Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

snoop1130

On 10/22/2021 at 6:24 PM, island coconut said:

Fools. Covid will explode here soon...

Correct welcome to the real world of living with Covid, not to your liking, self-isolate while the rest of us get on with life, listening to doomsayers you would think nobody had ever died before this epidemic. ????????????

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, steven100 said:

so it's damned if you do & damned if you don't.   So what is your suggestion,  close for another year   

Entry with quarantine, 5 days + PCR test. But stop the silly CoE, ThailandPass staff resp. offer a 1 off yes/no instead of 2step process. Ppl will do it when it is easy with concise explanation.

• Like 2

It sounds good at 1st sight. But on closer look still lots of ???

Having to live in a country for 21 days before travelling.

Does this mean I cannot fly out from an airport in a neighboring country?

Live in Austria but closest airport is in Germany 2h away.

Does anybody have any knowledge how to deal with this? 

6 minutes ago, Letseng said:

It sounds good at 1st sight. But on closer look still lots of ???

Having to live in a country for 21 days before travelling.

Does this mean I cannot fly out from an airport in a neighboring country?

Live in Austria but closest airport is in Germany 2h away.

Does anybody have any knowledge how to deal with this? 

It's very likely that the app will ask what countries you have been in during the last 21 days. 

7 hours ago, bangkokbonecollector said:

I just booked my one night with private transfer from airport and PCR test for 6500. Luckily my flight gets in at 6am so I can get my test early and the result the next morning. My deal comes with a full refund if your PCR test before travel is positive and a full refund if you cancel 7days prior to booking date.

What I was most worried about was there being enough hotel rooms which are able to cater for quarantining passengers, it would seem that there are plenty right now and more hotels are starting to apply. If you can get the type of deal above, I would seriously book it now because with the refund stipulations as they are, you really have a lot to gain and much to loose. Imagine if you were all booked, visa in hand and ready to rock but there were no hotels with quarantine credentials or there were but at astronomical prices. Another worry is they wouldn't have the available staff to go to all the hotels to do the tests.

Noah built the ark before the rain. Chok dee krap ????

Is private transfer mandatory? No Airport Link or MRT allowed not even Grab? I was planning on going all the way to a hotel near Chinatown by public transportation. Getting there and being forced to book an overpriced transfer on the spot wouldn't be a great start.

Edited by VictorInBKK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to CAAT guidance travellers who are exempt from quarantine (from 1Nov) need $50k min insurance...but from a Thai company. If correct it seems like an unnecessary obstacle for travellers from outside Thailand to insist they use a Thai company

https://twitter.com/SiobhanRobbins/status/1451908122759479306

It’s worse for those of us living here who already have health insurance. If we leave Thailand for more than 21 days we would have to buy additional insurance as specified from a Thai company for every day we live here - could be B20,000 - B30,000 for a full year.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Does vaccine immunity wear off in a few weeks? Nope. Even Pfizer only reduces to 50% after six months. Moderna drops by a percent. Moderna protected me from an infection a couple weeks ago, so it’s not worthless.

There is NO current vac immunity from Covid; by strengthening the immune system today's vaccs merely reduce the odds of becoming infected, and prevents the worst effects that could lead to hospitalization.

After suffering Covid, and recovering well, without long term effects, natural immunity is far superior than having to risk having booster vac shots every few months. I say risk, because the immune system, by being constantly under 'attack', could be adversely affected. 

The most at risk to themselves and others are none vaccinated, non/never-infected people who for various reasons choose to reject being vaccinated. 

Stop the fearmongering about the virus

Stop all the pointless testing

and the future will be bleak again in Thailand.

The countries with little or no restrictions like Sweden, South Korea, now also Denmark, Norway etc. were doing best during and after this 'pandemic'. Why not taking an example from them instead of the country ruled by a geriatric and paranoid Pfizer employee?

