When will nightlife in Pattaya open?

juiso

1 minute ago, freedomnow said:

They are trying to break the back of this culture and excessive drinking from the top tiers on the back of C-19. In fact there are multiple things being brought in on back of C-19 globally that may be normalised that could be used quite sinisterly by future China style governments.

But economic reality will prevail...the pole polishing will be back !

You're referring to Go-Go bar poles, yes? ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Even if all the bars were to open, you think this high season would be saved....You really think tons of people would choose to travel overseas in the current climate. Chinese are still forbidden from leaving china, Aussies still cannot leave and most westerners too afraid to leave anyways. At best it would be a small trickle of people coming in.

Whilst i agree to most you have said and dont think this high season will be much of a high season, but as from the 1st of November Australian citizens who have been fully vaccinated can travel overseas and return with no restrictions or need for exemption

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Why are Phuket bars open?

Apparently, Phuket got some sort of permission because they were open to tourists.

The vast majority of people will watch and wait to see how this all pans out over the next few months.

I hope the entertainment sector at least opens on 1st December to get any sort of high or survival season.

If it doesn't even more will throw the towel in. Very sad.

Phuket was the guinea pig, it seems to have panned out ok.

Remember the ease to control Phuket as compared to anywhere on the main land.

• Like 1

Last time I looked, Thailand was due to hit 70% vaccinated by late November, so I am guessing the date of the 1st December would be right.

Of course,  the Delta variant means more than 70% is preferable, but hey, Money Number One.   

All it needs is for Covid to rip through one of the bigger, popular bars and there will be a knee-jerk reaction from the authorities and bars will be closed.

The Delta variant spreads so easily and the nature of the bar industry makes it a most fertile breeding ground.

It is not my intention to be negative or overly pessimistic but I do wonder how the bars will cope given it's an environment where Covid will thrive.

Close and at times intimate contact between customers and bar staff means Covid will run through the bars fast. How will bar staff / customers / government officials respond when that happens - and it will happen!

How will you feel if you read a headline alone the lines of "25 staff and 8 customers in A1 Bar on Walking Street infected with Covid19, spread suspected in other bars"?

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope very soon. Those poor poor ladyboy gangs, scam artists and jet ski mafia operators have been in such dire straits trying to find people to rob, beat up and rip off. How will those beach chair/umbrella hawkers realize the 1,000% profit they were promised by the "Public Beach" mafia that "rented" them state owned property? It truly breaks my heart to think about the entire line of knock-off, fake Rolex watch makers, shippers and peddlers being starved out of existence.

I do so long for the days of yore when tuk-tuk drivers entertained prospective passengers with random machete fights and gang beat downs of the occasional drunk tourist that refused them an extra 10 baht.

And OMG!, What's that smell? Is that Air?!? Where's the motor fume filled airways we have all come to love and adore that goes so hand-in-hand with the pristine beach and never ending road construction?

Aw, but I'm just preaching to the choir, aren't I? :wai:

Edited by mrwebb8825
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, userabcd said:

We all know what type of nightlife, hopefully never, Pattaya can then start cleaning up the place.

Pffff implying you came here for something else. What remains after its “cleaned up”? A bunch of dilapidated shop houses, hole in the wall restaurants, and a crusty beach. 

Oh boy. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

having a cold beer in one hand and a hot girl in the other is something I truly look forward to.

So, tell us, do you still taste your "Mate" that was balls-to-chin deep in that "Hot Girl's" mouth the night before when kissing her? Do you picture his hairy <deleted> hovering in front of her face as you're going in for that kiss? Do you ever feel the occasional pubic hair lodged in a back molar tickling your tongue or she "different"? ????????

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

What remains after its “cleaned up”? A bunch of dilapidated shop houses, hole in the wall restaurants, and a crusty beach.

He may be implying that it would be nice for a change to visit those very places without stepping in raw sewage spills or sticking to the sidewalk as you walk by.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

So, tell us, do you still taste your "Mate" that was balls-to-chin deep in that "Hot Girl's" mouth the night before when kissing her? Do you picture his hairy <deleted> hovering in front of her face as you're going in for that kiss? Do you ever feel the occasional pubic hair lodged in a back molar tickling your tongue or she "different"? ????????

No.... but at least I got a go between!

22 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

That's another date from him in a long list of failed predictions.

