Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

snoop1130

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Visitors must have spent 21 consecutive days in those countries beforehand

Looking at the list of countries (Britain, UK, China) that should ensure just enough time for everyone to catch covid before flying ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, charmonman said:

data apparently show that the vaccinated are 90% less likely to become infected, and even if infected far less likely to infect others.

I don't believe it. Runs contrary to the Israeli study. Boosters are BS.

Where's the link to a creditable source?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, JCP108 said:

So, it's "quarantine-free" and we are "exempt from quarantine" but we have to quarantine for one to two nights on arrival. Am I understanding that correctly? 

That pretty close, but if the Thai equipment or operator happens to make mistake and find you positive!  then of course Quarantine time could be extended. TIT.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The topic is tourism and rules  relating to opening up to it. 

I have no knowledge of the risk level involved of something not yet implemented. Baby steps to start maybe best. 

No man, you don't get it. Migrant workers from Burma and probably Laos and Cambodia have been crossing the border with Thailand the whole time the country was, LOL, in "lockdown".

They are the reason Covid is everywhere in Thailand right now (starting with Cambodian prostitutes joining hi-so parties in Bangkok, if I remember correctly)

Wake up dude! All these rules and requirements do absolutely nothing in terms of protecting the public. They're just extra taxes the thai government is imposing on the only people who can afford them, people coming from rich countries. Well, that, and the usual rhetoric: "locals are fine but those dirty foreigners will kill us all".... except their locals are not fine because more and more cases are cropping up and they're still behind with vaccinations (not to mention some were vaccinated with Sinovac...

The whole situation is sad, and it's also sad that some people who should know better are buying the government propaganda.

Honestly, I'm just trying to go back to marry my girlfriend, otherwise I would never, ever even consider going back to Thailand. Their whole management of this crisis is nothing but a fraudulent, xenophobic joke.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, island coconut said:

Fools. Covid will explode here soon...

Really? But if it does it's because of all those Thai residents who travel domestically and are not yet vaccinated rather than the vaccinated foreigners, as the likelihood they catch Covid is 10x smaller, and the likelihood that a infected vaccinated tourist is transmitting the disease is 10x smaller too.

18 hours ago, Shuya said:

So its  ok if you travel from Thailand to a high-risk country for 20 days and come back without quarantine?

I suggest you read the op again, slowly this time.

Hint: no quarantine is for arrivals from LOW RISK countries. 

The 21 days minimum stay in low risk countries is to make sure people who live in other countries don't go for a couple of days to a low risk country in order to avoid quarantine here. 

18 hours ago, island coconut said:

Fools. Covid will explode here soon...

I'm not worried about covid as I had it already and got antibodies against covid now with papers from hospital to prove it , so I am immune against covid take no notice what papers or government say , when you got antibodies against covid you are immune for life , you have probably got antibodies now go check , authorities are just letting in fully vaccinated people those people can spread the virus  , they can get the virus and they can die from the virus it makes me laugh just letting in people who can do that , while natural immune people and unvaccinated cannot come it should be the other way round .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Benmart said:

"You have no right to critise or make gloomy predictions without offering a better solution.". Re-read what you posted. It sounds like you are in charge of the printed word. 

ironic, "he  has  no right" but you do in this reply. Gotta  laugh, sorry

17 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

Excuse me.   As long as the poster follows  the rules of this forum, he has as much right to offer an opinion as you have.

Yes, as long as they are truthful about their opinions and not just trolling.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Humm. Ok whatever. Everywhere it’s asked are you vaccinated. Not have you (been careless enough)to get covid.  Non vaxxed. …then stay away from me, my family , my pool,  btw. You can get covid again ….

So could you, even if vacced two times and had a booster.  Ask yourself WHY do you need a booster? It's to strenghten your immunity as are the vaccs - which are NOT vacccines that prevent you ever catching Covid..  That could happen in the future given time for medical science to develop a life-long vaccine.

That's the reality.

