Yala 496

Chonburi 375

Pattani 369

Samut Prakan 356

Chiang Mai 356

Narathiwat 327

Prachuap Khiri Khan 280

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1453599252676943873

I'm sure this has been pointed out before, but the numbers cited above are only numerators. You need the denominator, i.e. the population of each province, to make comparisons meaningful.

• Like 2

Deputy Minister of Public Health Satit Pitutacha said Thailand is ready in every aspect for its reopening to international visitors on 1 November, saying the measures put in place will effectively contain the transmission in case of fresh outbreaks.

https://twitter.com/NBTWORLDNews/status/1453632628037357571

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Olmate said:

Over 5300 in SNG. on todays chart. Given thepopulation thats huge. 

Yes !  also noticed that number for Sing.

However Thailand is still Top of the Pops for Cases in Asean with almost 27 % of cases across the whole Bloc, and thats without the 1000 cases that were reported in a Prison, but seem to have gone unreported in the Official data for some reason.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

That's a definite bump upwards with only 218 from prisons in the mix. I was thinking it had all of the 1k discussed on Tuesday e ending and yesterday but nope.

ATK positives are a big jump as well. I wonder if those were from prisons or the public.

Traffic and pedestrian foot traffic seems to have returned to near normal around me and the local talads are busy. U fortunately half of the folks I see are either not wearing a mask or wearing it as chin warmers.

Relaxing of restrictions has also led to complacency and social distancing disappearing.

The Prison where the 1000 Inmates were tested positive, has a total population of just over 7000.

I really cant see that outbreak being contained to just the 1000 cases thus far.

And as for the relaxing of protocols, I would agree that most are not wearing their masks and there is little in the way of Social Distancing.

They have obviously been blinded by the thought of all the Tourist Money pouring into their lives again.

The poor misguided fools, and there can only be one possible outcome to such irresponsible behavior.

12 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The Prison where the 1000 Inmates were tested positive, has a total population of just over 7000.

I really cant see that outbreak being contained to just the 1000 cases thus far.

And as for the relaxing of protocols, I would agree that most are not wearing their masks and there is little in the way of Social Distancing.

They have obviously been blinded by the thought of all the Tourist Money pouring into their lives again.

The poor misguided fools, and there can only be one possible outcome to such irresponsible behavior.

What kind of areas have you personally witnessed where most people not wearing masks and practicing social distancing? 

36 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Yes !  also noticed that number for Sing.

However Thailand is still Top of the Pops for Cases in Asean with almost 27 % of cases across the whole Bloc, and thats without the 1000 cases that were reported in a Prison, but seem to have gone unreported in the Official data for some reason.

That Sing number is roughy 50K if translated to thai population percentage wise. And 80% fully vax.. Go figure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What kind of areas have you personally witnessed where most people not wearing masks and practicing social distancing? 

Taken from DofC:

4. All inmates must wear masks at all time.

Not too sure about social distancing especially during sleeping hours.

http://en.correct.go.th/news/covid-19-updates/

8 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Taken from DofC:

4. All inmates must wear masks at all time.

Not too sure about social distancing especially during sleeping hours.

http://en.correct.go.th/news/covid-19-updates/

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that part of his post wasn’t referring to the prisons but outside world as I doubt he would be aware of the prison distancing status etc

15 minutes ago, Olmate said:

That Sing number is roughy 50K if translated to thai population percentage wise. And 80% fully vax.. Go figure.

However Singapore also tests far more than Thailand, its currently at 15 in the world for testing while Thailand remains at 141. Difficult to make a comparison when there is such a discrepancy in getting the figures correct.

Singapore also has just 59 covid deaths per million pop while Thailand has 271 per million

Lastly Singapore also has minimal excess deaths so is capturing most cases

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought that part of his post wasn’t referring to the prisons but outside world as I doubt he would be aware of the prison distancing status etc

You are correct.  It was I who misunderstood.  He was referring to the outside world.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

However Singapore also tests far more than Thailand, its currently at 15 in the world for testing while Thailand remains at 141. Difficult to make a comparison when there is such a discrepancy in getting the figures correct.

Singapore also has just 59 covid deaths per million pop while Thailand has 271 per million

Lastly Singapore also has minimal excess deaths so is capturing most cases

New cases  yesterday, not  overall deaths. And the 80% vax v 40% here. any ideas? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Olmate said:

New cases  yesterday, not  overall deaths. And the 80% vax v 40% here. any ideas? 

Not off the top of my head as I thought you were making comparisons to Thailand, hence my reply and the testing metric that puts a perspective on it.  However re vaccination levels take Israel as an example, also had a spike but is back on the decline and hospitals were never stretched.

Edited by Bkk Brian

42 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I wonder what the reporting would look like if the stats only ever reported the number of people SICK with COVID19?

I think your confused if you believe an asymptomatic person is unable to pass on infections to others, and that by just being asymptomatic does not mean one is SICK. Just like a person with Hepatitis B, and showing no symptoms, it's why it is called the silent killer. Seems Covid Asymptomatics can be the same by passing on Covid creating disease and death.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I hope he is leading by example and everyone else that receives AZ  will also get a Pfizer booster after 6 months.

PM @prayutofficial has received his 3rd #COVID19 vaccine (a booster by Pfizer) before attending the United Nations Climate Change Conference @COP26 in Glasgow, Scotland later this week.

https://twitter.com/saksithcna/status/1453562752300056579?s=21

Of course not. This is going to become an increasing source of dissatisfaction. Ordinary Thais are going to have to wait for boosters in the queue behind people still getting first and second shots and breakthrough infections will probably be the result.  In this context those who ordered Moderna from the private hospitals will probably be glad they did. Expect the government to follow CRA's lead and giving reduced doses as boosters without any endorsement from the manufacturers or overseas regulators. 

• Like 1

COVID-19: Thailand reports 8,968 new coronavirus cases, 64 deaths

COV29.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Friday (October 29) reported 8,968 new COVID-19 cases, 8,747 recoveries and 64 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1237266-covid-19-thailand-reports-8968-new-coronavirus-cases-64-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin