Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

Does anyone know if the rules are going to change for the existing Phuket Sandbox from 1st of November? I have a ticket to land on 5th of November,  and haven't started the paperwork process yet. Is the Thailand Pass replacing the CoE for the sandbox? Still 7 days hotel booking and 2 PCR tests?

I'm thinking of moving my date to 12th November....I plan to book a hotel for at least 7 days anyway, as the weather in Samui is bad in November, just can't figure out how to approach this in the next week or two.

16 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

I would do the same, but seeing my daughter unhappy everyday because she misses me, I need to get out there ASAP..

I'd already decided to spend Christmas in the UK and then fly out probably before new year but I need to go to hospital so that backs up my plan. Others like you have other circumstances you need to deal with in the best way you can.

Good Luck

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, smedly said:

I have lived in Thailand for over 2 years and never had a covid test - I am fully vaccinated, so how am I different to someone arriving here in Thailand fully vaccinated and being forced to take a test - once out of the airport these tourists are same status as me and all effectively vaccinated Thais who are not being force Tested - Thailand is not big on testing until it comes to fully vaccinated foreign tourists - it makes no sense

Has little to do with health and well being, more to do with gathering seedy profits.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Has little to do with health and well being, more to do with gathering seedy profits.

you meant needing profits right? pockets have been getting lighter it seems as the trough is pretty empty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chilli42 said:

I wonder why a hotel booking is necessary if you are not in quarantine? In my case I would be staying at my house if not under quarantine. 

I assume the hotel is needed while you wait for the PCR result.

17 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

what about the previous 100K and specifically mention of Covid inclusion?

they give the world a discount. don't you get it? millions of people all over the world

are now reading it and cheer YEEEHHHH, THAILAND GAVE US A LOWER INSURANCE REQUIREMENT !!

BUT seriously, i want to ask for how long the insurance has to be valid?

say i have a non-O visa for another 8 months, but also carry a passport that allow

me visa exempt. can i buy insurance only for , say, 30 days, or will the thai embassy / computer/ IO will tell me: NO YOU MUST HAVE INSURANCE FOR 9 MONTHS ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

they give the world a discount. don't you get it? millions of people all over the world

are now reading it and cheer YEEEHHHH, THAILAND GAVE US A LOWER INSURANCE REQUIREMENT !!

BUT seriously, i want to ask for how long the insurance has to be valid?

say i have a non-O visa for another 8 months, but also carry a passport that allow

me visa exempt. can i buy insurance only for , say, 30 days, or will the thai embassy / computer/ IO will tell me: NO YOU MUST HAVE INSURANCE FOR 9 MONTHS ??

Why not require insurance while here? Quite frequently, foreigners end up in the hospital here and can't pay. Insurance doesn't cost much. Makes sense.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Parsve said:

So every one, even, thais have to spend one night in a hotel even if they have a home in the place of arrival. Money, money, money ... 

That isn't the verbiage or implication of "hotel bookings". Notice the plural form of the requirement. If they were requiring just one night, presumably to wait for PCR results to come back, then why require "bookings" as a requirement? 

3 hours ago, Mentors65 said:

Otherwise no one with a long flight will be able to come

The Thai Consulates still have to approve entry into Thailand with the Thailand Pass, so I believe the results of the COVID test are submitted to them before departure to approve your entry into Thailand. The Pass should work the same as the COE. 

8 hours ago, bullseye66 said:

Proof of hotel booking. What if you own your own condo there? Got to take all your paperwork to prove you own a place? Ridiculous.

That's not happening - you're either staying in the hotel or you're not coming.

It's a wait and see till January before booking any flights. Thailand has shown that they are not to be trusted when it comes to entry into the country policy.

Besides, my country isn't even on the list of preferred counties. So until that happens, no Thailand trips in my future. Which is a good thing the way I see it.

Edited by cheapcanuck
Grammer

Checking locally here in the US. There is no way I could get a PCR test back in time for a flight. Right now people that are showing signs of covid  are put at the head of the list. I was told it could take days. Maybe driving to a major city would be an option (6hrs for me). Haven't checked there yet.

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

That's not happening - you're either staying in the hotel or you're not coming.

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on if the hotel booking is used to confirm the PCR test after entry OR is used to boost tourism and as a consequence your entire stay has to be documented with proof of hotel stays. One thing to keep in mind, is that most condo owners are not tourists and would arrive on long-stay or resident visas. My question still is, if my stay is in a serviced apartment or condo, which I have reservations for and normally do, does the entry rule of "hotel bookings" imply that I cannot stay in anything other the "hotels" during my stay? 

2 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Checking locally here in the US. There is no way I could get a PCR test back in time for a flight. Right now people that are showing signs of covid  are put at the head of the list. I was told it could take days. Maybe driving to a major city would be an option (6hrs for me). Haven't checked there yet.

Probably should. PCR tests are usually turned around in 24 hours in Los Angeles

16 hours ago, gim12 said:

.malaysia is talking about reopening soon , unclear yet  if they will have as many ,"lets ripoff the 

tourists" requirements

as Thailand but hard to believe they can be as bad

"... hard to believe they can be as bad".

Indeed. I think one would have to work hard to make it worse.

But it's easy for the Thai government to be this "bad" because all this nonsense is founded on an absence of respect.