Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

snoop1130

18 hours ago, JackGats said:

Many people think this is because of masks. The flu virus evolved for decades to infect people during unmasked social interaction. It was left high and dry when all of a sudden everybody covered their mouths and noses. It will need a few years to adapt/evolve and get back into the fray.

Flu was not and is not tested for to the same extent as Covid. The fact is no one knows the true extent of flu. asymptomatic flu has never been tested for, covid victims are not tested for flu. You can get 2different viruses at the same time. Fact is that governments have ceased or are suppressing reporting flu statistics because everyone is diverting resources to covid. Flu is probably just as prevalent as Covid but it is ignored because it's not fashionable (believe me the scientific and medical establishment follow the current fashion trends of their professions and those who contradict the opinions of the 'leaders' of the profession tend to be ignored or actively discouraged like the doctor who tried to alert the Chinese authorities to the dangers of covid). Fact, flu is also spread by physical contact, just like covid, flu virus survives on surfaces for up to 72 hours, just like covid, flu mutates, just like covid. The difference is that we have very cheap tried and tested vaccines for flu used all over the world which reduces the death toll considerably. In the early 20th century flu killed hundreds of millions worldwide just like covid. Wearing a mask doesn't necessarily stop you from getting flu. Perhaps the worst cases of covid are the ones who have contracted covid AND flu at the same time but the flu virus is not tested for.

Edited by RobU
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, toolpush said:

Truthful about an opinion? Do explain that, please.

OK. There is the odd poster who will give you a "like" emot, if you make a comment on a certain subject, then the next time he will give you a "Sad" emo when you give the same sort of comment on the same subject.

To me, that is trolling.

I confess to having NOT read this whole thread so apologies if this has been answered but if I travel from UK to Thailand on Emirates, I change aircraft in Dubai.

So, as UAE is NOT on the list of eligible countries in the OP, is it fair to assume that I do not qualify for this quarantine exemption? Seems obvious that that is the case but as we all know "TIT" ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Koh Tao is one island that has had several unexplained and horrific foreign deaths over the last few years - it's run by influential mafia families who are above the law. That is why it's known as Death island. Look it up on Google.

So it's not surprising they'd try and prosper from overcharging visitors - more important than their protection from Covid - that's if they need it - they have probably had had dozens of booster shots. 

Think too mutt

The boat companies have nothing to do with the shenanigans on the island.

I've been island hopping since 1994 spare me the lecture.

Again. no detail and conflicting with other announcements.  This appears to be Area Quarantine - Sandbox.

What happend to 'Exemption from Quarantine' in the first column below? (originally posted by Bkk Brian)

FCOwh-nVQA4t6pD.jpg.9e093d2d7735f5f536b16a0523bd4b51.jpg

It could of course be down to the reporting/translation - we always blame the government for its confusing statements but what part does the media play in this?

Edited by KhaoYai

1 hour ago, VBF said:

I confess to having NOT read this whole thread so apologies if this has been answered but if I travel from UK to Thailand on Emirates, I change aircraft in Dubai.

So, as UAE is NOT on the list of eligible countries in the OP, is it fair to assume that I do not qualify for this quarantine exemption? Seems obvious that that is the case but as we all know "TIT" ????

UAE is on the list of 46 approved countries, however if you were only transiting you would have been okay too

1. Travel by air from the approved countries. Currently, Thailand has approved quarantine-free entry for arrivals from Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK, USA, and Hong Kong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VBF said:

I certainly hope they don't count transit (as the UK did) through an airport - my flight is also through the UAE - Abu Dhabi.

Edit: Question answered by aussieexpat as I wrote.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, johng said:

If the masks work for flu virus  why do they not work for the Covid virus ?

What you are asking is why masks and social distancing are enough to virtually eliminate the flu, but not Covid. 

Because Covid is more infectious than the flu. 

Which is part of the reason that so many millions have died from Covid-19. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

UAE is on the list of 46 approved countries, however if you were only transiting you would have been okay too

1. Travel by air from the approved countries. Currently, Thailand has approved quarantine-free entry for arrivals from Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK, USA, and Hong Kong.

Thanks ????

My bad...I didn't read the OP properly and missed the reference to 45 countries. I just looked at the paragraph "The eligible countries for quarantine exemption include......" 

I presume 46 is due to the late addition of Canada?

Edited by VBF

On 10/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, RichardColeman said:

Feel free to explain the logic of importing covid free tourists and a covid boom

You do realise that you can take 10 corona virus tests and have a mixture of negative & positive results in those 10 tests?

Brigante7.

• Confused 2

17 minutes ago, VBF said:

Thanks ????

My bad...I didn't read the OP properly and missed the reference to 45 countries. I just looked at the paragraph "The eligible countries for quarantine exemption include......" 

I presume 46 is due to the late addition of Canada?

No, the 45 vs 46 countries is the political debate as to whether listing China means you don't need to list Hong Kong

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Which is part of the reason that so many millions have died from Covid-19. 

No, it's actually the reason why they a person contracts covid. Why a person dies of it is an entirely different matter. 99% don't die. Most don't even get especially ill

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Chad3000 said:

No, it's actually the reason why they a person contracts covid. Why a person dies of it is an entirely different matter. 99% don't die. Most don't even get especially ill

It seems that you are a Covid minimizer.

