1 Night AQ Pricing for "Quarantine Free Entry"

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Not quite sure why you quoted me to post that graphic, I am well aware of the ATK requirement. The graphic still doesn't clarify the issue I raised in the post you quoted i.e. how do they expect it to work for "test and go".  Are they going to hunt down anyone that doesn't use the test and upload it to the app?

In my opinion, there is an even greater issue. The better ATKs have greater than 95% sensitivity and specificity if used correctly. That is a big if. There will be a high incidence of people (who will probably mostly have never done such a test before) messing up, in which case the tests are close to useless.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bolt said:

If you want to enter Thailand using test & go you MUST agree to follow the rules and regulations, so you MUST submit your self test.

so its You who will act on your behalf if you don't submit your test, 

Capitalising words doesn't mean something will be complied with and it still ignores the issue raised - what exactly will they do if someone uninstalls the app as soon as they receive the negative result and ignores the requirement?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Capitalising words doesn't mean something will be complied with and it still ignores the issue raised - what exactly will they do if someone uninstalls the app as soon as they receive the negative result and ignores the requirement?

If they acquire a new SIM card, throwing the one with the number provided to the authorities) and have provided a false address, my guess is that they will get away with it. Still a risk.

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I wished the hotels for 1 day AQ would state the taxi and RT-PCR test is included and they handle it. Some of the prices listed by hotels seem too low to have taxi and test included.

If they are not clear that they handle the Taxi / PCR test, then they don’t !!

IF a hotel is just 1000 baht or 2000 baht, the don’t.

PCR tests alone are about 2200 baht upwards. 

Taxi from the airport will add about 500 baht+ to the price. 

• Like 2

Just now, BritTim said:

If they acquire a new SIM card, throwing the one with the number provided to the authorities) and have provided a false address, my guess is that they will get away with it. Still a risk.

Not uploading the results would be a dumb thing to do IMO, but we know people do dumb things here daily and I doubt they'd even go as far as you've outlaid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not uploading the results would be a dumb thing to do IMO, but we know people do dumb things here daily and I doubt they'd even go as far as you've outlaid.

I may be overestimating the Thai authorities. However, I fully expect that they will be able to see who has not submitted a test result, and the standard procedure will be to call those people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

To be clear for AQ hotels all tests are included.

This means the RT-PCT, and the ATK test (for self testing).

One thing isn't clear. The 1 night lower prices (Pattaya asq hotel)  are around B4500 to B6.000.  This includes test and transport from Suvarnabhum. If testing positive and having to stay, would the daily charge remain the same.? Rooms at these asq hotels are far cheaper on agoda normally and we don't go to the airport every day. I'm assuming we buy our own foods. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I may be overestimating the Thai authorities. However, I fully expect that they will be able to see who has not submitted a test result, and the standard procedure will be to call those people.

Agreed, just saying they should clarify the requirements and the ramifications for not complying.

"If experiencing no symptoms, travellers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (both detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App."

My bold above makes no sense in the context of "test and go" particularly for those heading home/staying with family/staying with girlfriend/partner.

Edited by Salerno

8 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

If testing positive and having to stay ...

If you test positive, you will be moved to a hospital, and it is expected that your Covid insurance will pick up the tab. I think this will be true even if you are asymptomatic.

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If they are not clear that they handle the Taxi / PCR test, then they don’t !!

IF a hotel is just 1000 baht or 2000 baht, the don’t.

PCR tests alone are about 2200 baht upwards. 

Taxi from the airport will add about 500 baht+ to the price. 

Yeah, at the top of the list of AQ hotels I just saw it states the hotels have taxi and test included.

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I wished the hotels for 1 day AQ would state the taxi and RT-PCR test is included and they handle it. Some of the prices listed by hotels seem too low to have taxi and test included.

Yes RT-PCR, and transport is included.

If you find a hotel which is not including this please report the hotel to [email protected] ????

This only currently applies to AQ hotels.

On 10/25/2021 at 2:48 PM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We just got an update that said that the existing sandbox regions (Phuket, Phang Nga, Krabi and Suratthani), will not be participating in the Test & Go entry option.

This means that if you wish to enter Thailand under the newly announced 1 Day Test & Go option it must be through Bangkok, or Pattaya.

So if your intention is to travel to Thailand soon we advise booking an AQ through Bangkok, and Pattaya.

Many updates will follow soon............................

@ThaiVisaCentre

Do you expect/guesstimate the first Phuket 1 Night Test & Go packages to possibly appear on your website within the next 4-5 days, or is it really an unknown at the moment?

You guys have been a great source of reliable info and updates so I figure you deserve my business.

I have a flight reservation to HKT on the 10th, so just trying to figure out if my schedule is still feasible or if I should postpone a few days....

Cheers~~

Edited by Sandboxer

13 hours ago, Salerno said:

If you sign a document stating you will follow the rules and regulations and then you don’t then you will have to face the consequences, but they haven’t mentioned what they are, so go ahead take a risk see what happens and then report back once you’ve paid your dues for breaking your agreement.

I’m eager to see what happens

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

@ThaiVisaCentre

Do you expect/guesstimate the first Phuket 1 Night Test & Go packages to possibly appear on your website within the next 4-5 days, or is it really an unknown at the moment?

You guys have been a great source of reliable info and updates so I figure you deserve my business.

I have a flight reservation to HKT on the 10th, so just trying to figure out if my schedule is still feasible or if I should postpone a few days....

Cheers~~

We are hoping very soon, the issue is that we don't have clarity around testing, and transport requirements.

While we have had one report of someone getting approval for their COE using the PSAS system for tests for a 1 night Test & Go in Phuket using a SHA+ hotel, we are unsure if this was a mistake, or if this is the actual process.

• Like 1

Is it possible to book the tests and the hotel separately? I am paying for my family of 5. When I look at hotels I can book a SHA+ hotel for about 3000 bht a night for all of us.

Tests are approx 3000 each. That = 15000 tests + 3000 hotel= Total 18000

When I look at hotel + PCR test packages they start from 4600 per person= 23,000

Edited by vole2

27 minutes ago, vole2 said:

Is it possible to book the tests and the hotel separately? I am paying for my family of 5. When I look at hotels I can book a SHA+ hotel for about 3000 bht a night for all of us.

When I look at hotel + PCR test packages they start from 4600 per person= 23,000

From what we understand they will be either included, or not included.

Unfortunately it seems like there is no official answer on which one it is yet.

2 hours ago, vole2 said:

No

you must pay for package or no approval QR CODE

Edited by bolt

I've booked and paid for a Bangkok AQ 1 day test and go, and got confirmation. It took them 3 days to reply, they've been inundated with bookings. All the pent-up demand for people wanting to return or visit. Thailand is definitely re-opening !

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Thanks 1

Couple of big updates.

1) Test & Go (combined list with SHA+ only hotels)

You may view the new combined list here:

https://asq.in.th/bangkok-test-and-go-hotels

2) Bangkok / Pattaya Sandbox Options

We also added support for Bangkok Sandbox options for those who do not meet the country travel requirements for Test & Go here:

https://asq.in.th/bangkok-sandbox-hotels

Prices include tests, and transport, and hotels will continue to add their information daily.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 7:08 AM, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Yes, it could be 1-2 nights (or less if the result comes early).

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I believe a two-night package is required if you arrive early *or* your PCR test result will not be back by normal check-out time.  Quoth the fine folks at Marriott today:

Standard check-in time is from 15:00 hrs. and check-out time is until 12:00 hrs. 2-night stay is required in case of early check-in or/and late check-out.