1 Night AQ Pricing for "Quarantine Free Entry"

2 hours ago, BigBrosMo said:

In Canada they charge us $200+ for a PCR test (5400baht), so 4000baht isn't a rip-off in comparison. Your 1600baht is a steal!

In the UK if you suspect you have symptoms PCR tests are free. 

But, if you need a PCR test because you have travelled in to the UK (i.e. Day 2 test) or departing on a flight then we have to pay - Cheapest I found is £35 (pickup and drop off) but there are many which cost anywhere from £40 to £100 - some places are clearly capitalising on peoples ‘need’ to comply with requirements - IMO there should be a fixed cost. 

• Like 1

I have found an Insurance policy ( NotTGIA)that is available to the age range 1-99 years at a reasonable cost that  meets the $1,00,000, however there is a condition that the first 14days is a 'wait time' 

I am sure the individual Embassies/Immigraation officials would nt accept such a policy,but would it be acceptable if I commenced the policy 14 days  before the arrival date in Thailand.    My thinking is that as the first 14 days are not covered, it doesn't matter where I am and so long as it is effective on my arrival, it should be accepted.  Any thoughts?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

I am sure the individual Embassies/Immigraation officials would nt accept such a policy,but would it be acceptable if I commenced the policy 14 days  before the arrival date in Thailand.    My thinking is that as the first 14 days are not covered, it doesn't matter where I am and so long as it is effective on my arrival, it should be accepted.  Any thoughts?

It has to cover your stay in Thailand; thus, if you spend the wait time in another country it should be fine. Two things to be aware of:

Be sure to ask the insurance company if the 14 days waiting period is from when you get the insurance and not from when you enter Thailand.

Ask if the insurance will cover a stay at a hospital even if you do not have any symptoms. The one from TGIA do cover in this case.

Edited by farang51
  • Like 2

Under a recent development yesterday SHA+ hotels in Phuket will be participating in Test & Go but the process is not clear yet.

It may be possible they use the existing process with ThailandPSAS, and arranging your own SHA+ transport.

However in other regions where they will expand the Sandbox this may not be the same process, and all-inclusive packages may be required.

Unfortunately things are still unclear regarding SHA+ only stay, and seem to change every day.

We were informed by the end of next week this will be all sorted out.

7 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Under a recent development yesterday SHA+ hotels in Phuket will be participating in Test & Go but the process is not clear yet.

It may be possible they use the existing process with ThailandPSAS, and arranging your own SHA+ transport.

However in other regions where they will expand the Sandbox this may not be the same process, and all-inclusive packages may be required.

Unfortunately things are still unclear regarding SHA+ only stay, and seem to change every day.

We were informed by the end of next week this will be all sorted out.

So what should I do if the visa requires me to book a hotel in Phuket? I fly on the 16th and don't know if I will have time to get the visa and Thai pass in time. So I would like to apply for my visa now.

Edited by BigBrosMo

5 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

I got a SHABA ID from a hotel, staying 1 day, free pickup at the airport (the hotel is situated next to the airport). I registered for a test at Thailand PSAS, and they have geared their system for the new requirements with only one test at the airport for 2.400 baht. I have yet to see if the Thai embassy in Denmark will grant me a COE based on this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Havenstreet1940 said:

I have found an Insurance policy ( NotTGIA)that is available to the age range 1-99 years at a reasonable cost that  meets the $1,00,000, however there is a condition that the first 14days is a 'wait time' 

read the fine print, it will most likely commence from when you leave your house to commence your trip

I just got a quote directly from hotel in Pattaya

·         Taxi from BKK

·         PCR test

·         1 night accommodation including meal

5,500 for room

J Residence Pattaya North road.

I’m not traveling until November 23rd so I’ll wait a bit longer before confirming

2 hours ago, bolt said:

I just got a quote directly from hotel in Pattaya

·         Taxi from BKK

·         PCR test

·         1 night accommodation including meal

5,500 for room

J Residence Pattaya North road.

