Jump to content

First batch of 560,000 Moderna vaccine doses to arrive in Thailand by Nov 5th


Recommended Posts

วัคซีนโมเดอร์นา.jpeg

 

The first 560,000 doses of Moderna vaccine are expected in Thailand by November 5th, according to Zuellig Pharma (ZP) Therapeutics Company, the supplier and distributer of Moderna vaccine in Thailand.

 

In a statement issued today (Saturday), the company said it is ready to take delivery of the first batch of the mRNA vaccine, adding that it will have them distributed immediately.

 

The company also reconfirmed that at total of 1.9 million doses of the Moderna vaccine will be arriving in Thailand in the fourth quarter of this year, while the remaining 6.8 million doses, ordered by the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, will be delivered before the end of March next year.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-batch-of-560000-moderna-vaccine-doses-to-arrive-in-thailand-by-nov-5th/

 

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

 

 

 

Logo-top-.png

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will be interesting to see how these 560,000 doses get divvied up...between the TRC and TPH.

 

Private hospitals are said to be expecting 227,000 (227 hospitals with 10,000 doses), while the Thai Red Cross will get the remainder.

 

Any struggle would favor the the TRC which is essentially part of the government.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

I believe you are completely wrong 

Nothing to do with being right or wrong it's just a bet. ????

We all know Thailand ????

 

Also too I think wasn't there an Army officer asking for Moderna shots a while ago for officers and families from the Red Cross when they receive their allotment just a memory jog there. 

 

We signed up with the first registration months ago for this. Still don't see it happening for us until early next year or so when ever the 2nd /3rd batch arrives 

 

Will fill you in if anything eventuates from this first batch or not 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Will be interesting to see how these 560,000 doses get divvied up...between the TRC and TPH.

 

Private hospitals are said to be expecting 227,000 (227 hospitals with 10,000 doses), while the Thai Red Cross will get the remainder.

 

Any struggle would favor the the TRC which is essentially part of the government.

 

 

 

 

227 x 10k doses is actually 2.27 million so it will indeed be interesting to see how the initial 560k doses are dished out.

  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe you are completely wrong as both the wife and I and another couple that we know of who paid were sent emails asking us to complete the online receipt, e.g. some further information about us as they were scheduling appointments for those in receipt order of payment which would be starting early November to December.

 

Solly to disappoint you.

Which hospital?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I believe you are completely wrong as both the wife and I and another couple that we know of who paid were sent emails asking us to complete the online receipt, e.g. some further information about us as they were scheduling appointments for those in receipt order of payment which would be starting early November to December.

 

Solly to disappoint you.

Be sure to let us know if you actually get the shots in that time frame. Also if you don't get the shots you paid for in that time frame.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

Does anyone know what the shelf life of these types of vaccine are do they have to store at minus 80 ?

Unpunctured vials may be stored between 8° to 25°C (46° to 77°F) for up to 24 hours. Do not refreeze. After the first dose has been withdrawn, the vial should be held between 2° to 25°C (36° to 77°F). Vials should be discarded 12 hours after the first puncture.

 

Also 30 days at normal refrigeration if the vial has not been opened I believe.

 

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-announces-longer-shelf-life-its-covid-19-vaccine

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Unpunctured vials may be stored between 8° to 25°C (46° to 77°F) for up to 24 hours. Do not refreeze. After the first dose has been withdrawn, the vial should be held between 2° to 25°C (36° to 77°F). Vials should be discarded 12 hours after the first puncture.

 

Also 30 days at normal refrigeration if the vial has not been opened I believe.

 

https://investors.modernatx.com/news-releases/news-release-details/moderna-announces-longer-shelf-life-its-covid-19-vaccine

Thank you interesting 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Is this the same vaccine brand that those Nordic countries stopped giving out to younger people due to myocarditis risk?

Iceland has halted use outright, and I read Sweden is in the process of following suit.
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/europe/iceland-halts-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-over-heart-inflammation-fears/2387646

Edited by aBigSmile
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kirb46Lam said:

Family and I are still still waiting for our first dose of Moderna. 

whenever that will be ?

 

I read a minister suggested a 3rd booster shot just recently for all Government officials in another newspaper. 

 

I bet that is where this first lot of Moderna is going 

 

So much for all the people who have paid for it 

Pay your money take your chances... you know Thailand.

I hung back, get my second AZ tomorrow... didn't pay a single baht.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I have yet to hear of anyone getting a free shot of Moderna.

Like I said, "pay your money"..

those who paid for Moderna thought they were going to get "business class service" and not have to wait for the lethargic government.

Trouble is the hospitals took the money without an order even going in.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, hotchilli said:

Like I said, "pay your money"..

those who paid for Moderna thought they were going to get "business class service" and not have to wait for the lethargic government.

Trouble is the hospitals took the money without an order even going in.

Not quite. The government made it clear it wouldn't order any Moderna without cash guarantees from the private hospitals. That's why we were asked to pay in advance. No scam. Just normal business practice.

 

But what has happened since is just part of the usual stream of disinformation that's been in full flow since last March. I was told October by the hospital I booked with. Hardly likely now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kirb46Lam said:

Family and I are still still waiting for our first dose of Moderna. 

whenever that will be ?

 

I read a minister suggested a 3rd booster shot just recently for all Government officials in another newspaper. 

 

I bet that is where this first lot of Moderna is going 

 

So much for all the people who have paid for it 

I have a Moderna as well but it is not my batch. Maybe one day soon before I catch the virus?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thailand trying hard to catch up with Singapore, Israel, Island, States like Vermont etc., by fully betting on these so-called 'vaccines'.

 

What could possibly go wrong? ????

 

See you soon with super spikes in terms of infections and death counts if this strategy continues and similar patterns emerge as in the vaccination front-runner countries & US states.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Like I said, "pay your money"..

those who paid for Moderna thought they were going to get "business class service" and not have to wait for the lethargic government.

Trouble is the hospitals took the money without an order even going in.

So I took my chance and, at least for now, am out the price of dinner buffet for 2 at a nice BKK hotel ... and when the Moderna option opened up in late JUN there wasn't even any certainty that a farang could get a shot of Sinivac.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...