Thailand sets out seven conditions for foreign arrivals without quarantine

webfact

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Average daily temp in Croatia for October is 18 degrees.... was he lying in the sun under a blanket  cause thats way too cold to be desirable.

Agreed he said it was 20C but still warmer than where he traveled from in Germany.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gjk7777 said:

Does that mean you can travel anywhere in Thailand? I heard it's only in "Blue" areas..not sure where they are though.

Of course if you have negative test result, but am not sure if the test (result) taken immediately after arriving will be used for the duration of the trip.

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

Lose what exactly?

As far as international travel is concerned it is a global reset.

The old days have been consigned to the history books, time people accepted reality and move on.

Unfortunately for large parts of expat Thailand that means the place they retired to is about to slowly fall apart in terms of infrastructure, nightlife and a slow return of their expat friends to their home countries.

Of course there will be those that burned their bridges years ago and can neither afford to buy or rent in their country of birth.

With capital and rent increases in the UK at nearly double digits they are donald ducked for example.

Easy to say move on but you're not paying the bills/utilities/rent and key money on those businesses that now will have a trickle of tourists.

Look at Walking Street, Pattaya it's desolate.

Of course if you live in Nakon Nowhere this might not matter but to be honest you would have run out of money years ago anyway.

1 hour ago, AMFWolfie said:

Why would I/We need "Have written/electronic confirmation of hotel bookings in Thailand" If I am simply going home or is this just another way of saying you still have to do a days quarantine while you get the result of a Covid test on Arrival... So actually not done away with quarantine completely after all.

I hope this is just for the one night but I suspect that its for the whole period - as I said before, where are the details? 21 November already!

8 hours ago, kevmin13 said:

So what if you got the Johnson and Johnson shot that is a single shot?  Guess I cannot go to Thailand ever? Lol.  Kind of stupid rules overall.  

My health insurance policy doesnt show how much they cover it is all basedvon what you need done and Drs you go to their prices.  

To be considered fully vaccinated with Johnson & Johnson's vaccine one needs only one jab.  Thailand has always recognized this from the beginning.  The Phuket Sandbox recognized this from the very beginning on July 1.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Ok, but but who's going to check it ? How do you check 40 million health insurances on arrival ? 

Short term with a handful of tourists, maybe, future years and millions , I seriously doubt it

Perhaps you could do it with ThailandPass.  Other countries collect and verify data to allow visa exempt travel. e.g. the US has ESTA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uroller said:

Still too many hoops to jump through especially compared to going to other holiday destinations! If your fully vaccinated and had a negative test before leaving why do you need another test on arrival and a 1 day ASQ. Do they think you are catching covid on the flight???? This is all about military and control? Good Luck Thailand

They've had two occasions where sandbox arrivals have tested positive on arrival having tested negative a few days earlier.

The Delta variant takes about four days on average to show up I believe.

6 hours ago, remifr said:

how about Thai partners ? They have to follow you for the 1st night or they can go straight home ?

how about those with single dose J&J vaccine ? rejected ?

Thailand has never treated having one jab of J&J vaccine as anything less than fully vaccinated.  Not sure why you don't know this already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jon1050 said:

No Mention of those who’ve had  the Jensen jab, so only one shot.

Where have you ever seen it said that Thailand doesn't recognize the J&J vaccine as being fully vaccinated?  I mean other than three times already in this thread.

The rule Thailand has always observed and every other place in the world is that if you are  vaccinated with the number of jabs the manufacturer of your vaccine recommends you are considered fully vaccinated.  J&J is a one-dose vaccine.  All other vaccines require 2 jabs.  Thailand has always recognized this.  AseanNow commentators, not so much.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

The RT-PCR test has changed from 72 hours prior to flying to 72 hours prior to arrival in Thailand. I hope this is a misprint.

Yes, that would be a bit of a game changer for those travelling from afar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Where have you ever seen it said that Thailand doesn't recognize the J&J vaccine as being fully vaccinated?  I mean other than three times already in this thread.

The rule Thailand has always observed and every other place in the world is that if you are  vaccinated with the number of jabs the manufacturer of your vaccine recommends you are considered fully vaccinated.  J&J is a one-dose vaccine.  All other vaccines require 2 jabs.  Thailand has always recognized this.  AseanNow commentators, not so much.

Correct, though the USA authority is stating that it ought to be a 2 jab vaccine. 

See Fierce Pharma website. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Pretty easy to figure out the top 10 list to get no quarantine.

The already stated China, US, UK, Singapore and Germany are all on the list of top number of tourists pre-covid. The question is, which of these high tourist countries will miss out to make it a list of 10

I'm guessing the other five may likely be Japan, Russia, South Korea, India and Australia

https://www.thaiwebsites.com/m/tourists-nationalities-Thailand.asp

Screenshot_20211021-073925_Chrome.jpg

Amazing Thailand - so 20 per cent of the Singapore population visited Thailand as tourists in 2019.........

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, skatewash said:

You know this how?  Why do you believe this?

because they are indicating that they only accept those wo have 2 doses...JJ is one dose...and you know how vague everything is...I can just see showing up with my card showing 1 dose JJ...and all they see is 1 dose on the card and immediatly assume I only had one dose of anything instead of actually differenciating

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

Why have you got to have a PCR test on arrival. Don't the thai government realise that this is just overkill !

Nope, not overkill in their view.  More like Justified based upon experiences in the early days of letting people (thai's) return from other countries.

• Like 1

Answers nothing for me says nothing about my 8 year old half thai son. So what i can work out he has to quarentine so i have 2 even tho vaccinated. Even if we don't may fail a potentially corrupt test and be stuck in a junta chosen and backed hotel at my expense. Not only that then there is the potential for the same to happen back returning to uk. So 2k flights and insurance. 2k quarentine thailand 4k quarentine uk. Thats potentially 8k before my son even seen his mother. Na thabks not a chance would rather have a jack fruit shuvved up my bum bum. 

Edited by Nicholas s
Typo

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Ok, but but who's going to check it ? How do you check 40 million health insurances on arrival ? 

Short term with a handful of tourists, maybe, future years and millions , I seriously doubt it

They check on departure

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Reporting standards are very sloppy in Thailand.  What government officials sometimes say is not very precise.  A lot of shortcuts are taken.  Thai is a high-context language while English is a low-context language.   It's easier to say "you must have 2 jabs" when what you really mean to say is that "you must have the number of jabs the manufacturer of your vaccine recommends to be considered fully vaccinated, which for J&J is one, and which for all other vaccines is two doses."

There is no place in the world where one jab of J&J is not considered to be fully vaccinated.  This includes Thailand.  

The article also states that one must have a RT-PCR within 72 hours of ARRIVAL in Thailand.  This horse has been beaten to death already.  The rule that has been enforced has always been within 72 hours of DEPARTURE.  The people making these statements are very sloppy and imprecise.  The people writing the articles based on these statements aren't any better.  The result is that what gets reported in the media is an almost unrecognizable facsimile of the original intention.  Given that, there's no reason to believe that there has been an official change from ARRIVAL to DEPARTURE.   It is much much more likely that it was said mistakenly or reported mistakenly.  In Thailand we have to wait for the dust to settle and the corrections to be made and the misunderstandings to be rectified before getting too excited by the news.

very well said and I hope you are right

• Like 1