Thailand Pass To Entice More International Tourists

snoop1130

5 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Given that in Thailand, "no quarantine" and "quaranting exempt" still include a quarantine, what will they call it if they actually remove the quaranting in the future? Maybe: No Quarantine, We Really Mean It This Time!

Sincerely my question was simple and aiming getting someone to define only two words "without" and "quarantine" With the new configuration you are proposing we will have to get someone to define, on top of that, "no" "really" and "mean it" You have just set the bar (too ?) high

As we are at it ... "this time" too. which, you will reckon, could be confusing as well ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Now, here's my quandary - You have to take a Covid test and show you're negative to board a plane. What use is another test after getting off the plane other than to generate revenue for the people performing the test? Did I suddenly get Covid from any of the OTHER passengers who ALSO tested negative?

money?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Now, here's my quandary - You have to take a Covid test and show you're negative to board a plane. What use is another test after getting off the plane other than to generate revenue for the people performing the test? Did I suddenly get Covid from any of the OTHER passengers who ALSO tested negative?

Sri Lanka has had issues with fake results from inbound India travellers for a start...on testing on arrival, positive test results have shown up....was on https://island.lk/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

As far as I know, the test need not be at the airport in the jetway, but within 72 hours of boarding. And 'proven' by a bit of paper......

If a person contracted Covid traveling to the airport, or the 'proof' is forged, we risk a plane with a good number of infected passengers, where it is far too early to detect by a temperature measurements.

Hope that helped your quandary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder what the headlines will look like when a family get shoved into a $$$ hospitel at their expense because someone tested positive for asymptotic covid and the sudden realisation that insurance is not all it's cracked up to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

As Thailand is transitioning from the Certificate of Entry (COE) to the “Thailand Pass”

Does anyone know if you can upload your information prior to leaving Thailand for a country that might not have good reliable internet. This is to make sure of being able to return as schedule on a round trip ticket.

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Tourism Minister boasted a significant rise in hotel bookings under the Phuket Sandbox scheme for November now that travelers from 45 countries and one territory will be allowed to enter the country without quarantine

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Thai pax are not required to have negative covid test pre-boarding..

we dont want dirty farangs to spread covid

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Given that in Thailand, "no quarantine" and "quaranting exempt" still include a quarantine, what will they call it if they actually remove the quaranting in the future? Maybe: No Quarantine, We Really Mean It This Time!

I recently received a package of goods I'd ordered from the US.

It was held at Thai customs at Suvarnabhumi pending my submission of 45+ pages hard copies and forms to fulfil a "paperless"  process. It still took over a month. 

1) there's no understanding of what these words mean,

2) it's not supposed to make sense 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

Wonder what the headlines will look like when a family get shoved into a $$$ hospitel at their expense because someone tested positive for asymptotic covid and the sudden realisation that insurance is not all it's cracked up to be.

And all passengers who sat around those who tested positive

9 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

In Sweden a testing company got caught making test certificates without actually performing labtest, just collecting money for certificates.

A pharmacy employee in Munich with accomplices has faked hundreds of digital vaccination certificates and sold them on the Internet. 

The fake codes have been offered on a German-language cybercrime forum on the Internet since mid-August. In the end, you had to spend 350 euros to get a digital vaccination card - without having been vaccinated against the coronavirus. In October alone, the counterfeiters have issued more than 500 vaccination certificates.

According to a spokesman at the Nuremberg Public Prosecutor's Office, it is not possible to determine the names of the buyers of the fake codes.

The counterfeiters used the IT infrastructure of the Munich pharmacy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JackGats said:

The big problem with the Thai Pass is that you still have to obtain a Thai Pass (COE by another name) before traveling to Thailand.

To sort of repeat, can you get one while in Thailand so you can leave and return with relatively certainty?

I agree that the 2nd test shouldn't be necessary in this situation, but to be fair, the traveller could have gotten infected during the trip to the airport (there was a news story couple months ago on here about how someone died of covid and in one of their tweets they thought the cab driver that drove him to the airport  infected him because the cab driver was coughing badly and looked sick overall)

Also, there's a possibility that the test papers may be faked (either by individuals wanting to save money, or are infected and didn't want to cancel reservations , flights etc or just wanted to be in thailand no matter what)

Edited by rainman333
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

If a person contracted Covid traveling to the airport, or the 'proof' is forged, we risk a plane with a good number of infected passengers,

First off all these people are fully vaccinated? Right? So the chances are now very low and if a person did contract Covid on the way to the airport he or she probably would not infect a plane load of fully vaccinated people. They may get in contact with the virus but not get infected.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 10baht said:

First off all these people are fully vaccinated? Right? So the chances are now very low and if a person did contract Covid on the way to the airport he or she probably would not infect a plane load of fully vaccinated people. They may get in contact with the virus but not get infected.

So they claim.... and you are unaware that vaccinated people can catch Covid, and hence transmit it? 

8 hours ago, JCP108 said:

That has happened in the sanbox on Phuket. Seems that they didn't quarantine the whole plane but only people sitting near the person who tested positive. So, seems to be a real risk though with ambiguous consequences (like so many things in Thailand).

One of them was a German woman and even though she still tested negative she had to go into quarantine for 14 days at her expense 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Like 1

What you say makes sense.

However, there have been various news reports about fake covid test results being sold to would-be travellers. Thailand probably doesn't entirely trust people to provide their own test results.

If Thailand manage to attract half a million tourists this high season without "foreign covid" decimating the country, they will probably summon the nerve to open up completely.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2020/11/10/fake-tests-covid-flights/

• Like 1