7,000 international arrivals due at Suvarnabhumi on Monday

webfact

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

Expect this forum to explode from Monday onwards with disastrous tales of utter woe and fiasco

Starting with PCR tests proving positive after arrival

You just know its coming !

Dunno..... only from tourists daft enough to actually arrive in Thailand on Monday.

Hopefully, expats will have have done a little research here and other forums and will hold off for a while.

Just imagining it......instead of the usual pushing and shoving, everyone saying "After you"   "No....after YOU, I insist!!!"   ????

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, mahtin said:

The passengers will arrive on 440 commercial flights consisting of 230 domestic flights, 110 international and 100 cargo flights, 

You missed the best bit.........

Thailand’s main international airport will operate at just 30 percent capacity on Monday, the first day of its reopening to foreign tourists. 

Then, 2 paragraphs later:

The passengers will arrive on 440 commercial flights consisting of 230 domestic flights, 110 international and 100 cargo flights, 

Pray tell me..... how do foreigners arrive in Thailand on domestic flights? Even if you connect  from say BKK to HKT you still arrive in Thailand on an international flight....don't you?

Personally I known of is 4 persons arriving this Nov. 

2 is long awaited business trip and the other is an elderly couple can't wait to visit their 1 year old grandchild for the first time. 

Purely tourism coming for a holiday? I haven't catch wind of any... 

5 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Not sure where you got your numbers from, but here are some real prices that are available now for anybody who is interested in travelling to Thailand:  PCR test which can be booked on the Thailand pass official website is Baht 2400. One of the cheapest SHA+ cerified hotels I found on Booking.com in Bangkok in November is Baht 333.

333 not bad they pick you up at the airport that’s not even the taxi fare

5 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

Thailand pass officially starts on November 1st, are those people gonna complain about the quarantine? 

You mean the night in the hotel. Unlikely as they would already have paid for and be aware of it. 

So according to TAT, there have been 58,685 arrivals in Phuket sandbox in last 4 months. Of these, they say 196 tested positive on arrival (0.33%).

For this "massive %' of positive tests, the mandatory insurance would have cost travellers about 176 million baht (assuming 3,000 bt per person). With only 196 positive, most likely without symptoms,  that's a pretty impressive scam, oops I mean profit...which is about to be their biggest earner if the arrival numbers go up like they say

https://www.tatnews.org/

Screenshot_20211030-233605_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

The data Thailand has reported throughout the pandemic suggest that the country has limited testing ability in regards to number of tests per day (for example strange plateaus in the curves of rising daily cases). Is there any discussion anywhere about Thailand adding additional labs or resources to handle the expected extra thousands of PCR tests required under this new program?

Nope....it will be what it will be as Prayut once said...

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, scorecard said:

AQ.in.th/thailand-pass

This site seems to be building quite a lot of information on the 'Thailand Pass' and associated matters, including a running Q and A.

Maybe worth a look for folks who are interested. 

Also:  

https://www.tatnews.org/entry-thailand-frequently-asked-questions/

This site seems to have some expanded / valuable detail

"Obfuscation" at its very best...amazing Thailand..how do they do it? incredible....

Edited by Rinrada
spelling

7 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

They often count code-shares, which might include two or three additional flight numbers, all for the same metal. And they may be double-counting, using both arrivals and departures?

I seriously doubt there will be 110 separate international arriving aircraft landing at SBIA/BKK on Monday.

Some/maybe all of the arriving international flights may be operating under policies of restricted seat filling - empty seat between every passenger. Either required by the Thai authorities or their own company policies. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, RafPinto said:

110 international flights with 7000 travellers.

Is it including the crew or just tourists?

110/7000= 63.6 passengers per flight.

Wowwww

I think 'comfy'.... Many passengers will have a whole row of seats to lay down and sleep...

Even those Cargo flights will bring in foreign crews that will spend money... More if they can find a restaurant serving drinks....

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

I'd like to have what those guys are smoking.. it seems to put one in a very hopeful mood albeit some fudging of numbers never hurt anyone...

I was trying to compute the numbers and my abacus melted, then my Thai wife said people would be flocking back to BK on domestic flights from the North East because the falungs were returning, solved. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

According to the Airports of Thailand, 30,000 passengers are due to arrive at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Nov 1.

And I've just heard that the usual [10 day]  Loy Krathong festival in my province has been canceled

in-line with Prayuts latest gathering order.

Amazing Thialand.

16 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

As Airlines and Swampy will already know the facts about how many international passengers will arrive on 1 November, their credibility will really be shot if its not the 7000 as announced....

And Bob Dylan said, "When you ain't got nothing, you got nothing to lose...."

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

What more embarrassing than saying Lisa from Blackpink would be headlining the Phuket new years countdown.

The bad news is Lisa of Blackpink can't make it. The good news is she's been replaced by Elvis and Jimi Hendrix.

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

The @MFAThai has just announced that the number of approved countries and territories, where vaccinated people can enter from without having to do quarantine, has now been increased to 63.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1454472283335049216

I read somewhere they've also added Atlantis to the mix.

But Martians still remain an absolute "NO!". Standards must be maintained for the benefit of all.

19 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

So are the remaining 23k of the 30k flying in the cargo hold?

Their baggage is coming separately,

Most of the flights into Swampy appear to be domestic..... not sure how that represents  many International arrivals.....and 7000 on 110 International flights is hardly packing them in. 

Edited by jacko45k

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

hardly packing them in.

64 people per plane including the crew.

Good service though and window seat practically guaranteed.

You can't sustain an airline with so few passengers.

Edited by MrJ2U

31 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

64 people per plane including the crew.

Good service though and window seat practically guaranteed.

You can't sustain an airline with so few passengers.

"440 commercial flights consisting of 230 domestic flights, 110 international and 100 cargo flights, 

AoT president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn said Monday will see the airport operating at about 30 percent capacity, adding that 7,000 of the 30,000 arrivals will be from international flights, TNN reported."

7000/110 =  63.63

difficult to sustain a carrier on such small numbers imo .....    

Edited by steven100
  • Haha 2