Police say they have evidence aplenty against woman who allegedly cut painter's rope

webfact

6 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

No it wouldn't be funny to see anyone given that choice.

Yes, it wo-ould! Just my opinion! It would probably scare the <deleted> out of all other lunatics that are thinking of doing the same.

7 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Ha, its not allowed to cut the ropes, then it is attempt to murder.

Think about all the people working in Abu Dabi on the new stadiums for soccer world championship.

They let people work without any safety, until now in 10 years time more then 6500

people died at building over there. That is more then 2 people /day, that isnt murder?

I ve seen Thai worker on bamboo "scaffold" working, one foot on one pole , other on another pole, hand wrapped again around another pole and then working with one hand.

No safety line at all. If i would have done that in my country at work, they would have fired me.

But there are jobs, you are connected with only a line to do your work. 

But this, extern factor deciding over your life by cutting the rope?

I could almost see this as the new normal in this world. Be aware who is around you or you could end up, ...dead.

The world cup is actually being held in Catarrh.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, it wo-ould! Just my opinion! It would probably scare the <deleted> out of all other lunatics that are thinking of doing the same.

Or just force someone who is completely innocent to confess to something they did not do.  

Convict someone, anyone, anyhow, the logic that has led to wrongful convictions and appalling miscarriages of justice throughout history, modern and ancient. 

Thankfully the bib in this case appear to be following a more rational course than you. 

Edited by Bluespunk

11 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Next to me, they are building a new condo.

Scaffolding is ridiculous and those guys walk around on them without any safety equipment and often just in flip flops. I am surprised that we don't hear every day that someone just falls off.

They die every day in construction sites and workplaces in Thailand. You just don't hear about it because the media doesn't report on it. There is no accountability and Thailand's Bureau of Occupational Safety and Health is a joke and rarely investigates workplace deaths and injuries. It also does not do a good job of tallying incidents.

8 hours ago, aussienam said:

Because they are considered expendable and easily replaceable underclass cheap labour in this woefully degrading class tier wealth-poverty system. Their deaths are not uncommon and will not make news headlines.  The wealthy elite can sit smug in their condos looking out at their views in ignorant bliss of those who may have perished.  Rinse and repeat all over South East Asia and other third world countries.  

Yep  :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, connda said:

Back in the 1980s I watched construction workers erect bamboo scaffolding used to work on high-rise  building in Hong Kong.  That's the day I understand that OSHA was an anomaly and what I was watching was reality throughout most of the 'developing' world.  And even to this day as I see the conditions construction workers and electrical line workers in Asia work under.  All the OSHA-type safety laws are well and dandy - but they add a significant cost that the average Asian business isn't going to absorb. 

Due to the major construction projects leading up to the handover, there were plenty of jobs (jobs aplenty) for Gweilo expats in HK during the 80s.

As such I did an OSHA safety supervisor's course for the construction business.

It was a mixed class with about half of the class being expats and although most of the Brits (myself included) only attended a few times and spent most of the course time 'on the wag' in the Galley Bar (Jardine House), absolutely nobody failed the course.

Getting those projects finished before the Red Dawn marched over the border was the priority.

BTW, safety rules for the bamboo scaffolding was part of the course.

17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

As far as I can tell they are using standard rappelling techniques for this kind of work,

I know a Frenchman and yes this is his job in France, he uses the same technique, and he earns good money. He also teaches Bungy Jumping 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tug said:

What a malicious thing to do,I am curious as to were his rope was secured perhaps it was done out of ignorance and not maliciously all that beeing said happy to know no one was killed

How could it be done out of ignorance ? she lived 5 floors below lent out and cut the safety  rope, occupants of the building were notified that work was being carried out.

20 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Next to me, they are building a new condo.

Scaffolding is ridiculous and those guys walk around on them without any safety equipment and often just in flip flops. I am surprised that we don't hear every day that someone just falls off.

But as long as they are wearing unstrapped hard hats and a high vis vest its OK it seems ???? . I often see a group of construction site workers wearing the above along with flip flops , then welding with sunglasses and grinding metal without any protection , not to mention the scary scaffolding . 

I have never seen high rise window cleaners using ropes in the UK cos they are in cradles suspended by wires from an electrical winch . The UK does use rope access in certain jobs and the operators are well qualified and on good wages . I used to subcontract work to steeplejacks who always had a safety backup in there work scope , totally professional and you could not pay me enough to do their job . 

8 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What I would like to know is WHY she did it, all I can think of is that the rope was banging on the window, annoying her, and without any thought of safety to the worker, cut the rope in an act of selfish, arrogant, annoyance. 

It's possible the guy was looking at her through the windows as she stepped out of the shower, or as she was sleeping or something else private.

4 minutes ago, bbko said:

It's possible the guy was looking at her through the windows as she stepped out of the shower

From 5 floors above ? And all Residents were informed of work being carried out, don't leave anything on your balcony and lock the door they were told.

Edited by brianthainess

23 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

''Police say they have evidence aplenty''

You just don't see the word 'aplenty' used enough these days. That has cheered me up for reasons I cannot explain.

My thoughts too.   I may have not bothered with paint on a rope  but on seeing aplenty I just had to view , I am still smiling aplenty.

• Thanks 1