Is Ferry from pattaya to hua hin closed permanently

Jenson55

I don't know if this is in the correct forum....

I have heard that the ferry from pattaya to hua hin is closed permanently is this correct? 

If it is closed is there another ferry service that will go across from the pattaya, rayong area to hua hin or in that vicinity that will also take a car or motorscooter?

I think it's east to south and vice versa?

Thanks 

Edited by Jenson55

There was a passenger only ferry service ( "Royal" ) that stopped due to Covidiocy

( no tourists)

and a newer passenger and vehicle service planed by a different company  ( "Seahorse" ) that ran into both Covidiocy and Thai bureaucratic  idiocy...a member of this forum is involved with this service and last message said he/they where considering giving up on the idea all together.

So at the moment there is no ferry service at all.

13 hours ago, Lancashirelad said:

Over the last 20 years the Pattaya - Hua Hin ferry service has been rather like a Pattaya bar girl's panties ....... off more than on.

Precisely.  I never understood why anyone ever thought they could make a go of it.  There would be virtually no Thai demand.  Anyone who lived in one of these communities would have no reason to visit the other.  As for foreigners, would there ever have been enough on any one sailing to make it pay ?  Maybe, one sailing a week for three months of the year would work, but that wouldn't justify the investment.  And what would the employees do for the other six days ? 

• Like 1

Pre-covid it was doing ok and had been running a regular service for some time. If you stood & watched it dock a lot of people came off it. I think it needs a bigger boat capable of carrying vehicles including big trucks, but at least cars and motorbikes.