So do I need a Fit to Fly certificate to enter Thailand?

jezmilar

Hello,

Arriving 6 November.

I thought I need a Fit to Fly certificate on entry but I saw some posts/comments saying that it's not needed anymore?

I called the Covid test place where I'm going to get tested and the guy had no idea what a FtF certificate was. However, he ensured me that the test result (in case of negative) comes with a doctor's signature, stamp, my personal details and a few words about that I'm free of covid, negative and fit to travel.

So my question is: do I need a separate FtF certificate (with a doc's signature/stamp), or the negative result with the above-mentioned details is enough?

27 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

No.  See the requirement as stated on the London embassy website;

3. COVID-19 test result with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure -- Some airlines do not accept home kit tests so please check specific requirements with the airlines you are travelling with. From 1 April 2021, Fit to Fly health certificate will no longer be required to go to Thailand. Other things remain the same.

Possibly / probably.... However, that was on the 1st April. 

At the same time Thai’s needed a Fit to Fly test, but not a PCR test. 

It is my understanding that Thai’s now need a PCR test (<72 hrs to travel)....

Why is any of this relevant?...  I want to highlight that things change frequently. While I am up to date with the previous requirements, I am carrying a degree of uncertainty with regards to entry requirements from 1st Nov.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Possibly / probably.... However, that was on the 1st April. 

At the same time Thai’s needed a Fit to Fly test, but not a PCR test. 

Why is any of this relevant?...  I want to highlight that things change frequently. While I am up to date with the previous requirements, I am carrying a degree of uncertainty with regards to entry requirements from 1st Nov.

A fit to fly test has not been a requirement the last one year out of Europe at least. To Thailand that is.. A pcr test 72 hours before was and still is a requirement.

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not a requirement of the Thai government (maybe/likely a requirement of any given airline).

FCmfp33VUAE-7lR.jpg.3c6263f9cac505ea043d

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Not a requirement of the Thai government (maybe/likely a requirement of any given airline).

FCmfp33VUAE-7lR.jpg.3c6263f9cac505ea043d

......but that shows that vaccinated Thai travellers DO need a test.  As is also stated on the latest Nov 1 details on the London embassy website;

image.png.91ae220663c2880cff8196a41886641f.png

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.

As I understand a separate FtF is not needed then, because it's basically part of the RT-PCR test (if negative).

So my wife (Thai) and I (non-Thai) will both get tested just for peace of mind, as I'm seeing more and more posts about vaccinated Thais having to be tested too after Nov 1.

I flew over in mid Sept. at that time I was still a little unsure if the  Fit to fly certificate was still  required. So I  e- mail the consulate in LA  and asked then. The responses was - as of April 1st 2021 it was no longer required. I still got one as It was free at the place I got my RT- PCR test.  

3 hours ago, jezmilar said:

So my wife (Thai) and I (non-Thai) will both get tested just for peace of mind, as I'm seeing more and more posts about vaccinated Thais having to be tested too after Nov 1.

If you're arriving Nov 6 under the vaccinated traveler "Test & Go" (no quarantine [sic]) program, both you and your Thai wife require pre-departure PCR tests, period. That isn't rumor or speculation, it's been published in the Royal Gazette.

The only circumstance in which a Thai doesn't require the test is if she is unvaccinated and plans to do the 10-day quarantine upon arrival. (And no, it doesn't make much sense that a vaccinated traveler is tested but an unvaccinated one isn't, but that's what the rules are.)

• Like 1