Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

snoop1130

6 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Me, too. So far only finding the 100k policies.

Share one!

The requirement was only changed recently wasn't it.... it will take time to put new policies out into the public domain.  A 100k one will work if you are in a hurry. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:14 PM, Danderman123 said:

It's very likely that the app will ask what countries you have been in during the last 21 days. 

Got hold of the consul of our Hon. Thai consulate. No problem to fly from another country of the 46 countries IF you come from another country on this list. I can fly from "next door". 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, toolpush said:

Please share the source(s) of said data

Why don't you "do your own research" as so many anti-vaxxers like to suggest? You could start with a google search for something like "chance of infection after covid vaccine". 

• Like 2

Hello,

Must i book for an ASQ hotel for a week for Bangkok Sandbox ? (Fully vacinated, but not flying from a low-risk country. Got to stay in Bangkok for a week before travelling somewhere else.)

Booking a SHA+ hotel package for 7 days is not possible ? I think it will be cheaper than an ASQ hotel, as i don't need 3 meals etc. included.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, mahsn said:

Hello,

Must i book for an ASQ hotel for a week for Bangkok Sandbox ? (Fully vacinated, but not flying from a low-risk country. Got to stay in Bangkok for a week before travelling somewhere else.)

Booking a SHA+ hotel package for 7 days is not possible ? I think it will be cheaper than an ASQ hotel, as i don't need 3 meals etc. included.

Thank you.

I have the exact same question. If you read the wording in English (granted, the translation could have been messed up) you need to stay in the Sandbox (Bangkok) for one week but you only need to be confined in your hotel until the results of your PCR test on arrival.  Then you need to stay an additional 6 nights at the same hotel (this makes no sense) and get tested on day 6 or 7 - BUT you can go anywhere in Bangkok and not be in quarantine.   Hopefully, this will get clarified soon. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, snoop1130 said:

unless Thailand was the original departure point,

Does this mean for example, we could in theory go to Malaysia from Thailand and get a marriage mult entry visa, and not have to stay there for 21 days, and come back here with just 1 nights quarantine? Am I understanding it correctly? Not sure of Malaysian quarantine procedures though. 

Edited by leeedwards

11 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

It's 6 hours in reality

We'll see. Seems like it will depend on when you land, when you get to the hotel, when the swabbing staff get to you, and how quick the turn-around is (esp meaning do that do all of that before you have to book another night).