I’m not traveling until November 23rd so I’ll wait a bit longer before confirming

J Residence Pattaya is actually an AQ hotel.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:11 AM, aussiexpat said:

Thanks for the update. 

The latest rules indicate 1 night hotel booking must include a PCR test on arrival and an Aantigen Test Kit (ATK) for Tourist to take with them for the 6-7 day self test.

I'm Assuming these prices don't include the PCR and ATK as one hotel is 1999 baht?

On the other hand, the other four hotels seem to have significant cost for 1 night (compared to 7 day rate)

3900 (16500)

6500 (23900)

5800 (13800)

6500 (19000)

Other

1999 (19000)

huh. now a self test too? when will the rules end for me. im becoming ill with all the forms etc.  nov 1. has added a new rule the day 6 self test. this is first ive heard of that.  and the hotel is providing that in the one night package.  so confusing.  im taking a hammer upside my head 

12 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

They could call Thailand Pass stay.

now a new rule starting nov. 1.   a self test on day 6.  i have to do that too now. is that new starting nov 1..  who pays for that?  is it included in the one night test and go hotel price?  confusing

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

now a new rule starting nov. 1.   a self test on day 6.  i have to do that too now. is that new starting nov 1..  who pays for that?  is it included in the one night test and go hotel price?  confusing

you will be given a self test kit at hotel when you check out, the cost is about 40-80 Thb or even free

6 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

The information is not new, it was released when the rules where on 22 October https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

atk is only at sandboxes (replaces the secon pcr test). In the sixth day you self-test and upload result to mor chana application.

at test and go there is still only 1 pcr

ATK is part of the "test and go" and included in the package price.

• Like 1

Just now, Salerno said:

The information is not new, it was released when the rules where on 22 October https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

no im coming to conclusion that the self test is not needed at all for the one night test and go.  that is why they call it test and go.

Just now, yogi yogi said:

no im coming to conclusion that the self test is not needed at all for the one night test and go.  that is why they call it test and go.

if it is required i dont think the test and go hotels are including it in the package as they are not stating that in thier deal online.  

Just now, Salerno said:

salerno u are quite knowledgeable.  i still have not got my pre approval for my flight on nov 4.  i may have to push back trip if i dont get pre approval today. what im hearing is that regarding coe.  the embassys are doing a mass pre approval today and then on mon and tues giving final approval for these pre approvals and then shutting down permanently.......im cutting it close and taking a risk as i have to pay for pre flight pcr on monday and i already booked hotel and air ticket to travel and i dont have coe!  stressful.  

Just now, bolt said:

you will be given a self test kit at hotel when you check out, the cost is about 40-80 Thb or even free

On 10/27/2021 at 10:20 PM, richard_smith237 said:

In the UK if you suspect you have symptoms PCR tests are free. 

But, if you need a PCR test because you have travelled in to the UK (i.e. Day 2 test) or departing on a flight then we have to pay - Cheapest I found is £35 (pickup and drop off) but there are many which cost anywhere from £40 to £100 - some places are clearly capitalising on peoples ‘need’ to comply with requirements - IMO there should be a fixed cost. 

just say u have symptoms and then the test is free?

• Haha 1

Just now, Salerno said:

none of the hotels are mentioning that in thier package price.

2 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

i still have not got my pre approval for my flight on nov 4. 

You haven't even got the pre-approval? When did you initially apply (I thought it was a few days ago)?

2 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

none of the hotels are mentioning that in thier package price.

It's a requirement of the government.

"What’s included in 1-night package?

The 1-night package of Test & Go program should cover accommodation for 1 night, transportation from the airport to the hotel, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK).

The number of complimentary meals and other benefits included in the package will depend on the hotel."

https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages

"The prepayment should cover both the 1-night accommodation, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK)."

Bullet under point 5: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

• Like 2

Just now, Salerno said:

You haven't even got the pre-approval? When did you initially apply (I thought it was a few days ago)?

It's a requirement of the government.

