When will nightlife in Pattaya open?

juiso

11 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why is Covid not ripping through supermarkets local fresh markets etc, more people congregate in them than they do in bars. 
I haven’t read anywhere a supermarket has closed because Covid ripped through it.

Because what happens in gogo bars between customers and staff (especially outside of the bar later in the evening) is a whole lot more risky than what happens between customers and staff in a supermarket. Further, what's the best most gogo bar staff will NOT be wearing facemasks whereas those in supermarkets do.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:21 AM, superal said:

It really is or was an adult venue and should remain so . There are plenty of other places to encourage family holidays .  So careful Thailand cos you may lose this lucrative adult tourism to other Asian countries .

While I agree with your sentiment, the problem is it is smack bang in the middle of the EEC so the government want it gone. 

• Confused 3

On 10/23/2021 at 5:18 PM, CamaroZL1 said:

Whilst i agree to most you have said and dont think this high season will be much of a high season, but as from the 1st of November Australian citizens who have been fully vaccinated can travel overseas and return with no restrictions or need for exemption

You want to know how many of my Aussie friends are thinking of traveling overseas? ...ZERO, While yes the Australian government are expected to remove restrictions in november those restrictions can be brought back at ANY time. Meaning if you are overseas then you could be stuck there for months if not years again if all the restrictions are put back in place not to mention the cost of flying right now is extremely expensive. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Salerno said:

No doubt he does; do you know what he meant by EEC given we are on a Thai centric forum?

Pattaya is tourist spot aimed at adults and has been for many years , it is not an industrialised area as such  . The EEC being a concept to bring innovative ideas to Thailand's industries , not tourism . It is a place to relax ,rest and have a holiday not to get involved with industrial matters .

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 7:31 PM, mstevens said:

All it needs is for Covid to rip through one of the bigger, popular bars and there will be a knee-jerk reaction from the authorities and bars will be closed.

This happened on Samui.

Better only allow small bars to open.

On 10/24/2021 at 9:30 PM, madmen said:

There are reports that walking st and soi 6 bars will not have liquer licence renewed this year and that does fit in with this governments anti alcohol and anti sleaze agenda 

Also heard from my ex, who owns a bar on Soi Made in Thailand that the owner is selling the land. All bar owners have been told to empty the bars.

8 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

Bars, booze and girls. Is that all you guys every think about? Maybe concentrate on getting the Thai population vaccinated first. Otherwise no girls for you sex tourists and boozers to play with. Maybe get vaccinated yourself might help matters just a bit also.

Most of us Pattaya Expats got done ages ago...... I was double jabbed by the beginning of September. We are not involved in the process of getting the Thai population vaccinated.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leaver said:

Most have said to me they will not be back in Pattaya this coming high season for a few reasons, mainly:

1)   the covid situation is not stable in Thailand at the moment. (they are all fully vaccinated)

To me, this is the primary reason why it's not a good time to return at this time - and it probably won't be for another several months. The situation is fluid and anything could happen. I remain firmly of the belief that when the bars do reopen and tourists do return that due to the nature of the industry whereby customers and staff are if very close contact that Covid will rip through the bars.....and the Thai government's propensity for knee-jerk reactions could see bars closed. There's just no certainty.

10 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

This song makes me want to sit at a bar and take it all in. The music, the noise, the smell, the dim light, the buzz from the first drink......

Stop it.... I hadn't missed it for a few days until that!

On 10/28/2021 at 3:23 PM, Leaver said:

I have recently spoken to a few friends, who are in various different countries. 

Most have said to me they will not be back in Pattaya this coming high season for a few reasons, mainly:

1)   the covid situation is not stable in Thailand at the moment. (they are all fully vaccinated)

2)  due to the covid situation not being stable they fear being locked out of their home country or locked into Thailand.

3)  they are waiting for Pattaya to rebuild some nightlife.

4)  they are waiting for the girls to return.

On the basis of the above, I can't see much of a 2021 / 22 high season at all.    

I only personally know one visitor who has arrived here in the last four months. 

But I know five so far who have booked for November and December. I am aware of a lot of pent-up demand from ghetto regulars in Pattaya and think the busy season here might not be a total wash. 

Edited by rott
Grammar

On 10/29/2021 at 1:30 AM, mstevens said:

To me, this is the primary reason why it's not a good time to return at this time - and it probably won't be for another several months. The situation is fluid and anything could happen. I remain firmly of the belief that when the bars do reopen and tourists do return that due to the nature of the industry whereby customers and staff are if very close contact that Covid will rip through the bars.....and the Thai government's propensity for knee-jerk reactions could see bars closed. There's just no certainty.

Since the world discovered that despite being vaccinated you can still catch covid and still spread covid, and the fact no vaccine is not 100% effective, post covid, in a 80% population vaccinated society, it then becomes a matter of hospital capacity.  

Fully vaccinated people are still getting sick, some very sick, with some of the very sick still dying.  

For Thailand's hospital capacity to even go near coping with the numbers, it would need at least 80% vaccinated, with 90% preferable, as we are seeing in other countries now with the vaccination of children also.

I see your point.  Many tourist will know covid is going to "rip through" Thailand's tourist areas, in the same way it is quickly spreading through the fully vaccinated countries. 

It's possible many tourists will wait to see the Thai government's reaction to high sickness numbers and deaths in their vaccinated population. 

As you suggest, they may order future lock downs and border closures to let the hospitals keep pace with admissions.    

We all know how the Thai government doesn't like any information or media reports that are negative towards Thailand's tourism industry, which may well cause the knee jerk reaction you suggest may happen.   

40 minutes ago, rott said:

I only personally know one visitor who has arrived here in the last four months. 

But I know five so far who have booked for November and December. I am aware of a lot of pent-up demand from ghetto regulars in Pattaya and think the busy season here might not be a total wash. 

Time will tell if whoever does arrive for high season, is enough to make the businesses here that have survived as busy as if it was a proper high season.