Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Thailand announced Friday's rules for its quarantine-free reopening to visitors from 45 countries......better

No - Thailand announced on Friday rules for its Quarantine free reopening etc or are you suggesting that they are the rules only for Friday and will more than likely change weekly for some time to come?? 

3 hours ago, darrenr said:

Until,direct flights from Brisbane Australia to Thailand recommence that are not through other Australian states then I won’t be coming ! To many changing rules both in Thailand and back here in Australia , I think I will wait another 6-12 months so I can travel with minimal/potential interruptions to places like Koh Chang 

Singapore Airlines flys daily from Brisbane to Bangkok or Phuket without going via any other Aussie State (transits Singapore)

14 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

2. Visitors must have spent 21 consecutive days in those countries beforehand, unless Thailand was the original departure point, and must arrive by plane, among other requirements.

So, does that mean a day trip to Singapore is now theoretically possible? (Apart from no flights, and SG rules, obviously)

45 minutes ago, steevjee said:

Long enough for them to know if you are Covid free apparently, as it's been 3 days since your last test. Most test results should be known within 8 hours so not sure where you get 2 nights from? Also the Sandbox is 2 PCR tests and 7 nights accom' pre booked, so this is better IMO

Hotels charge you for another night if you are not out by a certain time. Say you get to the hotel and check in at 3:00 a.m., their crack swabbing team doesn't get to work until 10:00 a.m., your test result comes back 10 hours later. What if the swabbing staff don't work 24/7 but maybe 10-6? Your result would come back after they are gone for the day. So, you would end up paying for two nights.

Edited by JCP108

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We'll have to live with covid...What do you suggest? Shutting down FOR EVER? All Thailand can do is mass immunization and exercise the controls as they doing. You have no right to critise or make gloomy predictions without offering a better solution.

How right you are! Look at other countries including Australia, USA, UK and others. We all have to learn to live with this awful epidemic and be as careful as possible. We have to find the correct balance between being careful and keeping the country going.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Feel free to explain the logic of importing covid free tourists and a covid boom

From what i read, the PCR test is flawed by nature (they're for DNA analysis while viruses are RMA) and won't reveal incubations, so statistically speaking, tourists are bound to import cases.  Regardless, I say open the country. Covid is yet another viral disease we have to deal with.

Edited by aBigSmile

15 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

What about transportation restrictions? Tried to go to Koh Tao a few weeks ago. They wanted a 3000b PCR test to board the boat.

Koh Tao - death island for foreigners, avoid at all costs. But those who attempt to go there run into lawless scams, as above.  

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Okay lets take a look at Phuket... as you're talking of money.

Money income via a few tourists... stays in the pockets of the chosen SHA hotels.

Locals didn't see any cascade or wealth.

Then the explosion of local infections that the government has to pay for via the health service.

Where's the profit?

Turning money over benefiting hotels , airports , airlines , immigration officers , restaurants etc.  

Health costs could be put down to a government stimulus for the economy .

46 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

No - Thailand announced on Friday rules for its Quarantine free reopening etc or are you suggesting that they are the rules only for Friday and will more than likely change weekly for some time to come?? 

Can't tell if you have no sense of humor or a very good sense of humor.....?

15 hours ago, JCP108 said:

So, it's "quarantine-free" and we are "exempt from quarantine" but we have to quarantine for one to two nights on arrival. Am I understanding that correctly? 

No quarantined hotels. Just normal hotels. Stay in place for a day and they can contact you by phone with results.

Edited by cheapcanuck
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

This is the new Thailand Pass, opens for business on the 1st or 2nd Nov. https://tp.consular.go.th/

Thanks. And for those travelling or wishing to travel from now, up to, and including 1st November, existing COE required. Full refund for excess days promised for those already with COE and arriving on or after 1st November ????

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

not if the locals and we are vacced.  are u vacced?

The vacs are no more than boosting your immune system to diminish any infection and to avoid hospital treatment. You are NOT protected from catching the infection. This is a scientific truth that both governments and big Pharma won't reveal because there's no money to be made.

As for me, I have suffered Covid infection - however, my immune system was strong enough to repel it, despite a couple of weeks being attacked.

I therefore regard natural immunity as being superior to any vaccine, because it resists the whole kit and coboodle the virus would throw at me.  It is my understanding that the vaccines only block the spikes, not the complete attack.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, island coconut said:

Fools. Covid will explode here soon...

Can die from falling coconuts on the head  if fate has it. Covid can explode but if most are vaccinated it should not mean death or serious hospitalization   

7 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

The vacs are no more than boosting your immune system to diminish any infection and to avoid hospital treatment. You are NOT protected from catching the infection. This is a scientific truth that both governments and big Pharma won't reveal because there's no money to be made.

As for me, I have suffered Covid infection - however, my immune system was strong enough to repel it, despite a couple of weeks being attacked.

I therefore regard natural immunity as being superior to any vaccine, because it resists the whole kit and coboodle the virus would throw at me.  It is my understanding that the vaccines only block the spikes, not the complete attack.

Humm. Ok whatever. Everywhere it’s asked are you vaccinated. Not have you (been careless enough)to get covid.  Non vaxxed. …then stay away from me, my family , my pool,  btw. You can get covid again ….

23 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

It never ceases to amaze me how this government is so worried about the foreigner when only 36%-37% of the population in Thailand is fully vaccinated. The government should be more protective of anyone that comes here and what those people might catch and be asymptomatic and take home with them. But not their problem, right?

Hence  offer  free  insurance to show  goodwill/trust......oh wait its  Thailand there is NO trust

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DefaultName said:

This will cause a Covid spike and cost lives.

But.

How many lives is the poverty costing?  How many people dying early because they can't live indoors or eat right?

How many livelihoods, hopes, and dreams have been destroyed?

Keep vaccinating as fast as possible, but it's time to open and get things running again. 

An article posted recently on AN showing the tragic increase in suicides. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/thailand-suicide-covid-19-mental-health-department-director-general-2247011

As you say time to open up. Fortunately it seems the powers that be agree finally agree with this sentiment 

• Like 1

Unless the bars etc are opened I can't imagine many tourists will want to come to Thailand. The govt has to choose, either they want the tourists and the associated covid risks, or they don't want them. There is no middle road that will work.

• Like 2