61 people arrested after police raid bar on Sukhumvit Soi 23

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

There are some who like to live life on the edge. Come to Thailand and run the risk of arrest if having a beer, see the inside of a Thai police cell with dozens of other thirsty folk, see first hand the Thai courts in action. Who could ask for more. Not something you experience in most countries - a Uniquely Thai Experience.

Then write another book about the Bangkok Hilton, they always sell well.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Looks familiar.  Crazy kind of place.  But is Soi 23 Thonglor?

The article doesn't say that this took place in Thonglor - it says Thonglor Police arrested people at a bar on Sukhumvit Soi 23.

As various people have pointed out, this part of Sukhumvit comes under the control of the Thonglor Police.

• Like 1

expect raids to intensify pre 1/november opening as it will be most certainly a dash for the cash before drinking is legal again..  skip and after hours or under table drinks - not long now so be patient or risk being part of the cash grab …

????????

22 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Bangkok's Hippest District - ThongLor

Thong Lor (Thai ทองหล่อ) is a section of Bangkok in the northern Watthana district. Sometimes English-speakers also refer to this area as Thong Lo or Thonglor. More and more tourists are flocking to this region to take advantage of its high-quality cuisine and its hot nightlife. Some travel experts have dubbed Thong Lor the “hippest district” in all of Asia. That's a pretty big claim, but it's true that Thong Lor has been successful at attracting bohemians and artists from all around Thailand in recent years. If you are visiting Bangkok, this trendy district is definitely worth a visit. If you are into great food, people watching, art, or just partying hard, Thong Lor has something to offer you. In this article, we’ll detail a few of the top restaurants, clubs, and shops in Thong Lor.

I think Asoke is the border between Thong Lor & Lumpini police districts?

Report from the Phuket Sandbox.

Bars on Bangla Rd. are starting to open (didn't see any food being served) but people drinking.

Quiet by pre-covid days but yet still some activity.

Also a small but significant selection of TH ladies on the prowl - mainly quite young and nice lookers.

A small bar area in Patong with about 10 bars has just had two bars open up this past week after over a year of closures..

Maybe a pulse, soon to become a heartbeat. Don't understand why the rest of the country can't begin slowly opening up. Also daily infections are continuing to decline on a a daily basis here on Phuket.

12 hours ago, ourdon said:

Yeah, I agree.  I have to admit that I bought a couple of wife beaters just for those times I wanted to disguise myself as an auzzie .....  mate.

Wife beaters AKA Vests AKA Tank tops along with Flip flops AKA Thongs  and back to front baseball caps are the clothing of the couture illiterate of all nations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Never liked the place it looks like.. Always crammed with Chinese tourists chain smoking cigarettes and very aggressive mamasans going after cash. Some of the girls were very new to the trade and would openly admit to being 16 or 17, if asked In Thai. They claimed there were 15 year olds too. The mamasan  had not even trained them to lie about their age yet. Looked in once at 3.00 am and still open. Young dancers looked dazed and obviously out of their heads on something to keep them going. The bouncers opened the doors often to allow passing cars to see naked dancers on stage. Operating with that degree of impunity obviously not possible without police involvement but the annual police reshuffle just took place. So time to renegotiate. I decided never to step foot in the place again after a couple of visits. It has an upstairs section which they were obviously operating semi clandestinely.

House or Cozy?

4 hours ago, XJPSX said:

Well you never knew your address then and there is no area called Sukhumvit.

It’s only used to describe a general area and indicates you live off Sukhumvit Road.

Sukhumvit road is 488 km long and runs all the way to Cambodia, so he could be anywhere ????

22 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Bangkok's Hippest District - ThongLor

Thong Lor (Thai ทองหล่อ) is a section of Bangkok in the northern Watthana district. Sometimes English-speakers also refer to this area as Thong Lo or Thonglor. More and more tourists are flocking to this region to take advantage of its high-quality cuisine and its hot nightlife. Some travel experts have dubbed Thong Lor the “hippest district” in all of Asia. That's a pretty big claim, but it's true that Thong Lor has been successful at attracting bohemians and artists from all around Thailand in recent years. If you are visiting Bangkok, this trendy district is definitely worth a visit. If you are into great food, people watching, art, or just partying hard, Thong Lor has something to offer you. In this article, we’ll detail a few of the top restaurants, clubs, and shops in Thong Lor.

Euh..... nice Thong Lor description, but Sukhumvit soi 23 isn't very close to Thong Lor.  It's right next to Asok (soi Cowboy territory).

• Haha 1

Surprised at this given who owns the joint.

Last time I was in, it was stinking of cigarette smoke. Not a good situation for me. I prefer a Cuban stogie. The girls weren't on par with my previous conquests either, particularly my second wife who was a  Nanapong winning dancer back in the day. Such is life.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Ex Bar Owner, Booster shot 12/10/21

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Wife beaters AKA Vests AKA Tank tops along with Flip flops AKA Thongs  and back to front baseball caps are the clothing of the couture illiterate of all nations.

Agreed... some utter pondlife in there. Can tell by the bottles of San Miguel Lite. Sad.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Speaks Laotian 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tom Parkinson said:

There is no bar mentioned. The picture could be a stock picture unrelated to the claimed offence. This whole story could simply be a warning from the Thonglor police. There is no proof that the claimed incident actually happened. 

There was also a video in this thread from the same place with a BiB making a speech.

2 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

Agreed... some utter pondlife in there. Can tell by the bottles of San Miguel Lite. Sad.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Speaks Laotian 

If San Miguel is 'sad' what is a bottled non sad beer? More sad than bottled San Miguel would be idiots drinking slop  Cheap Charlie daughter beer!

Edited by The Hammer2021

On 10/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, herfiehandbag said:

Missed payments maybe?

There again, perhaps a little demonstration of what may almost certainly happen if you don't " play the game" over the next few months?

On Reddit someone said this was a bar that did not have to make any payments.  Had something to do with the people that owned it.????

Even they have to take action on a bar that is reported.  The question though is will the owners be fined heavily or slapped on the wrist

On 10/27/2021 at 3:16 PM, Promsak said:

Thong Lor ????????????

Now what could have initiated this?

Not just there. Rangsit a very small family run restaurant had one table with 3 people from the same family sat at a table, police took the opportunity to enforce the law. 2,000 or close! Restaurant closed. opened again 2 days later. someone is missing their tea money with all the bars, G dens and Kara clubs closed.

Such BAD PEOPLE!

Public hanging, a suitable message to encourage the masses to stop rocking the boat?

If not, drawn and quartered?

Head on a spike?

<deleted>, on one hand they want to open the cuntry to win the tourists money, but on the other hand they want total control of the masses, especially those dirty foreigners who have lodsa cash which they must be liberated from. 

Ya can't have your cake and eat it?

Oh, sorry, I forgot, even Thailand electricity is different to Farang electricity.