1 Night AQ Pricing for "Quarantine Free Entry"

Thanks for the update. 

The latest rules indicate 1 night hotel booking must include a PCR test on arrival and an Aantigen Test Kit (ATK) for Tourist to take with them for the 6-7 day self test.

I'm Assuming these prices don't include the PCR and ATK as one hotel is 1999 baht?

On the other hand, the other four hotels seem to have significant cost for 1 night (compared to 7 day rate)

3900 (16500)

6500 (23900)

5800 (13800)

6500 (19000)

Other

1999 (19000)

• Like 1

Just now, aussiexpat said:

Thanks for the update. 

The latest rules indicate 1 night hotel booking must include a PCR test on arrival and an Aantigen Test Kit (ATK) for Tourist to take with them for the 6-7 day self test.

I'm Assuming these prices don't include the PCR and ATK as one hotel is 1999 baht?

On the other hand, the other four hotels seem to have significant cost for 1 night (compared to 7 day rate)

3900 (16500)

6500 (23900)

5800 (13800)

6500 (19000)

Other

1999 (19000)

We have notified that hotel, as the test should be included in the price ;).

But I'm sure they will reconfirm this upon booking request.

Please bear with the hotels, as some may be more informed than others ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Do you have any sense of whether the new systemn for fully vaccinated will require only 1 night quarantine booking or also pre-paid 7 night accomoidation (similar to Sandbox)?

If fully vaccinated and from a listed country only 1 night of stay in a SHA+ hotel is needed.

If fully vaccinated  and not from a listed country it is 7 days.

The sandboxes require a SHA+ hotel.

I assume a AQ hotel will be accepted instead of the less costly SHA+ hotel.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

@Thai Visa Centre

Do you have any sense of whether the new systemn for fully vaccinated will require only 1 night quarantine booking or also pre-paid 7 night accomoidation (similar to Sandbox)?

It's 1 night AQ or SHA+.

Currently only AQ hotels exist in Bangkok, but Pattaya does have SHA+ hotels already, and meets the requirement as it is less than 2 hours away from the airport.

They also stipulated if you wanted to go to Hua Hin for example, and use the Test & Go Scheme, you would need to complete it in Bangkok (not Pattaya).

image.thumb.png.7ee055f0d5609a8d80d0a1f487076d4f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I see it says "one night or until negative test result received" which would often require more than one night especially if the guest's flight got in late. ?

Yes, it could be 1-2 nights (or less if the result comes early).

????

I think it will most likely depend on arrival times, and I'm sure the hotels will figure this out. We have seen 2 night pricing, and 1 night pricing so this will be interesting.
image.png.7668bfcc994e0319c194b3ba22e38c3a.png

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. There are some available in Bangkok now. I am aware of a person that has made a reservation for one on Agoda.

Which ones?

Because if they are not officially listed on the ThailandSHA website it wont be accepted.

You can quickly verify this by going here:

https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?type=2-Hotel, accommodation and Homestay&province=10-Bangkok

And ticking the SHA+ Plus checkbox.

You will see 0 hotels.

20 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Currently only AQ hotels exist in Bangkok

There are heaps of SHA (doesn't take much to upgrade to SHA+), off the top of my head The Berkerly in Pratanum and The Swissotel in Ratchada are SHA+.

• Like 1

Seems a bit ' clear as mud " what is the difference if I book a hotel in Bangkok for one night between the SHA+ and AQ option?

Are we just waiting now for these lists of acceptable hotels to be published along with the Thailand Pass scheme?

And can we take it that the test will be conducted at the hotel as opposed to the airport?

If so, surely they will arrange transportation and add the cost to the price package ?

OR Just wait and all will be revealed. That's always a worry.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Salerno said:

There are heaps of SHA (doesn't take much to upgrade to SHA+), off the top of my head The Berkerly in Pratanum and The Swissotel in Ratchada are SHA+.

While this may be true they still need to add them, and they will need to be added to the Thailand Plus system similar to how they were added to the COE system (only approved hotels which actually have a SHA+ ID).

The hotels would also need training, and to be granted access to the SHA system.

It may not be the best idea to make bookings to hotels which have not yet completed this process.

If you must book a SHA+ hotel check the SHA+ list for Pattaya, and book one there as there are around 100 approved already, and they have been getting approved over the past 3 weeks.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If fully vaccinated and from a listed country only 1 night of stay in a SHA+ hotel is needed.

If fully vaccinated  and not from a listed country it is 7 days.

The sandboxes require a SHA+ hotel.

I assume a AQ hotel will be accepted instead of the less costly SHA+ hotel.

1 minute ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

In this case maybe confirm with the hotel directly.

That's a definite, due diligence definitely the order of the day in these times. But, he decided to bite the bullet and is heading to Phuket for a week instead (personally I thought he had time for the details to be worked out but he didn't want to chance it as flight is on 1 November).

1 minute ago, Salerno said:

That's a definite, due diligence definitely the order of the day in these times. But, he decided to bite the bullet and is heading to Phuket for a week instead (personally I thought he had time for the details to be worked out but he didn't want to chance it as flight is on 1 November).

This is understandable, as everything hinges on the Thailand Pass system being online in time ????.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

I actually think they are ahead of the game with these changes compared to their normal timelines; but the COE/Thailand Pass issue is still there to remind us TiT ????

Yeah,

I think you are right and I most certainly need you to be right when I am flying on the 2nd November!

Always last minute with these guys, but as you say.......TIT.

• Like 1

Just now, Scouse123 said:

I think you are right and I most certainly need you to be right when I am flying on the 2nd November!

That complicates things for sure. I can't fathom why they didn't just tweak the COE site to include a 1-night option; at least in the interim. As it stands people are having to book 7 days and then get a refund from the sounds of it. Fingers crossed they surprise everyone and get Thailand Pass live ahead of schedule.

Just now, Salerno said:

That complicates things for sure. I can't fathom why they didn't just tweak the COE site to include a 1-night option; at least in the interim. As it stands people are having to book 7 days and then get a refund from the sounds of it. Fingers crossed they surprise everyone and get Thailand Pass live ahead of schedule.

This could also be a possibility given the TAT's wording here:

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

Which actually tells you to use the COE system ????.

3 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Which actually tells you to use the COE system ????.

Yes, but they still only have Quarantine or Sandbox as an option; half an hour, hour max to add "quarantine free" option and negate much of the confusion and angst. Early days obviously but still no reports of someone using a 1-night booking and been successful. Hopefully start see it in a couple of days now packages are being published. 

What about kids? Kids coming from the approved countries will not be double vaccinated. Will they need to be quarantined for 7 days or are they just banned from entering?

Apparently you need an app for the Thailand Pass, again, what about kids who don't own smartphones? How many travelers can be included on one app?

What happens if your PCR test at the AHQ hotel comes back positive? How long do you need to remain quarantined? Will that be in the same hotel or do they move you to a hospital - or a different hotel?

So many unanswered questions...

• Like 1