"What’s included in 1-night package?

The 1-night package of Test & Go program should cover accommodation for 1 night, transportation from the airport to the hotel, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK).

The number of complimentary meals and other benefits included in the package will depend on the hotel."

https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages

"The prepayment should cover both the 1-night accommodation, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK)."

Bullet under point 5: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

even if its not included someone here stated its only about 100 baht for that test.  lets hope.  i submitted my pre approval on sunday night late. and very stressful all this week it just say under consideraton.   london embassy said that an enmass pre approval for everyone comes today and on monday final approval of those and then coe shuts down.   i did send my chicago embassy a message this week and they responded.  "wait in line please"  which implys i will get it if i wait? still its stressful as i will have to pay 100 dollars for a pcr preflight test on monday and i may not have my final approval then.   i wish the thais would understand we are paying money for tickets without approval to fly.   all i can say a lull in arrivals is going to be happening between nov 1 and nov 6 in that time between coe and travelpass switchover.  

17 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

i did send my chicago embassy a message this week and they responded.  "wait in line please"  which implys i will get it if i wait?

That could be the reason. As always, depends on the Embassy/Consulate, but pretty sure Chicago has had bad reviews since COE kicked in (delays and withholding approval until last minute, which is understandable but given people a heads-up that's the way they operate would no doubt be appreciated) whereas I've seen reports on the London Embassy completing the process in a matter of hours. Off the top of my head can only remember 1, maybe 2, reports of people actually having their travel plans screwed up but I can see it's a bit stressful given the timing and the changes,

As for the ATK, it's certainly not 100% clear on exactly how they expect it to work for "test and go". One would think clarification will be forthcoming when the issues with it suddenly dawns on them, (possibly even scrapped); but for now, it is what it is.

Edited by Salerno

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

That could be the reason. As always, depends on the Embassy/Consulate, but pretty sure Chicago has had bad reviews since COE kicked in (delays and withholding approval until last minute, which is understandable but given people a heads-up that's the way they operate would no doubt be appreciated) whereas I've seen reports on the London Embassy completing the process in a matter of hours. Off the top of my head can only remember 1, maybe 2, reports of people actually having their travel plans screwed up but I can see it's a bit stressful given the timing and the changes,

As for the ATK, it's certainly not 100% clear on exactly how they expect it to work for "test and go". One would think clarification will be forthcoming when the issues with it suddenly dawns on them, (possibly even scrapped); but for now, it is what it is.

To make it very clear the official PR Thai Government facebook account has posted the following post

image.png.10b34c6e9c7ead635240181405b459c9.png

SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/4761140397242670

It clearly mentions that tests must be included in the accommodation price, and that an ATK self test is required for the Test & Go program. This was posted today.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

To make it very clear the official PR Thai Government facebook account has posted the following post

Not quite sure why you quoted me to post that graphic, I am well aware of the ATK requirement. The graphic still doesn't clarify the issue I raised in the post you quoted i.e. how do they expect it to work for "test and go".  Are they going to hunt down anyone that doesn't use the test and upload it to the app?

49 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not quite sure why you quoted me to post that graphic, I am well aware of the ATK requirement. The graphic still doesn't clarify the issue I raised in the post you quoted i.e. how do they expect it to work for "test and go".  Are they going to hunt down anyone that doesn't use the test and upload it to the app?

If you want to enter Thailand using test & go you MUST agree to follow the rules and regulations, so you MUST submit your self test.

so its You who will act on your behalf if you don't submit your test, 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, bolt said:

If you want to enter Thailand using test & go you MUST agree to follow the rules and regulations, so you MUST submit your self test.

so its You who will act on your behalf if you don't submit your test, 

We think it may go two ways.

1) Submission to a test facility which will connect it to the Thailand Pass, they may know if you did not submit your results.

2) Honor system (if you test positive you need to self report)

You are correct this step is very unclear. I was just mentioning that it is clear that the tests fees will be included, and ATK is required.