Thailand Pass To Entice More International Tourists

snoop1130

18 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Tourism and Sports Minister Pipat Ratchakitprakan and all his overly smart friends at the helm of this completely failed state should have a look at the following which will explain, why nobody in his right mind choses Thailand over hundreds of easier destinations - unless there is family or work-related reasoning behind it. 

The departure check-in staff is responsible for the checking of travelling documents, so that passenger(s) can get off the plane and enter the destination. Thailand just created another entry into the "Guiness Book of Records" with the following FIVE pages stipulating, under which conditions a passenger may enter Thailand - or not. 

Honestly, does anyone seriously believe, that check-in staff has the time, knowledge and experience to go through this rigid checklist given the standard time allowance of 90 seconds per check-in operation? For each and every passenger bound for Thailand? 

This possibly explains also, why apparently more than 80% of all airline slots into/from Thailand for the winter schedule ending 26 March 2022 were NOT taken by non-Thai carriers; nobody in his right mind can operate an airline if hundreds, if not thousands of destinations come up with a set of local instructions like this. 

211101 Carrier checklist Thailand 1.jpg

211101 Carrier checklist Thailand 2.jpg

211101 Carrier checklist Thailand 3.jpg

211101 Carrier checklist Thailand 4.jpg

211101 Carrier checklist Thailand 5.jpg

You make it look eye popping. But for the bulk of traveling. Its a passport, THAILAND PASS. , rt pcr negative result within 72 hrs vaccinated card, one night stay in quarantine.   Shall i list the long list of current COE requirements? Im in my last few days of quarantine. I have time to type.  

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Until the creeps muster up the courage to allow nightlife to reopen and allow restaurants and hotels to serve booze, only 10,000 or 20,000 tourists will show up, per month.

More egg on their faces. Fun to watch that, but would prefer to see the people of this nation prosper, if that is even possible after years of sabotage. 

Just more nonsense from the Zombie brigade. Lack of intelligence, knowledge, wisdom, leadership and a refusal to acknowledge science, are not valid excuses for destroying one's own economy, bringing unhappiness to the people and moving the nation backwards. 

Prayuth is a retrograde, not a leader. Phiphat is as unskilled at tourism as Justin Bieber is with particle physics. 

spidermike007 for President!

• Haha 1

Two things you can count on with this corrupt and inept government: 

1) They will continue to put forth at least one delusional crazy scheme daily. 
2) There will be no resurrection of the virtually non-existent international tourism industry anytime in the near future - or ever.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NanaSomchai said:

spidermike007 for President!

put in place a sanitary pass to prove you are vaccinated, everytime you go to restaurant , bar , shopping mall , flights , buses ...etc. That procedure has proved its efficiency in other countries.This is the only  way to push people to get vaccinated and consequently to combat the pandemic and stop the bull<deleted>s.

Stupid  people (falangs) in Phuket are still under influence of conspiracy propagandist and reject vaccine. I heard a shellfish one saying he does not need vaccine because his body id strong and he is healthy , guy, we don't care about your anus , we care about all the community and vaccine is your participation to a worldwide fight even if this vaccine is not perfect .So stop to admire yourself your <deleted> and think to others.

15 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Now, here's my quandary - You have to take a Covid test and show you're negative to board a plane. What use is another test after getting off the plane other than to generate revenue for the people performing the test? Did I suddenly get Covid from any of the OTHER passengers who ALSO tested negative?

They have to put in place a sanitar pass urgently

Would someone PLEASE explain to them using small words that the only way to get tourists to return is to stop this nonsense and open up the bars and nightclubs. Maybe pictures drawn with crayons would help?

I think they are beyond hope. Waiting for your test result in quarentine is NOT quarentine free travel.

• Thanks 1

Now, here's my quandary - You have to take a Covid test and show you're negative to board a plane. What use is another test after getting off the plane other than to generate revenue for the people performing the test? Did I suddenly get Covid from any of the OTHER passengers who ALSO tested negative?

When I returned here in February Thais were not required to have a PCR test to enter the country and airlines that were flying here were not asking for proof of one from Thais as far as I remember.
That’s why I couldn’t get my head round why put a bunch of negative tested people on a plane with a bunch of untested ones . Plus several clear tested non Thais arrived in their quarantine in Bkk and few days later tested positive. 

• Like 1

Would someone PLEASE explain to them using small words that the only way to get tourists to return is to stop this nonsense and open up the bars and nightclubs. Maybe pictures drawn with crayons would help?

Bureaucratic minds has its own " way of doing things " ..... a waste of time to reform their thinking , instead " dance with them "

and find loopholes that can be used to reach

your objective/-s ......

When it can be made complicated , WHY -- simplify it and lose your cushy position ....

the proper motto of Asian bureaucracy ......

