1 Night AQ Pricing for "Quarantine Free Entry"

14 hours ago, thaiman said:

Instead of sharing a van with others, how can you arrange for private taxi from airport?  How much is it?

If you want to insist on travelling alone you can pay extra, I think 1,500 from some hotels

One hotel told me I will travel alone in taxi, however If I want to wait to share I can ????

However, once you arrive at BKK, they driver won’t know he’ll tell you to get in with the rest of the passengers, you have a choice to wait for 2nd transport, or jump in and then worry yourself sick until you’re released next day

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bolt said:

If you want to insist on travelling alone you can pay extra, I think 1,500 from some hotels

One hotel told me I will travel alone in taxi, however If I want to wait to share I can ????

However, once you arrive at BKK, they driver won’t know he’ll tell you to get in with the rest of the passengers, you have a choice to wait for 2nd transport, or jump in and then worry yourself sick until you’re released next day

Would you need to arrange the private transportation with the hotel or could you do so once you are on the ground at the airport?

8 hours ago, bolt said:

What hotel is this?

This is against regulations, and can cause a lot of problems.

They can lose their SHA+ approval over recommendations like that if they are in Bangkok, as it clearly breaks the Ministry of Public Health's protocols.

If you do not use the arranged transportation they have to report this.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

15 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

What hotel is this?

This is against regulations, and can cause a lot of problems.

They can lose their SHA+ approval over recommendations like that if they are in Bangkok, as it clearly breaks the Ministry of Public Health's protocols.

If you do not use the arranged transportation they have to report this.

I’ve spoken to 2 hotels

One said I have to share, but I have to pay extra if I want to taxi alone.

and

one said I will taxi alone, but can share if I want.

Thai style "why U worry too mutt"

1 hour ago, bolt said:

I’ve spoken to 2 hotels

One said I have to share, but I have to pay extra if I want to taxi alone.

and

one said I will taxi alone, but can share if I want.

Thai style "why U worry too mutt"

I talked to several hotels and they said that maximum 3 persons per car.  It really depends on when you arrive and if there happen to be any other people who arrive at the same time that are booked into the same hotel, then it will be a shared ride.  So if lucky, can be alone in the car.

We are happy to announce that we now have 107 Test & Go partners on our platform.

Our team is also offer expedited services for Thailand Pass applications if you don't wish to bother with learning about how to submit, or worry about approval times.

If you are already aware of the Thailand Pass application process, and have enough lead-time we advise submitting on your own for FREE. But if you want to hire the AQ.in.th team with this type of assistance then please submit a request HERE. If you provide the correct documents from the start the average approved time through this service is 12-48 hours, and you can read the reviews HERE.

There was a recent rebranding of SHA+ hotels which have hospital partners that can provide the RT-PCR tests.

They are now called SHA++ (or SHA EXTRA PLUS).

All of the hotels on our platform under the Bangkok, and Pattaya section are SHA++.

We have yet to see a hotel offering a packaged RT-PCR test which has not already obtained this new label / status.

It was mainly to prevent travelers from searching for SHA+ on online booking platforms, and assuming they met the requirements.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

There was a recent rebranding of SHA+ hotels which have hospital partners that can provide the RT-PCR tests.

Do you have any idea whaty this means for Phuket where they take the test at the airport? It would be a step back if they change that to hospital tests.

25 minutes ago, farang51 said:

Do you have any idea whaty this means for Phuket where they take the test at the airport? It would be a step back if they change that to hospital tests.

Phuket is its own thing, from what we saw 99% of all SHA+ automatically got SHA++ status in Phuket. Which makes sense as they do not need the same type of hospital partner, due to testing happening at the airport.

They just wanted a consolidated label which could be used for Test & Go, and Sandbox Stay.

At least now you can know if a hotel says SHA++ it can be used.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

59 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Phuket is its own thing, from what we saw 99% of all SHA+ automatically got SHA++ status in Phuket. Which makes sense as they do not need the same type of hospital partner, due to testing happening at the airport.

Only thing is, the TAT explains that the extra plus means that the hotel is in a partnership with a certified hospital for the RT-PCR test. Thus, the change makes absolutely no sense for Phuket. It would have been easier and less confusing to require that the SHA+ hotels elsewhere offer the full package with test and transport.

59 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

At least now you can know if a hotel says SHA++ it can be used.

Just as before with the SHA+ hotels.

Well, I am glad to hear that they do not stop the testing in Phuket Airport, thanks!

Edited by farang51
Spelling

I'll be arriving in BKK after midnight so likely won't arrive at the AQ hotel until 2 am.  Can anyone refer me a hotel where I will only have to book 1 night hotel / vary early check in or late check out?  If I arrive at the hotel on December 3 at 2 am, will I book a hotel for December 2 since it's before check in time or for December 3?