The OP was insinuating that influenza and Covid are the same, which is obviously false.

what’s your take on the 10% who get Long Covid?

what’s your take on the asymptomatics who get permanent lung scarring?

how about the 10% who go into the hospital but survive after a long stay?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, malibukid said:

the beaches and food on Bali are far better, the people generally less xenophobic.  i live there part of the year.  also surf that Thailand can only dream of fantastic restaurants. no sex tourism.

Yeah yeah yeah but the place is usually full of drunken Ozzies

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It seems that you are a Covid minimizer.

The OP was insinuating that influenza and Covid are the same, which is obviously false.

what’s your take on the 10% who get Long Covid?

what’s your take on the asymptomatics who get permanent lung scarring?

how about the 10% who go into the hospital but survive after a long stay?

Honestly, I don't care.

If my Thai inlaws can survive it well enough so can I.

People that die of covid have co-morbities. Covid deaths (and cases) are a sad joke both inflated and deflated to suit propaganda needs.

While I take precautions, I'm not about to stop living my life because of this illness.

I was just thinking the other day how this virus even DeLTA VaRIeNT® is not half as contagious as we were initially led to believe.

The vaccines other than (for now) fending off more serious illness are largely worthless and the fact that the efficacy / immunity wears off in weeks is just a laff.

None of those vaccine I am aware of are fully approved by USFDA. All still experimental save for Pfizer which still seems to take it's fair share of lives regardless and now banned in Scandanavia.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cheapcanuck said:

No quarantined hotels. Just normal hotels. Stay in place for a day and they can contact you by phone with results.

What does the announcement or notification published in the Government Gazette say?

I just booked my one night with private transfer from airport and PCR test for 6500. Luckily my flight gets in at 6am so I can get my test early and the result the next morning. My deal comes with a full refund if your PCR test before travel is positive and a full refund if you cancel 7days prior to booking date.

What I was most worried about was there being enough hotel rooms which are able to cater for quarantining passengers, it would seem that there are plenty right now and more hotels are starting to apply. If you can get the type of deal above, I would seriously book it now because with the refund stipulations as they are, you really have a lot to gain and much to loose. Imagine if you were all booked, visa in hand and ready to rock but there were no hotels with quarantine credentials or there were but at astronomical prices. Another worry is they wouldn't have the available staff to go to all the hotels to do the tests.

Noah built the ark before the rain. Chok dee krap ????

19 hours ago, Puccini said:

The only announcement that really counts is the one published in the Government Gazette.

Can somebody post a link to it?

I'd have thought what really counts is what your local Thai embassy publishes on its website. Once your local Thai embassy gives you the greenlight, you're good to go.

59 minutes ago, Chad3000 said:

Honestly, I don't care.

If my Thai inlaws can survive it well enough so can I.

People that die of covid have co-morbities. Covid deaths (and cases) are a sad joke both inflated and deflated to suit propaganda needs.

While I take precautions, I'm not about to stop living my life because of this illness.

I was just thinking the other day how this virus even DeLTA VaRIeNT® is not half as contagious as we were initially led to believe.

The vaccines other than (for now) fending off more serious illness are largely worthless and the fact that the efficacy / immunity wears off in weeks is just a laff.

None of those vaccine I am aware of are fully approved by USFDA. All still experimental save for Pfizer which still seems to take it's fair share of lives regardless and now banned in Scandanavia.

Wow.

How much misinformation can you fit into one post?

is Pfizer banned in Scandinavia? Nope.

Sweden to give 12-15 year olds Pfizer vaccine, rejects Moderna

Are vaccines experimental? Nope. You are confusing Emergency Use Authorization with “experimental “.

is Delta less contagious than originally believed? Nope. It’s more contagious. It caught Thailand by surprise.

Does vaccine immunity wear off in a few weeks? Nope. Even Pfizer only reduces to 50% after six months. Moderna drops by a percent. Moderna protected me from an infection a couple weeks ago, so it’s not worthless.

I always love it when uninformed people choose to display their ignorance here. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

it stands to reason LOS will become the hub  of varants with so many arrivals from all over the world ,it wil have em all eventualy

huh, like every other country who is now letting in double jabbed travelers from specific countries only. As long as enough people are double jabbed and don't get sick, the elderly and sick take extra precautions and we continue the roll out of the 3rd jab, we should just <deleted> let it rip.

I am glad to see the new list of countries, and good luck to the brave travelers who are planning their trips.  If you got your 2 shots and a booster, you should be in good shape, just avoid school zones and places where there are small unvaccinated children.  COVID is after the great unvaccinated, and today there are thousands less red necks around. I still have a few unvaccinated relatives and I have sent them good bye notes that I will not attend their funerals.   Happy Holidays to all the travelers who are going to see boarded up Thailand, and please send back many pictures of the tourist places that have not opened and will never open. I am surprised that some Hollywood  people have not gone to places in Thailand to get some footage of these places for future zombie and apocalypse movies. Missed opportunity.

Geezer

• Haha 1