Edited by kg1947
spacing

You know there were people who argued smoking was ok, and not harmful in the 90’s. The big executives even got up there and told everyone their product was fine. And for decades all those in the know knew cigs were not fine. 

It’s not exactly the same but there are definitely some strong parallels. If you find yourself agreeing with large corporations, history has shown us you opinion has most likely basically been bought and manipulated. 

16 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

It just means that one is Never going to be sure if one will be arriving at their planned destination or arrive at all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rainman333 said:

I agree that the 2nd test shouldn't be necessary in this situation, but to be fair, the traveller could have gotten infected during the trip to the airport (there was a news story couple months ago on here about how someone died of covid and in one of their tweets they thought the cab driver that drove him to the airport  infected him because the cab driver was coughing badly and looked sick overall)

Also, there's a possibility that the test papers may be faked (either by individuals wanting to save money, or are infected and didn't want to cancel reservations , flights etc or just wanted to be in thailand no matter what)

I take your point in what you are saying, but no matter what rules anyone in any country makes about anything, nothing is 100% certain, there is always someone who can forge something, or work something to his/her benefit.

It happens in governments, banks, insurance companies, hospitals etc. Anything you care to name.

1 hour ago, kennw said:

The real kicker for retirees here who may want to return to their home country for say family visit one month then return to Thailand is the Covid insurance aspect. Currently the cover must be US$50,000, for the period of the visa. For a retiree this could be nearly one year to the next extension renewal. So, the insurance cover will need to be for this period under current rules. Compound this to the age of retirees, both lead to higher premiums. And, some of the insurance companies set the upper age limit at 75. Does this mean the over 75's can leave the country but not return? Prisoners here.  

Dealing with this right now. Although I'm still quite far from 75 there are still a lot of gotchas.

For people with reentry permits one needs insurance up to the date on the permit, as said above it could be nearly one year. 

Another thing to take into account is if the travel insurance is bought from a Thai provider (tailored for covid cover and entry from overseas), it is usually a "single trip" insurance. If one buys such an insurance it terminates when departing from Thailand. I plan to go to Australia for a month early next year, that trip would invalidate any single trip insurance like the AXA Sawasdee or Luma (except the annual plan).

So after googling and researching for hours, my plan is to have 2 insurances - non-Thai travel insurance (not covering asymptomatic covid) and will not be a "single trip", and my existing Thai Roojai covid insurance which would cover the asymptomatic covid.

Sounds complicated, and it is indeed.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

incubation period being 3 to 4 days and the first test being less than 72 hours before flying it makes sense to have a test on arrival , it is simply  arithmetic

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kennw said:

Currently the cover must be US$50,000, for the period of the visa. For a retiree this could be nearly one year to the next extension renewal

do you have that in writing ? I cannot see what would be stopping someone getting 30 days worth and letting it expire otherwise. Being forced to get 1o months insurance for the 10 remaining months on a visa extension could be unfair if you were only going back to thailand for 30 days

that said you could travel at the end of your  extension  and again do 30 days insurance to cover the remaining days left on the visa

Edited by RichardColeman

44 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Then, as I mentioned earlier, we must test EVERYBODY every two days to live safely.

Considering Thailand has tested less than 10 million in a year, testing 70 million would take 7 years at the current rate. If they suddenly went to 40 million tourists it would take 4 years to clear them all - another reason why the testing will eventually stop

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

do you have that in writing ? I cannot see what would be stopping someone getting 30 days worth and letting it expire otherwise. Being forced to get 1o months insurance for the 10 remaining months on a visa extension could be unfair if you were only going back to thailand for 30 days

that said you could travel at the end of your  extension  and again do 30 days insurance to cover the remaining days left on the visa

I wonder the same thing and am watching expats traveling out then returning to LOS closely. I also received verification from Ubon Joe that any insurance is acceptable as long as it meets minimum requirements so it's not mandated to be a Thai insurance company. ALSO very important that the Covid insurance cover asymptomatic positive test result.

Nobody seems to ask the obvious question.

Why is the Thai e-pass website not ready yet. Today is 28th.and it stipulates to open on the 1.nov. Whats the purpose of that for the thousands of people that have ordered tickets to arrive between let us say around 1.st to 4th. Nov. They will not be able to get the pass. Why did they not open it last week for example.

Hotels are getting a lot of cancellations now in the beginning of nov. also because of this.. Someone did not plan this in an efficient manner.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, petermach said:

incubation period being 3 to 4 days and the first test being less than 72 hours before flying it makes sense to have a test on arrival , it is simply  arithmetic

I think it would be much easier to carry out express tests during  the flight 1-2 hours before landing in Bangkok. And then, at the immigration counter, just show this test. And if everything is ok, move freely throughout Thailand. Of course, the scheme is not ideal (you need control over the correctness of the test on the plane), but for tourists it would be much easier.