7,000 international arrivals due at Suvarnabhumi on Monday

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol.Gen Damrongsak added that the Thailand Pass will mean that tourists should not have to wait long in queues as was sometimes the case in the past.

if you had common sense and just tested at the airport with vaccine certificate they wouldn't have to wait at all.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

If your Australian and want to come not easy as most insurance companys here won't insure as Thailand is a Level 3 amber country and no covid insurance  cover so no entry unless you go thru Luma or AXA  Thailand and thats not cheap. 

Plus the 5000 b PCR test here and the 6000 AQ hotel for 1 night  

Expats will dribble in 

But Tourists for a 2 week holiday im not so  sure???? 

Many hotels offer the "Room + PCR test + airport transfer" package for 6,000 baht. There are more affordable deals, starting at 4500 baht for such a package. For those who in any case chooses an expensive 5 * hotel, these are not bad offers, I think.

Insurance ... It's still really expensive. And I still can't find offers with $50,000 coverage (i see only $100,000). I think the price should be lower for a smaller coverage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

Meanwhile, Police General Damrongsak Kittipraphat said that 3,700 police have been drafted in to take care of the airports included in the reopening plans. 

The Pol.Gen Damrongsak said that he expects an average of about 4,000 foreign tourists to arrive in Thailand per day.

3700 policemen for 4000 tourists, almost a policeman for a tourist to say ''' welcome tourist, where do you have the money?'''

Not exactly the best usage of available resources. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thai006 said:

Who believe this numbers ? TAT ?? 
Really who want to come to Thailand with all the restrictions ??

They didn't clarify that it's 500 actual tourists and 6,500 expats returning to their Thai homes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Nowhere I have read that wearing a facemask is a must in THailand, not on any travel advice nor the requirements for tourists coming to Thailand. In many countries people don't need to wear a mask anymore.. I am curious what will happen

Or there's no alcohol drinks to be had. 

Wow! 30,000 on the first day of reopening November 1, 2021. I wish the Kingdom of Thailand well but, it would seem to me that making such a forecast, if 30,000 do not arrive at Swampy, the statement might be construed as embarrassing to the Kingdom.

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

Wonder how many of the passengers that arrive onboard the "100 cargo flights"...????

7,000 international passengers arrives on 110 international flights, which are in average 64 passengers per flight...:whistling:

I know this has been raised in the past but do we know if arrival figures quoted include passengers in transit?

4 hours ago, Thailand said:

Looks like Thailand fully opened from 1st, the floodgates are straining.

I think the police will outnumber the travelers.

I think this will be a huge disappointment for Thai people, plus a why did I come attitude for the tourist who come.

• Like 1