It will be preceded by a relaxation on restaurants serving drinks I expect..... then in Pattaya places will all be declaring themselves restaurants and what are really bars will be opening. I really expect the restaurant restrictions to go soon.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I hope very soon. Those poor poor ladyboy gangs, scam artists and jet ski mafia operators have been in such dire straits trying to find people to rob, beat up and rip off. How will those beach chair/umbrella hawkers realize the 1,000% profit they were promised by the "Public Beach" mafia that "rented" them state owned property? It truly breaks my heart to think about the entire line of knock-off, fake Rolex watch makers, shippers and peddlers being starved out of existence.

I do so long for the days of yore when tuk-tuk drivers entertained prospective passengers with random machete fights and gang beat downs of the occasional drunk tourist that refused them an extra 10 baht.

And OMG!, What's that smell? Is that Air?!? Where's the motor fume filled airways we have all come to love and adore that goes so hand-in-hand with the pristine beach and never ending road construction?

Aw, but I'm just preaching to the choir, aren't I? :wai:

You know something?  I'd forgotten just how much I miss about the pre-covid world until you reminded me how wonderful Pattaya can be. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What might swing a December reopening is a low rate of arrivals during November and maybe more importantly a low rate of forward bookings for Dec/Jan/Feb. Allowing restaurants to serve alcohol again from Nov 15th might give a glimmer hope for some form of opening by maybe mid-December.

Personally I don't see too much more risk in drinking in an open air venue as opposed to attending a mass gathering event attracting thousands like the Pattaya Music Festival.    

• Like 1

19 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Even if all the bars were to open, you think this high season would be saved....You really think tons of people would choose to travel overseas in the current climate. Chinese are still forbidden from leaving china, Aussies still cannot leave and most westerners too afraid to leave anyways. At best it would be a small trickle of people coming in.

And of that small trickle that may come, why would they come to Pattaya? There is absolutely nothing for tourists to do and not even a decent beach. The very few will probably find better things to see and do in Thailand. Getting back to normal is not like turning a faucet back on. The industry has been destroyed and it will probably take a decade to return to "normal", if ever.

However, if nightlife is not important, Pattaya is better than ever as a retirement location. The buses are gone and traffic flows.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, FalangJaiDee said:

Pffff implying you came here for something else. What remains after its “cleaned up”? A bunch of dilapidated shop houses, hole in the wall restaurants, and a crusty beach. 

Oh boy. 

Pfffft actually really did come to Thailand for some other reason than what you seem to be implying, it was called work.

Edited by userabcd

3 hours ago, Andycoops said:

That's another date from him in a long list of failed predictions.

Exactly, the bar owners who put themselves out there in front of the camera need to keep their overseas customer base engaged and clinging to the hope they can get here for their winter break, and as their record over the last year shows they are the last group of people likely to offer a realistic outlook. Once people give up and book an alternative that's them had it for another year, I'm sure they realise we're close to that stage now.

12 hours ago, mstevens said:

All it needs is for Covid to rip through one of the bigger, popular bars and there will be a knee-jerk reaction from the authorities and bars will be closed.

The Delta variant spreads so easily and the nature of the bar industry makes it a most fertile breeding ground.

It is not my intention to be negative or overly pessimistic but I do wonder how the bars will cope given it's an environment where Covid will thrive.

Close and at times intimate contact between customers and bar staff means Covid will run through the bars fast. How will bar staff / customers / government officials respond when that happens - and it will happen!

How will you feel if you read a headline alone the lines of "25 staff and 8 customers in A1 Bar on Walking Street infected with Covid19, spread suspected in other bars"?

Why is Covid not ripping through supermarkets local fresh markets etc, more people congregate in them than they do in bars. 
I haven’t read anywhere a supermarket has closed because Covid ripped through it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

No need to wait on "the night before", I can "taste my Mate" while we sandwich that Hot Girl. It is so fortunate for you that every "girlfriend" you've ever had was a virgin.

10 hours ago, kinyara said:

Exactly, the bar owners who put themselves out there in front of the camera need to keep their overseas customer base engaged and clinging to the hope they can get here for their winter break, and as their record over the last year shows they are the last group of people likely to offer a realistic outlook. Once people give up and book an alternative that's them had it for another year, I'm sure they realise we're close to that stage now.

I agree. 

Also, I think quite a few of them will be hoping to sell, as they would have had 2 years with no profits, and key money and a new lease is looming, which they probably can not afford, or don't want to dip into their savings, again, to pay for the bar. 

It will be interesting to see if the post covid pump and dump works.    

29 minutes ago, madmen said:

There are reports that walking st and soi 6 bars will not have liquer licence renewed this year and that does fit in with this governments anti alcohol and anti sleaze agenda 

I took a walk down Soi 6 for the first time for a few months last week and I was surprised how many for sale/for rent signs were up. Kind of thought the Nightwish Group had just about all the places.

• Thanks 1