29 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

I'll be arriving in BKK after midnight so likely won't arrive at the AQ hotel until 2 am.  Can anyone refer me a hotel where I will only have to book 1 night hotel / vary early check in or late check out?  If I arrive at the hotel on December 3 at 2 am, will I book a hotel for December 2 since it's before check in time or for December 3?

The FAQ says Dec. 2 in that case. You can look it up. And you should instead of take my word.

Edited by Enzian
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

It would be Dec 2nd as the hotel will count it as the night for December 2nd.

This hotel offers 3 hour testing, it might be possible to squeeze that one in.

https://asq.in.th/asq-thailand-hotels/metro-point-bangkok

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 4:18 PM, AlexCanada said:

I'll be arriving in BKK after midnight <snip>  If I arrive at the hotel on December 3 at 2 am, will I book a hotel for December 2 since it's before check in time or for December 3?

On 11/23/2021 at 12:20 AM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It would be Dec 2nd as the hotel will count it as the night for December 2nd.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:47 PM, Enzian said:

The FAQ says Dec. 2 in that case. You can look it up. And you should instead of take my word.

According to my ASQ hotel booking the answer is December 3.  I even went back to question them why it's not December 2 and they said guests will check in to the hotel on the same date as on the plane ticket.  Since my plane ticket says I arrive on December 3 that is the night of my hotel confirmation.  

This is a Sha Extra+ hotel on web.thailandsha.com/ ,  Also listed as a Test and Go hotel on thaiest.com and an ASQ hotel on asq.in.th

Should I be concerned?  Where is this ASQ FAQ?

Can any of the mods confirm the hotel is correct?

1 hour ago, AlexCanada said:

According to my ASQ hotel booking the answer is December 3.  I even went back to question them why it's not December 2 and they said guests will check in to the hotel on the same date as on the plane ticket.  Since my plane ticket says I arrive on December 3 that is the night of my hotel confirmation.  

This is a Sha Extra+ hotel on web.thailandsha.com/ ,  Also listed as a Test and Go hotel on thaiest.com and an ASQ hotel on asq.in.th

Thats odd, but as long as the hotel will pick your up when you arrive it should be fine.

Your arrival date is the 3rd, that does not change.

But you will be staying the "night" of the 2nd, and this is usually what the hotel will charge you for.

4 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

Where is this ASQ FAQ?

If you go to the opening page of the Thailand Pass Registration system, at tp.consular.go.th

toward the bottom it says Frequently Asked Questions, click on the first bar that says Dept. of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs. At the page that opens, the 5th item addresses hotel questions. The second item there starts out "You should book your hotel starting from the day before your flight arrives."

• Like 2

So what am I to do now?  The hotel is paid for and non refundable.  3 different reservation people at the hotel have told me the booking is correct but it clearly doesn't follow the FAQ requirements.

Please can one of the moderators comment on this.

Edited by AlexCanada

On 11/23/2021 at 1:18 AM, AlexCanada said:

Hotel dates normally start after 12pm- or 2pm so if arrive 3rd 2 am, I'd say your booking starts 2nd from 2pm onwards, as you will have to check out approx 3rd 2pm onwards unless you get late check out 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 4:41 AM, AlexCanada said:

You received some very bad information from the hotel you booked. I also arrive early on the 3rd December (0:05) from Tokyo and my hotel booking is Dec 2nd with check out the 3rd. You need to book the 2nd because they set aside the room for you as of 3 PM on Dec 2nd.... if yo need to extend your stay one more night to stay the 3rd just book it as a non test & go on hotels.ca for $40 CDN per night but your test and go booking needs to be the 2nd.... I have had several hotels to tell me this including Novotel's and Aloft Suk 11....the hotel you booked should easily change this for you and issue you a new certificate. Make sure you have proper insurance. No companies in Canada that I checked with will ever pay a claim for hospitalization due to Covid positive test upon arrival if you have no symptoms and the "highly recommended Thai AXA insurance has a 12 month stability clause where a normal western insurance company has 90 days or 30 days.... if you test positive upon arrival or sit beside (or in front of or being) someone from Tokyo to Bangkok that tests positive for Covid you will be forced to hospital and the cost will be on you.....big risk because many are flying to Bangkok that are unvaccinated and coming in on the 10 DAY AQ option (especially from Tokyo).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

So what am I to do now?  The hotel is paid for and non refundable.  3 different reservation people at the hotel have told me the booking is correct but it clearly doesn't follow the FAQ requirements.

Please can one of the moderators comment on this.

you can review the attached documents regarding forced hospitalization if test positive or come in contact with positive person. Although many insurance companies will issue you insurance and gladly take payment there ids not one shred of evidence on any other the forums that they will pay for a claim if you test positive and are asymptotic... but many evidences of people paying out of pocket many hundreds of thousand of Bhat for forced hospitalization even though you are not sick. It is a gamble.. Russian roulette.... if you feel lucky and have money for forced hospitalization and forced IV's and forced medication then you will have no problem with your planned trip....The "Happy Quarantine" option under the Thai Pass application allows "any" unvaccinated person from around the world to come to Thailand and fly on the same flight as you.... they will not be Test&Go but will be 10 day quarantine but no matter to you as you will be on the same flight as them for 8 hours plus in Thai airport with them and maybe in same taxi from airport....

