7,000 international arrivals due at Suvarnabhumi on Monday

webfact

9 minutes ago, kuzmabruk said:

Can you read English?   7,000 of the 30,000 are international and the rest domestic.  Domestic means people not arriving from outside the country.  For example England. 

If people read the OP then they may not be the first to post for “likes” 

It’s a trade off 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Wow! 30,000 on the first day of reopening November 1, 2021. I wish the Kingdom of Thailand well but, it would seem to me that making such a forecast, if 30,000 do not arrive at Swampy, the statement might be construed as embarrassing to the Kingdom.

What more embarrassing than saying Lisa from Blackpink would be headlining the Phuket new years countdown.

People with COE, because the Thailand Pass is not accessible. they would have come without the reopening!

The PCR test capacity is limited, it may be more than a day in SHA with a lot of tourists ... It is in SHA until test result, do not forget !!!

The PCR machine can also break down ;-)))

Edited by vVDB
English
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

If I had time, I'd go out to the airport and greet all 7, eh 70, eh sorry 700 of them individually. "Welcum!" ????

Just kidding. Hope they have a great time. 

Edited by djayz
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Nowhere I have read that wearing a facemask is a must in THailand, not on any travel advice nor the requirements for tourists coming to Thailand. In many countries people don't need to wear a mask anymore.. I am curious what will happen

They won't be allowed in anywhere as wearing one is a requirement for shopping etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Pol.Gen Damrongsak said that he expects an average of about 4,000 foreign tourists to arrive in Thailand per day.

That is Thailand total. You need to deduct Phuket and other airports that allow international arrivals to get the Bangkok arrival numbers. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Meanwhile, Police General Damrongsak Kittipraphat said that 3,700 police have been drafted in to take care of the airports included in the reopening plans. 

And the 3700 Police, will be at what I understand different airports.

Have a few Thai's I know travelling on the 1st but they are all living outside LOS for along time and this is the first chance they feel for a couple of years to get back and see family. They really are oblvious to any requirements as they are Thai and they dont need tests etc on arrival. Stayed out of it as all have husbands , who arent going , so wish them well but cant help feeling it wont be as straight forward as they think. Incidentally was in my travel agent last week to book a holiday as like many been waiting for the Thai travel situation to be clearer and they are not booking anyone to visit as they only see it as a potential problem along the way. Ohhh I'm going to Portugal but ideally would have been spending a month or so visiting friends in Lamphun in a perfect world .

Edited by Nigeone

Doesn't matter what they pretend. Thailand is Not ready for at least 3 reasons.

Prayut did Not crackdown on these 3 Problems.

1. Taxi Scan and rip-off in Phuket and Pattaya.

2. Jetski scam in Pattaya.

3. Unfair dual Pricing and rip-off of foreigners.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The passengers will arrive on 440 commercial flights consisting of 230 domestic flights, 110 international and 100 cargo flights, 

.......so how many arriving on domestic & cargo flights?

Is this really the extent of their reporting abilities?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I know this has been raised in the past but do we know if arrival figures quoted include passengers in transit?

The figures probably include all the people dropping off and picking up passengers at the airport. I arrive in a plane. A man arrives in a taxi to take me to the hotel. That's two arrivals. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, vVDB said:

People with COE, because the Thailand Pass is not accessible. they would have come without the reopening!

The PCR test capacity is limited, it may be more than a day in SHA with a lot of tourists ... It is in SHA until test result, do not forget !!!

The PCR machine can also break down ;-)))

The data Thailand has reported throughout the pandemic suggest that the country has limited testing ability in regards to number of tests per day (for example strange plateaus in the curves of rising daily cases). Is there any discussion anywhere about Thailand adding additional labs or resources to handle the expected extra thousands of PCR tests required under this new program?