On 10/22/2021 at 6:37 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

We'll have to live with covid...What do you suggest? Shutting down FOR EVER? All Thailand can do is mass immunization and exercise the controls as they doing. You have no right to critise or make gloomy predictions without offering a better solution.

hopefully not forever    and we dont have to live with covid  ..   lots of solutions have been introduced but nobody has followed through on them  gov needs to get quality vacc to people and jabbed  people need to wear masks  

and yes we do have a right to criticize ,  that is how we get things done ..and gloomy predictions are what help us with the anti science idiots ...     i will NEVER agree that we ignore covid deaths over economy   that is just stupid 

the above is for thailand ... i have tons more to say about  usa uk etc but i will save that for reddit 

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Wow.

How much misinformation can you fit into one post?

is Pfizer banned in Scandinavia? Nope.

Sweden to give 12-15 year olds Pfizer vaccine, rejects Moderna

Are vaccines experimental? Nope. You are confusing Emergency Use Authorization with “experimental “.

is Delta less contagious than originally believed? Nope. It’s more contagious. It caught Thailand by surprise.

Does vaccine immunity wear off in a few weeks? Nope. Even Pfizer only reduces to 50% after six months. Moderna drops by a percent. Moderna protected me from an infection a couple weeks ago, so it’s not worthless.

I always love it when uninformed people choose to display their ignorance here. 

So lol.

2 hours ago, pepi2005 said:

Stop the fearmongering about the virus

Stop all the pointless testing

and the future will be bleak again in Thailand.

The countries with little or no restrictions like Sweden, South Korea, now also Denmark, Norway etc. were doing best during and after this 'pandemic'. Why not taking an example from them instead of the country ruled by a geriatric and paranoid Pfizer employee?

Let’s go through your examples:

Denmark and Norway had heavy restrictions during the pandemic. South Korea has completely shut the country from the outside.

Only Sweden didn’t lock down, with very poor results, more deaths than its neighbors combined.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, VictorInBKK said:

Is private transfer mandatory? No Airport Link or MRT allowed not even Grab? I was planning on going all the way to a hotel near Chinatown by public transportation. Getting there and being forced to book an overpriced transfer on the spot wouldn't be a great start.

Sorry I was not clear. The private airport transfer is part of the price and is laid on directly by my hotel. So for 6500 I get private airport transfer, 3 meals, PCR test and one night two days stay. Not too bad of a deal if you ask me.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:27 PM, aussiexpat said:

Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

2. Visitors must have spent 21 consecutive days in those countries beforehand, unless Thailand was the original departure point, and must arrive by plane, among other requirements.

Anyone know the 'rule' if Thailand was the original departure point?   I'm okay with 3 week+ holidays but would be nice if we could take shorter trips as well and still come back to the 1 night in 'PCR test wait.'  

On 10/22/2021 at 6:39 PM, itsari said:

Money

For the confused members of my one worded reply of money I wish to explain that Thailand is becoming more desperate each day as the tourism cash cow has stopped . 

Forget the sandbox please , just a drop in the ocean .

The largest players in Thailand are now being affected by the shutdown . 

Now things are becoming desperate , hence open up at all costs on the 1st of November .

• Like 1

Some posts and replies trolling about the flu have been removed.

A post with a video from an unapproved YouTube source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source.

Some other troll posts and replies have been removed. 

5 hours ago, Heng said:

Anyone know the 'rule' if Thailand was the original departure point?   I'm okay with 3 week+ holidays but would be nice if we could take shorter trips as well and still come back to the 1 night in 'PCR test wait.'  

No problem, as long as you left Thailand for one of the 46 countries on the list.

15 hours ago, anchadian said:

According to CAAT guidance travellers who are exempt from quarantine (from 1Nov) need $50k min insurance...but from a Thai company. If correct it seems like an unnecessary obstacle for travellers from outside Thailand to insist they use a Thai company

It’s worse for those of us living here who already have health insurance. If we leave Thailand for more than 21 days we would have to buy additional insurance as specified from a Thai company for every day we live here - could be B20,000 - B30,000 for a full year.

I'm so done with the corruption in Thailand.  I'm not supporting a Thai company for travel insurance.  It's bloody ridiculous.  

15 hours ago, anchadian said:

Information has since been corrected and updated

https://twitter.com/sangrattanee?lang=en