7,000 international arrivals due at Suvarnabhumi on Monday

webfact

12 hours ago, shdmn said:

I want to give it at least a month before I go, to give them time to sort things out.   I pitty the first guinea pigs through the meat grinder. 

I'm same. Maybe January for me. 

Guinea pigs through the meat grinder had to laugh at that ???? 

To my surprise my flight today was half full. Was an issue at Amsterdam with document  checking, Many people didn't have correct ones and the flight ended up one hour late. Suvarnabhumi was a bit busy, especially many in arrivals hall waiting for their hotel transfers.

My (Thai) hubby and I haven't had a vacation for almost three years and Covid wound up being very good for our line of business so we've both been going nonstop since March of 2020. We're burned out and, for the past probably year or so, our plan once Thailand reopened was to spend 2-3 months recharging in Samui in a villa with an infinity pool, personal chef, hired driver, etc., spending probably upwards of 750k thb per month.

We've been watching the "reopening" with a lot of interest and, frankly, the onerous entry requirements (especially the arrival test and uncertainty of what happens if one tests positive) combined with the almost comedic rollout of Thailand Pass makes us feel like it's less stressful to just stay home. Our house has a pool, it's sunnier here than it is there, according to the hubby we have better Thai food and, most importantly, the whole city is open, thriving, and we can go out and catch some live music or a show with canapes and a few drinks.

Sorry, Thailand. See you hopefully in another year if you've pulled your head out of your a$$ by then.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1