61 people arrested after police raid bar on Sukhumvit Soi 23

Jonathan Fairfield

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I lived in Soi 23 for a while to me its Sukhumvit, unless there is a soi 23 around Thonglor

Well you never knew your address then and there is no area called Sukhumvit.

It’s only used to describe a general area and indicates you live off Sukhumvit Road.

• Like 2

Should put this pictures at Suvarnabuhmi to welcome tourists from next week.

I walked yesterday to Soi 4. First large bars on the left are renovating, re-doing the entrance etc. A few other bars were also cleaning up. Do they expect something to happen soon?

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There are some who like to live life on the edge. Come to Thailand and run the risk of arrest if having a beer, see the inside of a Thai police cell with dozens of other thirsty folk, see first hand the Thai courts in action. Who could ask for more. Not something you experience in most countries - a Uniquely Thai Experience.

You missed out the kicks to the head from the 6 nice locals .

18 hours ago, ChipButty said:

The courts are going to be busy with all these bars getting raided

Sorry but I have spotted a typo: you mean "ready" no? 

Obviously these places are following the steps of the authorities who have started rehearsing and staged a mock arrival of tourists landing at the airport to test the staff's capabilities on the ground

11 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Better not do a little dance at the airport when loved ones arrive or you will be rugby tackled to the floor.

Yep

This is the general rule.

Kindly note that this doesn't apply to Kiwis... easily recognisable by their passport cover

Screenshot 2564-10-28 at 06.05.26.png

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Was in the process of typing when you did a better job of clearing this up. Kazy Kozy has been open for a while, though I personall'grand Reopening" to raidit. y never visited there during the lockdown.

Odd then that they wait until a week before the "Grand Reopening of Thailand" to raid it. Someone get passsed over for promotion perhaps?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, South said:

Soi Cowboy runs between 21 and 23.

Correct. They are Sukhumvit 21 and 23. It is not Thong Lor. this soi is Sukhumvit 55. The article says it was the Thong Lor police that made the raid

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Tom Parkinson said:

There is no bar mentioned. The picture could be a stock picture unrelated to the claimed offence. This whole story could simply be a warning from the Thonglor police. There is no proof that the claimed incident actually happened. 

Yes, that'll be it. The photo and video posted were virtual creations. Thanks, for a minute I though it was CH.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firestar said:

Why would they need to do that? There is a functionning ATM inside Thonglor station

Yeah, but you have to wait for it to cool down before you can use it.

Edited by mokwit
  • Haha 1