61 people arrested after police raid bar on Sukhumvit Soi 23

Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I lived in Soi 23 for a while to me its Sukhumvit, unless there is a soi 23 around Thonglor

Yes "Sukhumvit". To me it's "Asoke" area, but it falls under Thonglor BIB. Think "Lower Sukhumvit" ends at 21 (Asoke) which is Lumpini BIB. "Upper Suk" begins after 21 and is Thonglor BIB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Reportedly, in recent times, as 'hip' as Kabul at night...

Kabul is more fun. Don't underestimate just how fetching a full-body abaiya can be.

It is said a woman is at her sexiest when she leaves something to the imagination. In Kabul, women leave EVERYTHING to the imagination.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Kabul is more fun. Don't underestimate just how fetching a full-body abaiya can be.

It is said a woman is at her sexiest when she leaves something to the imagination. In Kabul, women leave EVERYTHING to the imagination.

I've met one who escaped the taliban years ago she made it to Holland then ended up coming to Phuket for holiday, Fit as <deleted> couldn't take my eyes of her jumping in and out of  the pool with a bikini on

17 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Police said they arrested 61 people in total, 26 men and 35 women, all of whom were charged with violating the emergency decree and Communicable Diseases Act.

Welcome international tourists next week.

LOL ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Looks familiar.  Crazy kind of place.  But is Soi 23 Thonglor?

Exactly, on the one hand it is officially a restaurant according to a sign on the wall outside, so should be allowed to serve alcohol? On the other hand it seemed to be Bangkok lore that it was allowed to operate as a throwback to less covered up times BECAUSE it was owned by a ....well I am sure you can guess.

I think Thonglor district starts midway between Ashok and Nana. it was always that Nana was raunchier and Cowboy tamer because different police districts, but that has reversed.

I remember when a Police Sergeant would turn up and sit at a table at the back of the Old Thermae. Tourists probably thought he was watching for wrongdoing, when in fact he was there to reassure clients that they were under a certain protection so to speak.

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The courts are going to be busy with all these bars getting raided

For sure with thousands of tourists coming in.

There going to want to booze it up.

.... They'll be plenty of Thais willing to risk a 20,000 baht fine to make a killing with pop up parties.

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

What would happen if they were all tourist? If they sent pictures back to their home country from jail. Would more tourist come?

I see what you're sating, but i don't think most tourists would come here and beak the law like these people have done