKK at 11:30 pm. When I get to the Hotel I have to wait until 10:00 am the next day to get tested . Results come 12 hours later. That's when it becomes your second night. Anytime after 1:00 PM , they make you pay for the second night. 

20 minutes ago, skatewash said:

At the moment I believe the requirement is currently $100,000 coverage for covid for people with a Non-O visa for a period of 90 days (equal to their initial permission to stay based on that visa).  It seems that is being transitioned to $50,000 coverage for covid sometime on or around 1 November.  If you are re-entering Thailand on a re-entry permit based on a Non-O visa you will need covid insurance in the proper amount for the period of your permission to stay that will be stamped into your passport (that is, until the date the re-entry permit expires).  There are no other health insurance requirements mandated for Non-O retirement visa people entering Thailand.

If you have a Non-OA visa (or re-entry permit based on an extension of a Non-OA visa) you will need additional coverage of 400k baht inpatient/40k outpatient health insurance.  You have to meet the covid insurance requirements as for the Non-O visa.  You can do both in one policy, if you want.

This is great information.

The next question: who sells travel medical insurance for periods of more than one year? AXA and others offer plans with one year max.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is great information.

The next question: who sells travel medical insurance for periods of more than one year? AXA and others offer plans with one year max.

I don't know of any selling for periods in excess of one year.  If insurance is required for you Thai Immigration will only give you permission to stay up to one year or your insurance coverage expires whichever is shorter.  One of the reasons the insurance mandate is a pain in the neck.  

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Thailand Pass won’t be ready until November 1.

The COE app only allows entry to Sandbox or Quarantine.

So, how are people supposed to enter Thailand on November 1 and not go through 7 day quarantine or the Phuket sandbox?

To be perfectly honest I would not relish traveling to Thailand in the midst of these transitions.  If at all possible postpone your travel until the rules/processes become clearer, maybe after the first week of November.  That said, some people will need to travel during this period and I guess somehow they will make it through the maze and come out the other end.  But I would think that would be a pretty stressful and uncertain period of time best avoided if possible.

Using Phuket Sandbox as an example, there was a tremendous amount of uncertainty the first week it was operational in July.  Things had settled down considerably by the start of the second week.  The people that arrived during the first week were a hardy breed and deserved the nice vacation that awaited them in Phuket after passing through all the yes/no/maybe that characterized some of the process during that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

What does the announcement or notification published in the Government Gazette say?

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

You are probably right.  I should do my paperwork via Thailand Pass when it is active. But that means I need to loiter in the US for an extra week or so. Bummer.

One reason we bit the bullet and came back last week. Didn't want to hang out where we were for a few more weeks until things changed. It worked out great!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, skatewash said:

And is that not being changed to 3 mil baht cover? (not sure about out-patient). 

On 10/23/2021 at 9:15 AM, skatewash said:

But I would think that would be a pretty stressful and uncertain period of time best avoided if possible.

I can vouch for the stress level.

The word is that COE applications approved before 1 November will still be honored in November.

I applied for my COE on 7 October and I’m still waiting for final approval.

My flight leaves on 11 November. However, I will need to leave home a couple days earlier in order to travel to the nearest airport, stay in a hotel long enough to get pre-flight PCR test, etc.

So, in other words, the Royal Thai Embassy has basically left me twisting in the wind.

• Sad 3

Apparently you can still use the COE app for entry into Thailand after November 1, but you have to sign up for either the Phuket Sandbox, or a 7 day ASQ stay. Allegedly, at Suvarnaphumi, the quarantine officer will change the 7 day stay to 1 night, and then, you can pursue a refund from the hotel for the unused 6 nights, and other pre-paid expenses.

Allegedly.

Just now, yogi yogi said:

i prefer to wait for thailand pass to get up and running. i dont like fighting for refunds

also the coe requires 100000 insurance and the new nov 1. rules require only 50000  so if i went with coe i would have to buy the 100000 insurance and no refund on that

• Like 1

I called two five-star hotels in Bangkok and my conclusion is that everyone is still confused about the new rules.  I am fully vaccinated. I will have been in Mexico within 21 days of my planned trip to Thailand so I do not qualify for one of the 46 countries and as far as I can tell – I have to spend one night in an SHA Plus or AQ hotel but as soon as my test results come back negative I can leave the hotel and go anywhere in Bangkok.  I will need to test again on day 6 or 7 but THERE IS NO QUARANTINE.  Can someone please confirm this?  Thanks!