NANA plaza * Morning & Night bar to officially open for business on Nov 5 (also, Hanrahans)

OishiRefill

On 10/31/2021 at 10:56 AM, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I reckon they'll open a bag of crisps for ya mate. Cheeky, innit?

I happened to "Stumble Into" a Soi Nana establishment some years ago, where within minutes I got the warmest possible welcome to Amazing Thailand.

Only because you 'hansum man!'

5 minutes ago, Farmerslife said:

Has anyone informed Pol Gen Aswin Kwanmuang yet? He appears to have a different view.

I suspect some of the bars along soi 4 might open but I'm guessing the plaza will remain closed.

depends on if any donations were made. 

3 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I remember very clearly my first visit to Nana as a young nieve fresh faced farang. Stumbled into it whilst looking for a place to play pool. It went something like this. There was a bar pretty much centre on the ground floor ran by a large Thai lady. I ordered a beer. She saddled up beside me and loudly proclaimed "I want your #$%@". Sheepishly I replied "Oh I don't I have a big one" To which she looked around the bar at all the old fella's and proclaimed "Big, not big, I don't care - I just want hard". Chuckles all around. Before I could do or say anything she stands right infront of me (facing away from me), reaches back and grabs both my hands and pulls them tight around her (they just about made it around her). She then starts ramming herself up against the bar (with me hanging off the back of her completely helpless) as she screams and shouts " Oh yes... yes... #$%^ me.... harder" She had iron grip... i was completely helpless as she continued her little charade, meanwhile the whole place was looking on wetting themselves with laughter. What a tool I must 'av looked! Ah... fond memories.

And when he woke up, he figured out, he had a wet dream.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeyrobot said:

Bars open on soi 4 at the moment> Blackout, Chequers, Hillary 2, Hanrahans now known as Fitzgeralds, The Tavern Bar, The Blarney Stone was the Heidelberg, Champs corner soi 4 & soi 6 And Bar 4 . 

Didn't know the Heidelberg had changed name. When did that happen?

Last Friday I walked passed Nana and saw a delivery truck and crew unloading cases of beer and bringing it into a first floor agogo   restaurant.

I don't know if any venues there actually have a restaurant license, as most operate as 'bars' and 'entertainment' with appropriate licenses for those. businesses. Bars on/off Soi 7 plan to open tonight, save for the few owned by people above, beside and inside the law (which have been open for the duration).

16 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Last Friday I walked passed Nana and saw a delivery truck and crew unloading cases of beer and bringing it into a first floor agogo   restaurant.

I don't know if any venues there actually have a restaurant license, as most operate as 'bars' and 'entertainment' with appropriate licenses for those. businesses. Bars on/off Soi 7 plan to open tonight, save for the few owned by people above, beside and inside the law (which have been open for the duration).

Not sure how many have jumped the gun on re-opening bars based on the 'Thailand to open 1st Nov' news.

It'll be interesting to see what the powers will do and who will enforce, or not.

2 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not sure how many have jumped the gun on re-opening bars based on the 'Thailand to open 1st Nov' news.

It'll be interesting to see what the powers will do and who will enforce, or not.

Quite a few of the bars are owned by the police, so there could be a little bit of tension brewing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

Didn't know the Heidelberg had changed name. When did that happen?

Some time after Germans stopped being a mainstay of the area. When was the last time you met a Swiss? They used to build hotels just for them.

2 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

I remember very clearly my first visit to Nana as a young nieve fresh faced farang. Stumbled into it whilst looking for a place to play pool. It went something like this. There was a bar pretty much centre on the ground floor ran by a large Thai lady. I ordered a beer. She saddled up beside me and loudly proclaimed "I want your #$%@". Sheepishly I replied "Oh I don't I have a big one" To which she looked around the bar at all the old fella's and proclaimed "Big, not big, I don't care - I just want hard". Chuckles all around. Before I could do or say anything she stands right infront of me (facing away from me), reaches back and grabs both my hands and pulls them tight around her (they just about made it around her). She then starts ramming herself up against the bar (with me hanging off the back of her completely helpless) as she screams and shouts " Oh yes... yes... #$%^ me.... harder" She had iron grip... i was completely helpless as she continued her little charade, meanwhile the whole place was looking on wetting themselves with laughter. What a tool I must 'av looked! Ah... fond memories.

'She' probably had a bigger one than you. 

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, Walker88 said:

I don't know if any venues there actually have a restaurant license

A mate tells me a former booze only place near NP has now set up little tables inside and become a sports bar, serving the usual sports bar edible fare. I'd expect to see more of this. Next step is pushing this 9 pm nonsense to midnight. That'd get me down for a BKK visit. Though the wife wouldn't want us going to Nana heh. You'd be seeing me at O'Shea's or Buddy's further up the road.

• Like 1