And if I have natural immunity it's not likely I'll be contagious or pass it on to you, your family or your pool would it.? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Myself, I like the part about ‘unless you are returning directly from thailand’ part.. that to me makes it now possible for shorter family visits overseas and even business trips they don’t HAVE TO be 21 days or more longer to be eligible… 

For me, when i go back to the US, I tend to make my trips roughy around 2 weeks.. so allowing those who came right from Thailand to be eligible is a big plus.

In theory, i could now make trips to visit friends - who all reside on one of the currently-listed countries - and stay for only a few days, and be eligible for return to Thailand under this program.

What Id be interested to see is at what price point will the various common insurers be setting premiums for USD$50k policies as that seems to be the magical number now; not USD$100k as is now. 

Lastly, while there appears to be no full/formal list of eligible hotels for the one-night-waiting just yet, it would be interesting to see how that prices out.  I’d reasonably guess that there will be a range of hotels; so a range of prices for that part, but what about the test itself.. Under the ASQ package system, if you broke it down, the medical component was a fairly large percentage of the total ASQ price - so it will be interesting to see how these one-night-waiting rates shape up. 

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

If they realy wanted tourists  back  offer FREE  insurance and FREE  tests

By saying "they" I presume you mean the unelected PM and his soldiers.

"offer FREE  insurance and FREE  tests"

Where do you think the brown envelopes are going to come from if they did that? ???? Oh! Wait! There's still the quarantine hotels, maybe they should make them free as well.

18 hours ago, Neilly said:

Until that is cast in stone (very unlikely of that happening!) tourists will spend their hard earned cash elsewhere 

But but but tourist have been coming without entertainment. I see a few walking around CM

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Tested  or  assuming? beacsue Ive spoken to two  people whi said theyve  had it............both not tested  so took it for what it was ie meaningless

If you could have seen the effects that my immune system had to fight off, you wouldn't be so quick off the mark.  Constently tired, feel like living in a fridge for three days with no clothes on, loss of sense of smell and taste, and a (arm/leg) skin attack that lasted two weeks. It wasn't flu or dengue, that's for sure.  

My low systolic blood pressure rose from 110 to 140 for about ten days - and for those unfortunates who have higher 'normal' initial readings, it's no wonder they get hospitalised. 

As for being tested, It's not my style to ever rely on these makeshift ones until the results have been tried and tested for many months as being accurate.    

1 hour ago, Chad3000 said:

What tripe.

Bet you have three booster shots already.

Koh Tao is one island that has had several unexplained and horrific foreign deaths over the last few years - it's run by influential mafia families who are above the law. That is why it's known as Death island. Look it up on Google.

So it's not surprising they'd try and prosper from overcharging visitors - more important than their protection from Covid - that's if they need it - they have probably had had dozens of booster shots. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Swampy999 said:

Thailand, one of the Asia-Pacific's most popular tourist destinations, has for the past 18 months enforced strict pandemic entry rules? Yep, and the moon is made of cheese ????????

So you are saying Thailand hasn't enforced strict pandemic entry rules for the last 18 months?   What on earth are you on about?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

Yes, a few hanging on using covid as excuse but that was last April.

Started seeing a few broke ass tourist cum long stayers in my area now. Can lump those guys in with *the great unwashed*. One 60 year old fat tourist walking hand in hand with a rental half his age to MRT. Awww true love.

No problem ,just true love.

7 hours ago, malibukid said:

the beaches and food on Bali are far better, the people generally less xenophobic.  i live there part of the year.  also surf that Thailand can only dream of fantastic restaurants. no sex tourism.

I beg to differ that the food on Bali is better. Not in my experience. Although I have to admit that the Bintang beer is a heck of a lot better than it used to be. Years ago, it was worse than Singha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, charmonman said:

The data apparently show that the vaccinated are 90% less likely to become infected, and even if infected far less likely to infect others. So, yes it is a overwhelmingly a problem of the unvaccinated and Thailand is only allowing the vaccinated in without quarantine. Yes, there is a small risk of a vaccinated person being infected and infecting someone else, but do you think the country should be locked down forever?

Please share the source(s) of said data

• Like 1
  • Haha 1