18 hours ago, WhatAboutBob said:

You received some very bad information from the hotel you booked. I also arrive early on the 3rd December (0:05) from Tokyo and my hotel booking is Dec 2nd with check out the 3rd. You need to book the 2nd because they set aside the room for you as of 3 PM on Dec 2nd.... if yo need to extend your stay one more night to stay the 3rd just book it as a non test & go on hotels.ca for $40 CDN per night but your test and go booking needs to be the 2nd....

I'm not saying you're not correct but according to some threads on the ASQ hotel forum it doesn't matter which day you book the hotel is "obligated" to provide your room for up to 24 hours until you get your test results back.  

Here is one of the threads in the ASQ hotel forum.  There are others.

I even offered the hotel to change the date to December 2 and I would book another night at the hotel for 2000 baht (same price as on hotels.ca) for December 3.  They said there is no need I will not be charged a 2nd night until my test results are in.  Hotel could have made extra money from me by booking a 2nd night but said I don't need to do that.

My Thai fiancee called the hotel too.  The hotel confirmed they have done this for many people (booking a hotel on the date you arrive in Thailand even if it's just after midnight) and there has never been an issue.  They assured her there will someone at the airport to pick me up.

The only thing I can think of if this is a hotel scam but I can't see them doing this.  This is high end international hotel and they wouldn't ruin their reputation for something like this.  I hope!

Edited by AlexCanada

5 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

It appears that RT-PCR will be replaced by an ATK test.

It is still unclear how this will work.

We will do our best to update our platform to accommodate whatever requirements will be in place.

From what we understand the sandbox will be reduced to 5 days, and the Test & Go no longer requires a hotel night booking.

What is unclear is if the test, and pickup is provided by the AQ hotels, or the hospitals directly.

image.png.fb6ca7f8e50d93f05cb3947e32ac59f8.png

I read this also

No confirmation date one per said December 1st where the picture says 16th

Chaotic again sadly, the hotels will get bombarded with questions they cannot answer because it’s not being fully discussed yet

For example an Rapid AT test takes 10 minutes for result, so that’s not even enough time to go to your hotel room from hotel reception, by then you’ll have a negative result and you can leave the hotel, what’s the point of all of this really

Many many tourists are simply refusing to travel to Thailand now and are sharing their feelings with people who have never been. Thailands reputation has gone from “Amazing to Don’t Go “

12 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

From what we understand the sandbox will be reduced to 5 days, and the Test & Go no longer requires a hotel night booking.

And I've already got my test and go hotel booking and Thailand pass for late December. I shouldn't have applied so far in advance ! Oh well, considering I was originally expecting a 7-10 day quarantine, it is still a win.

Edited by Tuvoc

38 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

And I've already got my test and go hotel booking and Thailand pass for late December. I shouldn't have applied so far in advance ! Oh well, considering I was originally expecting a 7-10 day quarantine, it is still a win.

Still, for peace of mind that I probably aren't a risk to my family,  I'm happy to take a PCR test on arrival anyway. 

7 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

When changes have been made in the past Hotels have issued refunds, so you should be able to get the costs for the PCR refunded.

I’m not sure the price comparison for Airport Transport + Hotel room + PCR compared to ATK test, a PCR can cost from 2,500 so can that be removed from your payment??, ask the hotel and see what they

32 minutes ago, bolt said:

When changes have been made in the past Hotels have issued refunds, so you should be able to get the costs for the PCR refunded.

I’m not sure the price comparison for Airport Transport + Hotel room + PCR compared to ATK test, a PCR can cost from 2,500 so can that be removed from your payment??, ask the hotel and see what they

I am arriving after Dec. 1 but even if new Test and Go doesn't require 1 night hotel, transportation, and RT-PCR test I already prepaid my SHA Plus+ hotel 3500 baht deposit for these items and that is non-refundable.  It says I pay the balance of the hotel amount when I arrive.  Yes I know my mistake for booking non-refundable! 

I'm assuming there's no chance of me getting my money back even though it's possible none of those services are required.

5 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

I am arriving after Dec. 1 but even if new Test and Go doesn't require 1 night hotel, transportation, and RT-PCR test I already prepaid my SHA Plus+ hotel 3500 baht deposit for these items and that is non-refundable.  It says I pay the balance of the hotel amount when I arrive.  Yes I know my mistake for booking non-refundable! 

I'm assuming there's no chance of me getting my money back even though it's possible none of those services are required.

When they made changes in April I got refunded 4 days and this was during my stay, so ask the hotel about this

The hotels are normally very good with these type of things, it depends on your booking details of course