entering thailand on retirement extension with reentry permit

hi all, just wondering whether i need to show immigration a return flight ticket since my permission to stay ends in only 70 days, will i require to provide a flight out, even though i will apply for extension when i get back?, 

secondly can i change my retirement extension to extension based on marriage, and how soon before extension ends can this be applied for?

thanks

Just now, hotandsticky said:

Just as a side question.................................... for those returning on a reentry (based on an original Non-Imm O visa) are there any insurance requirements.

Covid-19 coverage $100K USD for duration of your permission of stay

I've come in twice via the sandbox with my extension based upon retirement and re-entry. Because you upload a copy of both, no return flight is required. All people must have the required Covid insurance to enter and it needs to be valid until your extension expires - although different embassies have different rules and some require just 2 months. 

Of course some of this could be different with the expected November 1 changes. 

To continue this discussion for a moment, let me add another related question.

I too have a valid Visa extension based on marriage and a valid re-entry permit that expires on Nov 14. Based on the responses earlier in this thread, when I reenter the country in early November I assume my Covid-specific  insurance need only be valid until that expiration date. Is that true?

My overall plan is to purchase a round-trip ticket for November 7 or 8 with a return date of about 2 months from the date I enter. I would buy 90 days worth of Covid insurance and then, assuming those requirements for Covid-specific insurance change or go away, rebook my return for a few months longer. Note that, in my understanding, the non-Covid health insurance requirement will not go away but that's a separate issue.

Thanks for you answers.

20 hours ago, AlaskaDave said:

To continue this discussion for a moment, let me add another related question.

I too have a valid Visa extension based on marriage and a valid re-entry permit that expires on Nov 14. Based on the responses earlier in this thread, when I reenter the country in early November I assume my Covid-specific  insurance need only be valid until that expiration date. Is that true?

My overall plan is to purchase a round-trip ticket for November 7 or 8 with a return date of about 2 months from the date I enter. I would buy 90 days worth of Covid insurance and then, assuming those requirements for Covid-specific insurance change or go away, rebook my return for a few months longer. Note that, in my understanding, the non-Covid health insurance requirement will not go away but that's a separate issue.

Thanks for you answers.

If I understand correctly, it is your intention to return to Thailand on November 7 or 8 with a re-entry permit restoring a permission to stay ending November 14th. You will need Covid insurance of seven or eight days but, in practice, the minimum you can buy is probably 30 days.

On 10/21/2021 at 5:55 AM, jonnyscot said:

secondly can i change my retirement extension to extension based on marriage, and how soon before extension ends can this be applied for?

Yes you can change the reasons for an extension from retirement to marriage. Or from marriage to retirement.

The date of the extension will change, it will not continue from the retirement extension date.

You can certainly apply in the last 30 days of your current extension. Some/most/all offices will accept an application before that, though they may well suggest waiting to avoid losing time on your extension. Do not forget that from application to getting the extension is almost always at least 30 days unlike the retirement which is in most cases given the day of application.