LINE and Windows 7 - Does it still work?

howto

Back in March and April this year there were 2 OP's concerning this.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1210666-line-end-of-suport-for-windows-7-and-8-line-desktop-app/

and

https://aseannow.com/topic/1220026-line-app-no-longer-supports-windows-7-and-8-please-click-below-to-download-the-latest-compatible-version/

Having read those several time I'm still somewhat confused.

As I have need for Line on my pc w/ Win-7,

I ask If this was resolved, that is 'has there been a update where it now works or am I SOL' ?

No, I don't want windows 10, and I don't want to reset my account, lose pics and chats.

Thanks,

- howto

• Thanks 1

I have LINE and Whatsapp on my laptop and phone.
Use LINE for Thailand and Whatsapp for UK.

I run Win7 Pro.
Had some difficulties getting LINE to accept being in 2 places at once a few times, solved it more by chance than following online instructions how to do.

When I turn my laptop back on in the morning Whatsapp starts first then LINE for which I show the QR code.

• Thanks 1

Download LINE to your laptop.

Once download finished open LINE.

Once loaded, may take a few seconds, a QR box will appear.

Point your phone at the laptop, your phone screen should be showing the QR code, they should recognize each other, tap the QR code on your phone, wait a second or so, you should be ready to go.

When ever you turn your internet connection or laptop off and wish to use LINE again you will need to do the recognition procedure again.

You can save items from your phone to your laptop but remember the limit period is 12 days, I think.
Also when you "save as" the items from the phone they will not be available to open again..

Good luck

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2021 at 12:44 PM, Speedo1968 said:

Good luck

Hi Speedo1968,

Thank you very much for your help and good advice as it does work. Greatly appreciated. 

Win ???? 

9 hours ago, Kan Win said:

Hi Speedo1968,

Thank you very much for your help and good advice as it does work. Greatly appreciated. 

Win ???? 

Happy it works for you too - for me its the benefit of a large keyboard and less key errors - I also have Whatsapp on phone and laptop.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Kan Win said:

Never been on that one, might have a look at that. 

Thank you once again.

Win ????

Whatsapp is, from what I understand, not common in Thailand, it is in the UK.  Not sure why this is now, originally it was a free alternative to SMS.
My children in UK use Whatsapp, it's format is different to LINE, perhaps less friendly.
I had no difficulty in downloading app to both phone and laptop but it was difficult to get it accepted on both.

On 10/31/2021 at 8:24 AM, howto said:

No, I don't want windows 10, and I don't want to reset my account, lose pics and chats.

There are lots of us out there who hate win 10 and won't go there, instead successfully still running win 7, which has many advantages, like being much less the target for virus and hacks.

Mine still gets updates occasionally.

You may be able to fix your 'Line' issues by installing it again, that is do not remove the program, just try to download and install it, you will probably get the message 'program already installed but a newer version is available' they would then offer you the update, just click update, then you won't loose any of your photos or messages.